Peter Pan's Flight

Started by Magic M, March 24, 2009, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

My last trip to DLRP was in early December for the Christmas season all its festive cheer.  At that time of the year we have the god-send that is Extra Magic Hours!

Naturally I used this time to queue jump the Mega-Queue rides of Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan's Flight!

When I rode PPF (normally 1-2 times every morning for 4 days!) I noticed that it was much darker than in previous years - most noticably in the "flying over London" section.  I remember before seeing all the lights of London and Big Ben quite clearly but this time around I had trouble to make them out.

Was this because some of the LEDs had blown or the UV was not working properly?  Or was it simply my eyes hadn't fully adjusted from the morning winter sunshine?

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Magic M"When I rode PPF (normally 1-2 times every morning for 4 days!) I noticed that it was much darker than in previous years - most noticably in the "flying over London" section.  I remember before seeing all the lights of London and Big Ben quite clearly but this time around I had trouble to make them out.
Glad I'm not the only one!

The darkness, paticularly in that scene but throughout the whole ride, really spoiled it for me, actually.

Snow_White_Girl

I noticed the whole ride seemed much darker on my last visit too, I wonder why? The whole magic of the ride is when you're "flying" over London, it makes no sense for it to be as dark as it is really!

\":lamp:\"

djdisney

I noticed that and also im glad because as soon as i got off the ride it broke down, which i was glad me my mum and dad were not inside because we wouldnt of been able to get out.

Magic M

I know its really off topic but on our last morning in the park we finally managed to time it right to catch the Character Express and followed Peter and Wendy around the Plaza to get their autographs.

Can I say - how f'n CUTE is Wendy!  OK she's a little chubby (I'm soooo cool with that) but she has THE most beautiful eyes.  Its ok to say this - my girlfriend fancied Peter!

Has anyone here seen the Peter/Wendy "Kiss" video on youtube?

CentralPlazaPerson

no link please ;)  :lol:  :lol:

Aveen2008

Hi I am glad I am not the only one who was wondering if the right had got darker! i have noticed in the past year or so it is much darker, which is a shame cus it doesn't make the ride as good. In fact I took my mum on it and she didn't stop saying how it was just pitch dark and didn't understand why I thought it was a good ride, she found it a bit scary being in the air i a boat that creaked and jerked in the dark :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Not sure if my eyes just weren't adjusted, but the aerial London and Neverland scenes really do seem a lot darker... Couldn't make out anything but Big Ben, and could hardly see Neverland at all. Filmed one very bad on-ride video.

I've always found Peter Pan's Flight to be perhaps the most disappointing ride ever though...

Willow

Would anyone go on Peter Pan's Flight if they didn't have the "flying" ride vehicle's? Its one of the most popular rides in the park but there isn't anything overly special about it.

Its only a bog-standard Fantasyland dark ride. There is so much potential for Peter Pan and the other dark rides but it wouldn't be worth it to improve them dramatically.

Pete's Dragon

We could only get Elisha to go on it once because she didnt like how dark it was. Apart from the very start (pan's shadow on the bedroom wall) and the mermaids at the end, even I had trouble making stuff out. Def. a lot darker than it was.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Willow"Would anyone go on Peter Pan's Flight if they didn't have the "flying" ride vehicle's? Its one of the most popular rides in the park but there isn't anything overly special about it.

Its only a bog-standard Fantasyland dark ride. There is so much potential for Peter Pan and the other dark rides but it wouldn't be worth it to improve them dramatically.

I adore Peter Pan's Flight. Sure, it's just a dark ride, but it's a lot of magic for a modest budget — something they could have looked at when building the Studios. The "flying over London" part never ceases to reinvigorate my faith in cardboard and glow-in-the-dark paint. It's just a shame it's so short.

never2old

It's too short, too fast, and lately too dark  :(

Which is a real shame because it's such a beautiful ride. I don't know which bit I love more, the flying over London, the flying over Neverland, or flying in the stars... Only now London is too dark, and the bit when it's supposed to be really dark and you have all the stars around you is so fast, that if you blink you can miss it. The only bit you can still really enjoy is the flight over Neverland...

And still, the queues are never ending... And still, even though I know I'll come out feeling slightly cheated, I cannot go to DLRP and not ride it at least once (unless the queues make it really impossible...).

Agent Lex

Quote from: "never2old"And still, the queues are never ending... And still, even though I know I'll come out feeling slightly cheated, I cannot go to DLRP and not ride it at least once (unless the queues make it really impossible...).
That's what Extra Magic Hours are for - running as fast as you can through the castle and getting on when there's no queue :P

luke85

I really enjoy this attraction, and I think the effects in it are great, but the smallest problem with any of the effects can totally ruin it, e.g. if it's too dark.

My favourite bit is when you sail past the big ship and it lights up with Tink's pixie dust, it's great! The DL version of this scene is much smaller, we have it much better at DLP! :D

lynny

i know your all right........but.....i still love it and have to go on as money times as possible....thank god as you say for magic hours....and this christmas the vip fastpasses.(still had to wait though on this ride even with these.lol)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013