Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show... with Mickey and Friends!

Started by Kristof, January 29, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Funny how my brothers loved the show when they were young. And my 3 and 5 year olds said it was a high point and want to go again without toons.

Of my 51 trips, I have been to BBWWS about 16 times. I don't know if I want to bother now. To me getting the axe would have been preferable.
since 2001 (many before that)

zanderstarz

ooo new front sign!

~ just like we dreamed it ~

bigrossco

at lest it looks more of a tempory sign...

fingers crossed
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Thanks for the photo.

The poster looks a bit out of place, but the sign hanging down is good.

I was hoping they'd go all kitsch/ironic and put giant Mickey ears on Sitting Bull. :lol:

15yearsofMagic2008

I heard some people on this topic say , the mickey's magical party event is starting to annoy me . Well the only reason they are putting Mickey Mouse forward is because he is the biggest icon in Disney History ! So they are bound to put him in the show to make MORE tourists come forwards and get more fme then more people will come and more then more. See what i mean.]

BTW , I have seen Buffalo Bill's wild west show ,but not with Mickey in . But it would be exactly the same wouldn't it .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"BTW , I have seen Buffalo Bill's wild west show ,but not with Mickey in . But it would be exactly the same wouldn't it .

Not according to friend reports. One of my friends is a huge MM fan and he said from last week's visit, the show has been ruined and he will not return - and that's a fan of the Mouse.

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Not according to friend reports. One of my friends is a huge MM fan and he said from last week's visit, the show has been ruined and he will not return - and that's a fan of the Mouse.

Why ? What Happened ?

RnRCj

Mickey just has nothing to do with the Wild West. This is like giving Big Thunder Mountain a Mickey-makeover - it doesn't make sense at all.

luke85

I love Mickey Mouse, and I also loved Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show (even though I felt so ill throughout as I'd forgotten to take an antihistamine, but that's another story...), but I can't imagine how these two elements would combine to form a cohesive show? Even if Mickey and his friends only had a small part, I just think their appearance would destroy the atmosphere you get from BBWWS.

The pictures I've seen look bizarre, maybe the show is better when viewed in person?

davewasbaloo

What happens is Mickey meet and greets for photos (I am ok with this - and they have done it before).  Then they get the characters on the stage and sing kiddie songs (instead of cancan dancers, magicians, jugglers, rope tricks that they used to do). In the main arena, the characters come out with the impressario, they also join in the camp fire scene, and the rodeo games at the end.

Personally, I think this is like drawing a moustache on the mona lisa, even if it is not permanent, I hate it.

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"What happens is Mickey meet and greets for photos (I am ok with this - and they have done it before).  Then they get the characters on the stage and sing kiddie songs (instead of cancan dancers, magicians, jugglers, rope tricks that they used to do). In the main arena, the characters come out with the impressario, they also join in the camp fire scene, and the rodeo games at the end.

Personally, I think this is like drawing a moustache on the mona lisa, even if it is not permanent, I hate it.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

That is so weird ! It is as if their trying to turn the show into a meet 'n' greet instead of a wild west show ! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

zanderstarz

having seen the show, (before and after) and being a fan of both the mouse and the original show...i acutally think the new version is an improvement, especially for kids. it keeps the audience entertained for longer and gives the kids more to be interested in. they have done a very good job on combining the two elements and to be honest, you couldnt tell the difference between the old and the new, it blends very nicely.

:oops: thats just my opinion

it really isnt that bad...reserve your judgement until you see it live.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Aveen2008

Ive never seen the show, so I can't comment really on if it's better or worse but the thing is I go to Disneyland for the Disney element and appart from the fact I just haven't had the time or money on my visits to do it, it never appealed to me anyway as it had anything to do with Disney...this is just my opinion so please don't kill me. I also am aware the show is in the village and doesn't nesscarily have to be Disney orientated though.
However my guess is that the ratings have dropped for the show, less people have been perhaps going and they want to try this new technique to see if it brings in extra people and I think it may...so i don't think Disney are in the wrong for trying it at least.

I would be more likely to go now as there is a meet and greet and a Disney element to it.
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

Ummmm, Aveen, no disrespect, but this whole Disney film tie in culture has only been a very small part of Disney's theme park history. For the first 40 years of Disney theme park history it was about telling a story and making you feel like you were in a different place. This is why I hate what is happening at the parks and with fans (no disrespect to you, we all have different tastes).

The characters until recently was always just a very small part. Now it is becoming the main focus, and I hate that.

I fell in love with DL for attractions like Phantom Manor and PotC, Le Visionarium, and Big Thunder Mountain.  I couldn't care less if I ever saw anything character orientated, and I have always felt this way.

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Ummmm, Aveen, no disrespect, but this whole Disney film tie in culture has only been a very small part of Disney's theme park history. For the first 40 years of Disney theme park history it was about telling a story and making you feel like you were in a different place. This is why I hate what is happening at the parks and with fans (no disrespect to you, we all have different tastes).

The characters until recently was always just a very small part. Now it is becoming the main focus, and I hate that.

I fell in love with DL for attractions like Phantom Manor and PotC, Le Visionarium, and Big Thunder Mountain.  I couldn't care less if I ever saw anything character orientated, and I have always felt this way.

I'm afraid I have to agree. To define "Disney" as "having a Fab Five tie-in" seems to me terribly misguided.