St David's Welsh Festival at DLRP

Started by Owain, February 28, 2009, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Another year, another St David's Day Celebration at Disneyland Resort Paris.

QuoteDisneyland Resort Paris is inviting guests to celebrate all things Welsh alongside popular Disney characters during the St David's Welsh Festival from 6th - 8th March 2009.

Disney icons, Mickey and Minnie, will don their best Welsh-themed outfits for the occasion whilst the Disneyland Park and Disney Village will take inspiration from the land of rolling mountains and lush valleys to present a fun-packed programme to amaze and entertain the whole family.

The best of Wales comes alive in the magic of Disney with music and dance, culture and crafts.  The Welsh spirit soars with a traditional Welsh Choir, face-painting and fireworks - it's a red, white and green as you've never, ever seen!

//http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/welsh_festival/

Again in wales they have organised school trips during this week for high schools going to the resort.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Owain"Again in wales they have organised school trips during this week for high schools going to the resort.
Wouldn't wanna be there during that, then! I'm bad enough around kids anyway, never mind school trip groups. :P

Though it's good to see Disney once again celebrating probably the least-observed saint's day out of the Big 4.

Magicalmouse125

Are they just doing the same things they did last year????
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

kiki_304

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Owain"Though it's good to see Disney once again celebrating probably the least-observed saint's day out of the Big 4.

St David is very much celebrated in Wales and throughout the world by the welsh so I really cannot see how it is the least celebrated.  

Also, In contrast with the other national patron saints of the British Isles, Saints George, Andrew and Patrick, David is a native of the country of which he is patron saint.  

Not sure if I would want to be there with school trips either though. lol  And I'm welsh.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "kiki_304"
Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Owain"Though it's good to see Disney once again celebrating probably the least-observed saint's day out of the Big 4.

St David is very much celebrated in Wales and throughout the world by the welsh so I really cannot see how it is the least celebrated.  

Also, In contrast with the other national patron saints of the British Isles, Saints George, Andrew and Patrick, David is a native of the country of which he is patron saint.  

Not sure if I would want to be there with school trips either though. lol  And I'm welsh.

Thats the Way to Tell them Kiki!
I Dare Say the Least Celebrated Saint out of the Big 4 is George... Scots Go Crazy in November, half of the US and All of Ireland and the Uk goes Green for Patrick... And Down in Patagonia, in Argentina and in one school in the heart of London along with the Land Of Poetry and Song goes Red (mainly led by Max Boyce) for David!
And Saying that George is no longer a Saint... Pope repealed his status along with Chirstophers a good few years ago.

Nice to See that Disney takes up the Welsh Mantle! Only Wish I was out there for it... With my Shirt promoting Brains (Or Brawn or Essai even) and the Daff too!

I'd want to be taking the School Trip there... Maybe one day when I Qualify and Get My QTS i will... I'd enjoy it!

Wonder if the CMs are gong to use Cymraeg Bob Dydd (Everyday Welsh) during the festival?

SophieD

I must say that St. Davids day is not celebrated like it should be!! I love it how Disney celebrate all 4 Saints Days!!

I like the Disney logo for St. David how they have incorporated the Welsh Dragon and Mickey!!

What do Disney do for St. David's Day?
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Owain

Quote from: "SophieD"I must say that St. Davids day is not celebrated like it should be!! I love it how Disney celebrate all 4 Saints Days!!

I like the Disney logo for St. David how they have incorporated the Welsh Dragon and Mickey!!

What do Disney do for St. David's Day?

A few things, check the site out Sophie on the first post :)

The Butlin Boy

Here are some pics for those who are interested:

http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/p ... f=2&t=4806

:)

kaysha

Hey!  

DLRP Times presents its pictures of the St David's Welsh festival:
//http://dlrptimes.over-blog.fr/article-28802918.html

We don't forget you :D

Captain Pan

Some outstanding Pictures... There and Some Points need to be brought out to those who unaware of the History of Cymru

The Wizard in the Car along with Mr & Ms Mouse I'm guessing is a fellow we call Myrddin...
Myrddin through many texts is a person who comes from the East Welsh County of Carmarthen, and he is Par of the Fellowship surrounding a King known as Pendragon... Who's throne Passes on With Help from a Stone... To Young Arthur who "builds" Camelot!
So that Wizard could be Merlin... Need someone's inside info for the correct note

I want Mickey's Waistcoat... It's very reminiscent of the One Welsh Singer/Poet Max Boyce... Hmm that might work for My Second Teaching Practice next February-April!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the photos kaysha :)

Kristof

Better late than never!  A video of the fireworks display:

[dailymotion:31loljkr]x8mpnj[/dailymotion:31loljkr]

Elwell2009

2 years they have used fantasmic now for st david's day but i think its really gd and it looks improved on last year.

really enjoyed it :D

Owain

My sister brought home the st davids celebration weekend plan, I'll upload it later :)

Captain Pan

That was really really fun and entertaining...

and Thanks to you Kristof I might have just found out ways of promoting Fireworks in Primary School... or even Part of a book!

Thanks for the Magic!  :wink: