Your Restaurant Reviews! (2006–2012)

Started by Anthony, March 10, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roisinrussell

PIZZA PLANET- Don't Go! :( It will leave a bad taste in your mouth :!:
Just Came back from a Fantastic trip to DLRP. Nothing went wrong. I go there quiet a bit without children for work so was very up to scratch on how to make the trip work.
I had never been to Pizza Planet before though and never would again and, for that matter, would recommend no one goes.
It is an embarrassment to the "quality" of the Disneyland Parks. No matter what price bracket you spend your money I have previously found there is a quality about the place. Work has taken me to the Davy Crockett Ranch as well as the Castle Club at the Disneyland Hotel and all in between so I am not condemning Pizza Planet on the buffet style as though I were some snob.
The problem starts with your children. They have seen Toy Story and want the restaurant to be Pizza Planet. Instead it is a buffet in a bunker. The room has no natural light and the whole floor is on a slight drop slope.Everything you touch is sticky from the tables chairs to the floor. You can feel the stick under your shoes.

The price is 8.95Euro for kids and 17.95Euro for adults. Thats near 100 Euro for our group of 8. For that you get a main a dessert and a drink ( only fizzy drinks- no water or juices  :( )Hot machine drinks are extra and there is no alcohol.
Seating is find for yourself and the buffet is self service fro food and drinks.
The salad bar was a  choice of 8 salads of the likes of canned corn, canned beetroot but also some cous cous. There were 3 types of pizza and 2 types of pasta with 3 different sauces. Desserts were fruit salad, chocolate tart, apple tart and cheesecake actually all good.
Inevitably a child had split a sticky Fanta while walking from the drinks station to a table. With the slope on the floor the spill spread quickly down hill. The play area is a shoes off area but some children just run back to the table with no shoes straight through the spills. I stopped a table wiper and suggested it should be wiped off.
He offered me his cloth which I on principle refused. I took every napkin I could find and trace the river of Fanta with the napkins to excentuate the spill so no child would run through it and maybe someone would clear it eventually.
The playground area seemed fine though the prominently positioned Rex slide you would have seen in the pix has gone.

To the toilets- the toilet floor was covered with water/wee and 2 sinks were blocked. There is no attendant or any indicator of the toilets being checked.
In short my son of 4 kept comparing Pizza Planet the one in the movie and continued to tell me the differences. I could only say the one in the movie was in the USA and this was different because it was France. He said he did not want to go again.
It is unpleasant and you spend as little time as you can there which serves their purpose of getting people in and out as quick as possible.It feels like a feeding through for animals.

cinders

When we go we always have a meal at Cafe Mickey excellent food and service! Also we use the lucky nugget and the blue lagoon also very good food! Walts is also very good! And for a quick snack casey`s is good!

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

sebassah

So sad to hear that Pizza Planet was such a horrible experience for you.

My top 3 restaurants is:

1. Blue Lagoon; Disneyland Park Adventureland. Expensive but great food, awesome deserts, in an unique atmosphere.
2. Annettes Diner; Diney Village. Great Burgers, love the outfits and theming. As it is always very busy in the evening I normally go for lunch.
3. Fuente del Oro; Disneyland Park Frontierland. Great food, good price awesome terras for people watching while eating!

How ever my last trip we had diner at Rainforrest Cafe (Disney Village) which was great was aswell!

Disney Mum

Last time we went we finally made it to the Agrabah and that is without doubt our favourite, as long as you avoid the sweets there is loads of healthy really tasty food.  I also loved Annette's, so glad we went - thinking of having the kids birthday cakes there next year.

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

stacey-claire

Hey, just wondering what people think of plaza gardens, i have booked for one of our meals whislt we are there, so would just like to know a bit about it xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "stacey-claire"Hey, just wondering what people think of plaza gardens, i have booked for one of our meals whislt we are there, so would just like to know a bit about it xx :belle:
Plaza Gardens is Dylans favourite buffet in the park.  It has lots of salads, pasta rice, hot meats, chips, pizza etc. and plenty of desserts.  I have booked for 19th December when we go  :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

lauramumof3

we like plaza gardens too! its got a lovely atmosphere.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

stacey-claire

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "stacey-claire"Hey, just wondering what people think of plaza gardens, i have booked for one of our meals whislt we are there, so would just like to know a bit about it xx :belle:
Plaza Gardens is Dylans favourite buffet in the park.  It has lots of salads, pasta rice, hot meats, chips, pizza etc. and plenty of desserts.  I have booked for 19th December when we go  :D

Thanks, my little brother is a trpical 9 year old when it comes to food, so have to make sure there is summat he will like, we have booked for the 21st lol xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

Zeus25

I guess I have no specific Restaurant that support with only that I also want to know what other restaurant serves so i can compare it with others. I guess my basis of a great Restaurant is on how they cooked their foods and how they serve it so as on how the crew and the waiter serves the customer. There are many great restaurant there and many has their reputation to be taken care of and there are also those small time that although people haven't know them they serve great and good foods.

Laura678

Has anybody any recent opinions of The Parkside Diner? Thinking of going there although the bf wants to try Cape Cod...

Also Beaver Creek Tavern? Any recent thought of that restaurant?
Thanks
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Laura678"Has anybody any recent opinions of The Parkside Diner? Thinking of going there although the bf wants to try Cape Cod...

Also Beaver Creek Tavern? Any recent thought of that restaurant?
Thanks
We went to Parkside Diner during our Halloween trip and didn't like it at all! There was lots of nice salad but not really much else. I had salad and chips and Dylan had pasta and chicken nuggets! I think for the price there are better places to go, but that is just my opinion and it may just have been a bad day to go!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

stacey-claire

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the pizzas are like in cafe mickey, thinking about having some when we go and would just like to know if they are nice and stuff xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

Adam

Haven't had one myself, but I have been told they are very nice. Nice and big, a choice of toppings and freshly made to your requirements.

dagobert

Quote from: "stacey-claire"Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the pizzas are like in cafe mickey, thinking about having some when we go and would just like to know if they are nice and stuff xx :belle:

We have eaten at Cafe Mickey twice and it was always very delicious. The pizzas are very good and you can't compare them to the fast food pizzas you get inside the parks, for example at Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost.
At Cafe Mickey the pizzas are fresh and taste like real Italian pizzas. I can really recommend the pizzas.

I have posted some pictures about Cafe Mickey in the Disney Food thread in the trip reports section.

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "stacey-claire"Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the pizzas are like in cafe mickey, thinking about having some when we go and would just like to know if they are nice and stuff xx :belle:

We have eaten at Cafe Mickey twice and it was always very delicious. The pizzas are very good and you can't compare them to the fast food pizzas you get inside the parks, for example at Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost.
At Cafe Mickey the pizzas are fresh and taste like real Italian pizzas. I can really recommend the pizzas.

I have posted some pictures about Cafe Mickey in the Disney Food thread in the trip reports section.

Same for me, I love the pizzas there!! They're delicious, you can choose what you put in them (last time I had italian chicken, sundried tomatoes and onions... yummy!!), and they're huge - I couldn't finish mine! Best pizzas in the resort!