Walt Disney Studios Makeover

Started by TowMater, April 03, 2009, 07:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

I was just thinking about this so I got out my pencils straight away.

WDS still looks like a urm... Don't know how to desribe it but some rides and other stuff needs to be replaced.

Front Lot
Studio One reurbished
Character Greetings
Restaurant

Toon Studio
Big expansion
Ratatouille attraction
Animaguie! reurbished and scenes removed and added
Toy Story Midway Mania (Having the idea for Toy Story Playland cancelled)
Incredibles 4-D Cinema

Production Courtyard
Cinemaguie closed
The Great Movie Ride replaces Cinemaguie
Playhouse Disney Character Greetings

Hollywood Blvd.
Studio Tram Tour completey new route and re-built
Restaurant
Attraction (Don't know where to place)

Backlot
Armageddon closed
An unknown attraction replaces Armageddon with new entrance
Moteurs... Action! improves with better stunts and hotter explosions
Narnia attraction
Unknown attraction

Entertainment
Bigger Parade Route

Well, What did you think?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

The Butlin Boy

Nice ideas Mater, You've come up with some interesting ideas (The Incredibles 4D sounds interesting) :) Well Done =D>

luke85

Sounds like you've got some great ideas!

Magicalmouse125

I've got to agree, you've got some fantastic ideas here.

Here's hoping there's a DLRP spy on this forum who might take these on board :P
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

TowMater

The Incredibles 4-D Show

I was thinking of it to start when Mirage frees Mr. Incredible in which chokes her then Helen arrives and ends with Syndrome destroyed by Mr. Incredible's car.

There will be tons of effects inculding lots of breeze on the Dash scene and maybe water effects on the same scene.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

david

why get rid of cinemagique?! its my third favourite thing in the park!

Ice101

The one thing this park lacks is a sense of place.  I think that is what they need to address.  They need to find a location and make you feel like you are actually in that location.  Not a mish mesh of desert and under the sea or a few cheap signs.  A real location or surrounding location.  Like New York Gangster Street, I believe was the name, was a purposed attraction. That is the kind of area this park needs.  Toy Story Playland seems to make you feel like you are IN the movie and that is what the park needs.  They don't need a movie studio theme they need locations.  Weather that is a real location or in the movie.

lil-shawn

QuoteThe one thing this park lacks is a sense of place. I think that is what they need to address. They need to find a location and make you feel like you are actually in that location. Not a mish mesh of desert and under the sea or a few cheap signs. A real location or surrounding location. Like New York Gangster Street, I believe was the name, was a purposed attraction. That is the kind of area this park needs. Toy Story Playland seems to make you feel like you are IN the movie and that is what the park needs. They don't need a movie studio theme they need locations. Weather that is a real location or in the movie.

I argee with you, the problem is, the actual theme is a working studio, but they should change the whole park into a hollywood that never was, like in DHS. all they have to do is a big makeover, demolish studio 1 and replace the whole thing and the front lot into the buena vista street like in DCA. put in the trolley car system from the entrance to backlot. give rnrc the makeover from RNRCJ idea ect... i think this studio park has a lot of potential not just adding a lot of new rides, this park needs to be more disney!

Ice101

Quote from: "lil-shawn"
QuoteThe one thing this park lacks is a sense of place. I think that is what they need to address. They need to find a location and make you feel like you are actually in that location. Not a mish mesh of desert and under the sea or a few cheap signs. A real location or surrounding location. Like New York Gangster Street, I believe was the name, was a purposed attraction. That is the kind of area this park needs. Toy Story Playland seems to make you feel like you are IN the movie and that is what the park needs. They don't need a movie studio theme they need locations. Weather that is a real location or in the movie.

I argee with you, the problem is, the actual theme is a working studio, but they should change the whole park into a hollywood that never was, like in DHS. all they have to do is a big makeover, demolish studio 1 and replace the whole thing and the front lot into the buena vista street like in DCA. put in the trolley car system from the entrance to backlot. give rnrc the makeover from RNRCJ idea ect... i think this studio park has a lot of potential not just adding a lot of new rides, this park needs to be more disney!
I actually think to set the park apart you go into the movies.  For example, you go INTO a New York scene.  Something like that.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Ice101"The one thing this park lacks is a sense of place.  I think that is what they need to address.  They need to find a location and make you feel like you are actually in that location.  Not a mish mesh of desert and under the sea or a few cheap signs. A real location or surrounding location.  Like New York Gangster Street, I believe was the name, was a purposed attraction. That is the kind of area this park needs.  Toy Story Playland seems to make you feel like you are IN the movie and that is what the park needs.  They don't need a movie studio theme they need locations.  Weather that is a real location or in the movie.

I completely agree. The movie studio setup simply doesn't work well enough to warrant a whole park. The "studio" needs to end somewhere and turn into someplace interesting.

lil-shawn

hey guy´s sorry to bring up this topic again,
but i think i know how to make the studios a disney
worth theme park.
right now i stoped on my discoveryland and 3rd park
projects and work on some stuff for the WDS.
the problem with the studios is that nothing really
fits right now. so i say they have to change the theme,
from a working studio into a a park who presents his movies
with rides, shops and restaurants.
so now they can make different themed lands, like in disneyland park.
lets say something like universal studios - island of adventures!

lil-shawn

Okay here we go, i didn´t make a photoshop production,
but i will try to explain you with pic´s what i would change
on front lot!!!

first of all i have to say, studio 1 is a beautyfull building, it is just on
the wrong place! for my changes studio 1 has to get demolished, and
the buildings from front lot will get a make over.
it will be a copy of the buena vista street from DCA.

http://s231432788.onlinehome.us/lotion/ ... 3-0005.jpg

the entrance to the studios will not be changed, it will stay as it is.

on the place where the glas front is will be the cartey circle theatre, with an attraction like
the one mans dream at disney´s hollywood studios.
on the original place where the theater is, we have our tower of terror.
also the red car trolley will go from the buena vista street to RnRc....

with production curtyard i want something special, the whole plase will
transform into hyperion studios, it will look like its original.

the disney channel building and studio 2 will get demolished and there we will have our nice studio 1 again. inside the studio we have soarin over the world, or a dark ride like
the great movie ride. playhouse disney and stitch live will take its place in one of the
other buildings of the hyperion studios.

now we have a lot of themening, and a lot of greenery. this is right now the
thing that is lacking in the studios. but it is not over, the hollywood blvd. will get a little
expansion too.

on the backside of the tower of terror, where the tram route is now, there will be a new
restaurant, the brown derby. opposide the resataurant there will be the viewing area
for the new world of color show.

thats it for now. i will create something on photoshop, that you will have a little
visual piece. hope you like this ideas and i will post something new as soon as am done.

The Butlin Boy

Amazing ideas lil-shawn, this is just what the Studios needs (but keep ahold of Cinemagique, it's one of the Studios greats)! I'm looking forward to the photoshop that you have coming :)

CentralPlazaPerson

I like your ideas TM!
I just don't like the cinemagique idea. It's a fantastic attraction!
I also agree with the great movie ride idea! I think WDS definitely needs this but I don't think Studio 2 is the place for it! I think the ride should have a new building built for it.
Good stuff TM!

dagobert

CentralPlazaPerson, I have to agree with you. I also think that Cinemagique is a fantastic attraction.

The Great Movie Ride deserves a new building. I would prefer the Chinese Theatre at the end of an extended Hollywood Blvd.