Do you remember... ?

Started by pandamoneum, March 12, 2009, 01:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamoneum

I've been thinking about the many changes to disneyland paris, the parades and attractions that are no longer there.  Somebody has already mentioned Captain EO that was in the park in 1992, but do you remember the Indian canoes and Jules Verne adventure with 9-eye?   :?:

ford prefect

I loved the Visionarium!  My wife was never a fan of Circlevision, however I really loved the story and the film.

I never saw the Indian Canoes except on the Singalong at Disneyland Paris video!

If anyone has any photos or video I would love to see them!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

cap'njack

I was discussing this at DLRP yesterday with my brother.

I really miss Captain Eo, I would love to see it return however I don't think that's possible anymore  :mrgreen:

I was also discussing when Pizza Plannet was an exhibition about Space Travel but he thought I was making that up!!

Anyone else remember the Peter Pan show on Captain Hook's ship? Or the gunfight above what is now the agrabah cafe?

RnRCj

Taking out Le Visionarium was one of the biggest mistakes ever made at Disney... and I never got to see it! :evil:

The Indian Canoes looked intersting too. Definitely better than the Pocahontas Indian Village! Does anyone know why they closed?

If these things returned one day, it would be one of the best days in DLRP's history!

Tiggerlili

Hi,
oh yes, I remember the Peter Pan Show. It was great. Mostly I miss Space Mountain De la Terre à la Lune. I loved it!!

pandamoneum

The canoes were closed because they could only hold a small amount of people so they were too costly to run, the keelboats were cancelled for the same reason. They brought those back though when one of the steamers was unable to run and for the 15th anniversary.  Its a shame the canoes were closed as they were fun, its unlikely they'll come back as they built the playground instead.  I also can't remember whether i went on the bucket ride of the old mill.  Can anyone tell me if they have restored this ride as i saw some pics recently that looked like they had the buckets back on and people in them?

I saw the peterpan show in adventureland when the characters used to play around the park, they should do that again, it was great cos you didn't have to wait for a set time/parade they were just everywhere having fun.

davewasbaloo

Oh the memories, I remember first hand and miss the following (attractions and shows, not effects as we would be here all night):

The photostudio where you could have old fashioned photos
Main Street Motors that had several old cars and tools
The Silhouette Studio
The Barber Shop Quartet in the barber Shop
The Pianist at Casey's Corner
The Police Saxophone group
Shoot outs in Frontierland
The Lucky Nugget Revue with real cancan dancers
The Canoes
Indian Village with guides and walk through teepees
The Indian craft shop
Explorers Club full of actors and table service
Cottonwood Creek petting zoo with wood carvers
Dueling Pirates on Adventure Isle
The Old Mill Pirouettes
Le Visionarium (my biggest loss coupled with...
Space Mountain au la terre a la Lune
Space Exhibit in Discoveryland
Space Band
Roc Shoc
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
10th Anniversary Show (don't miss that one)
Lion King
Capt. Eo (soft spot for this one)

So, quite a history.

The Adventureland Bazaar where they made
since 2001 (many before that)

Timbo

I remember Le Visonarium really well ,it was a fantastic unique attraction that fitted perfectly with the idea for Discoveryland ,used to do it on every trip without fail !! I wonder what ever happened to the "space/time travel  craft" that was on display outside the entrance ?
And have very fond memories of everything on Davewasbaloo's list ,the first few years of the Park opening were fantastic !!!!

SophieD

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The photostudio where you could have old fashioned photos
Main Street Motors that had several old cars and tools
The Silhouette Studio
The Barber Shop Quartet in the barber Shop
The Pianist at Casey's Corner
The Police Saxophone group
Shoot outs in Frontierland
The Lucky Nugget Revue with real cancan dancers
The Canoes
Indian Village with guides and walk through teepees
The Indian craft shop
Explorers Club full of actors and table service
Cottonwood Creek petting zoo with wood carvers
Dueling Pirates on Adventure Isle
The Old Mill Pirouettes
Le Visionarium (my biggest loss coupled with...
Space Mountain au la terre a la Lune
Space Exhibit in Discoveryland
Space Band
Roc Shoc
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
10th Anniversary Show (don't miss that one)
Lion King
Capt. Eo (soft spot for this one)

Does anyone have any pictures of these as I would love to see them!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I'm quite sad that i never got to go in Le Visionarium :(
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Sadly not, those were back in the film days where I took limited photos. I have the memories, and some of it is in the opening day special on You  Tube
since 2001 (many before that)

kmara

I still remember michael jackson at the 3d-cinema in discovery land.

and i totally agree with this one:
Quote from: "Timbo"And have very fond memories of everything on Davewasbaloo's list ,the first few years of the Park opening were fantastic !!!!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

CentralPlazaPerson

Is there anything left from those rides for e.g something in HISTA that would tell you Captain EO was there? or is the Indian Canoes station still there?

Anthony

The loading canal of the Indian Canoes is still there, at the back of the playground. Take a walk through sometime, it's a really nice spot on the river.

There's probably photos on www.photosmagiques.com

MinnieMouse

Oh Yes I remember and I don´t like it that DLP close a old attraction like Capitain EO for HISTA or the Visionarium from Jules Verne for Buzz Lightyear.

luke85

I regret not being able to experience Le Visionarium :(

Hopefully we will be getting back a lot of the original effects the park had at opening!  [-o<