Brave (Pixar 2012)

Started by Anthony, March 19, 2009, 02:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Release: June 2012

A snippet about Pixar's [strike:22r4gad7]Winter 2011[/strike:22r4gad7] release:

Quote[Reese Witherspoon] This is what she had to say about Pixar's Winter 2011 release, The Bear and the Bow and her character Merida:

"I get offered a lot of animated movies... [then] Pixar came along with another great character. A girl from royalty who would rather be a great archer? And she has a Scottish accent? Who could turn that down? You always go for the great character to play, even if she's animated."
Source: Upcoming Pixar

Doesn't signing up Reese Witherspoon to play a scottish girl go slightly against Pixar's usual way with voices? I suppose Ratatouille didn't have French voice artists, but she seems like an odd choice for a Scottish accent...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"A snippet about Pixar's Winter 2011 release:

Quote[Reese Witherspoon] This is what she had to say about Pixar's Winter 2011 release, The Bear and the Bow and her character Merida:

"I get offered a lot of animated movies... [then] Pixar came along with another great character. A girl from royalty who would rather be a great archer? And she has a Scottish accent? Who could turn that down? You always go for the great character to play, even if she's animated."
Source: Upcoming Pixar

Doesn't signing up Reese Witherspoon to play a scottish girl go slightly against Pixar's usual way with voices? I suppose Ratatouille didn't have French voice artists, but she seems like an odd choice for a Scottish accent...

Now I thought the Original Disney Press Release pinned this for a Winter 2012 release... I know Cars has jumped a year to 2011 now, and Newt has supposedly fell back...

I'm so confused now... These dates and Disney are confusing, they say one thing and now do another...

Captain Pan

The Pixar PR machine is in full working order for Christmas 2011's release Already..
Here are some Characters as showcased by the movies Director: Brenda Chapman (Director of Prince of Egypt, Story Department on Cars, Chicken Run, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Lion King and Beauty & the Beast)

and For that look at the Characters

Pete's Dragon

QuoteJulie Walters is joining the cast. She's set to play an evil witch, pitched against the 10th century Scottish royal family (the previously announced Reese Witherspoon, Emma Thompson and Billy Connolly). Apparently the focus will be on the mother-daughter relationship between Witherspoon as Merida and Thompson as the Queen.
From slashfilm.com

peep

Wow, this film is getting an excellent cast, can't wait to hear more about this film.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Aveen2008

Is it just me or do them character pictures look awful?? :?  :?  :?  I hope thats not the final draft of the animation! :(

On the positive side I love Reese Witherspoon I think she's fantastic! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

Bear and the Bow has been renamed. The new title will be 'Brave' ?!?
And the release date is now June 15th 2012.

luke85

I really begrudge all of these silly name changes Disney seems to be making lately...

Rapunzel ---> Tangled
The Bear and the Bow ---> Brave

Boring one-word titles that I suppose they think will be more memorable?   :roll: :?:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "luke85"I really begrudge all of these silly name changes Disney seems to be making lately...

Rapunzel ---> Tangled

Boring one-word titles that I suppose they think will be more memorable?   :roll: :?:

Yeah. Like Tron, Enchanted, Cars, Wall-E, Up, Bolt etc. Who remember them ??
 :wink:  8)

I dunno. The Bear and the Bow isnt a very catchy title, and never filled be with any sense of anticipation. I like the namechange

luke85

True true, all those films are very memorable. Although I do think "Cars" has to be the least-imaginitive film title of all time! :D

"Brave" to me is just an adjective, there's nothing creative or interesting about it. "The Bear and the Bow" seemed to evoke a bit of mystery and folklore in my mind.

pussinboots

I loved "The Bear and the Bow." It had that wonderful enigmatic quality of the names of pubs or London tube stations. It was the reason I clicked on this thread.

"Brave..." Doesn't get a thing out of me.

sebassah

QuoteYeah. Like Tron, Enchanted, Cars, Wall-E, Up, Bolt etc. Who remember them ??
:wink: 8)

I dunno. The Bear and the Bow isnt a very catchy title, and never filled be with any sense of anticipation. I like the namechange

Agreed!

simonandwendy626

Quote from: "luke85"I really begrudge all of these silly name changes Disney seems to be making lately...

Rapunzel ---> Tangled

:stitch:

There is nothing wrong with the title Tangled, the film isn't about Rapunzel as such, it's more about Flynn.
And you seem to be forgetting the other Disney films with single word titles.
Bambi. Cinderella. Pinocchio. Atlantis. Mulan. Tarzan. Aladdin. Dumbo. Fantasia. Enchanted.Tron. Hercules.

I'm sure there are more but I am having a Disney block :oops:

Anyway, I am sure that this new film will be just as memorable as all the others and I can't wait to see it :D

I just hope that I don't get confused hearing Mrs Weasley doing a voice over   :lol:

Have a Disney Day everyone

JelleP

For those who havent seen them yet: new concept arts have been released!
Here they are:

Source: The Pixar Blog
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

peep

Surprised no one else has posted this yet. The first poster for the film was released today, it looks pretty cool.

Still doesn't give too much away though but apparently a teaser will be unveiled before screenings of Cars 2! I'm looking forward to seeing some footage from this. They are also claiming it'll be their darkest film which isn't too hard considering all of their previous films are mainly bright and fun.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320