Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

I might get a belle pin just to trade, but it does look cool. If only the disney store made more moving pins
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Dorsetcandy

Hi Everyone

sharing my Xmas pressie from Disney with you all!x

Stitch2814

WOW!! that is quite awesome!! Im jealous even though it doesnt have stitch on it Id still have it :P your one lucky person!

dlrpmad

Thats a great pressie sam, have you had anything else as brilliant as that from disney?
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Masamune

:D How lovely! :( All I got was a stupid card when I worked there in 2005.

:) Please get them listed on PinPics Sam!

Stitch2814

awww poor you lindsay *hugs* bet that was that managers doing :P

and yes please do put them on pinpics :)

Masamune

:) Oh BTW, I traded a really cute Tink pin off the lanyard today. :P Apparently it was one of Elaine's daughters who put it on there.

Dorsetcandy

Hi All
 I'm feeling poorly at mo  :cry:  so the pin and dec were a lovely surprise and motivator yest..it is now on pinpics!
@Lindsay i'm pretty sure all cms who work over xmas get these sets  :shock:  sure u should of!

A bit off topic but did any1 else manage to get free tickets to see princess and frog on 3rd Jan?u need copy of 2days mail and to go to www.seefilmfirst.co.uk and put in code 558324...i'm so looking 4ward to a new year treat esp as it is free  :D

Aveen2008

I'm kind of annoyed at my "local" disney store :evil: ! After spending hours helping my sister and looking after my niece and nephew today in Belfast I was exhausted. It was 5:30pm before we left their house. I decided even though I was exhausted I would ring to see what time the disney store closed at. It closed at 6pm so I got dad to rush down to the store and got in the door at about 5:50pm, only to be told they didn't have the pins which were released yesterday out to buy and I was told that they were most likely still amongst their delivery they got yesterday.

Both staff members were nice about it, they said they normally only get about 6 crates in each delivery but have about 18 because of christmas and that they haven't been through it all. I can understand this but when an item is meant to be out on a certain date its very frustrating to go the day later to find its still not there and I wouldn't mind only this has happened many times before with the pins :evil:  :cry:  :roll: .

I was told to ring during the week and they wud put them by for me but I live an hour away and wont be back down anyway. :roll:

As I said I wouldn't be as annoyed if it hadnt happened so many times with the pins and I am at the stage now where I just feel like ordering them all online from now on because the effort to go to the store and be disappointed isnt really worth it.  :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Ive not had experiences like that but I kind of hate the CMs in the oldham store they seem soo arrogant towards me when I go in and trade pins and try to tell me whats what which for me I turn round and tell them no, luckily one of my friends works there and so I try and see if he is in but I keep missing him lol

There is one woman I cant stand (lindsay THAT one) as Ive traded pins with her twice and she treated me like a dumb person who didnt know who characters where and telling me and lindsay what pins where which (just cause there a CM doesnt mean she know more, and to think she will get that pin sam posted  :twisted:  :evil: )

And the other time she actually said no to a trade so I called her a female dog and walked off as I was quite annoyed, I think Im lucky she is thick and dont remember me  :-"

But what ticks me off is I made a joke that the winnie the pooh slippers I got my mum for xmas where for myself and she looked me up and down and said we dont judge here but she well judged me I almost said you being homophobic (hahaha yes lindsay I would of kicked off on that remark) but I bit my tongue as I had not seen the lanyard yet hahahaha

But Aveen that is quite bad on there part and they should of gone into the back and look for it as the boxes would of been clearly labelled so surprised they didnt look for it as Ive made the disney store in Oldham go get there little bag from the back out to show me a few times, why they dont put those pins on the lanyard I dont know since they are for trading.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"Ive not had experiences like that but I kind of hate the CMs in the oldham store they seem soo arrogant towards me when I go in and trade pins and try to tell me whats what which for me I turn round and tell them no, luckily one of my friends works there and so I try and see if he is in but I keep missing him lol

There is one woman I cant stand (lindsay THAT one) as Ive traded pins with her twice and she treated me like a dumb person who didnt know who characters where and telling me and lindsay what pins where which (just cause there a CM doesnt mean she know more, and to think she will get that pin sam posted  :twisted:  :evil: )

And the other time she actually said no to a trade so I called her a female dog and walked off as I was quite annoyed, I think Im lucky she is thick and dont remember me  :-"

But what ticks me off is I made a joke that the winnie the pooh slippers I got my mum for xmas where for myself and she looked me up and down and said we dont judge here but she well judged me I almost said you being homophobic (hahaha yes lindsay I would of kicked off on that remark) but I bit my tongue as I had not seen the lanyard yet hahahaha

But Aveen that is quite bad on there part and they should of gone into the back and look for it as the boxes would of been clearly labelled so surprised they didnt look for it as Ive made the disney store in Oldham go get there little bag from the back out to show me a few times, why they dont put those pins on the lanyard I dont know since they are for trading.

I know the girl whos in charge of pin trading in my store but shes only in 1 day a week and I dont like complaining to her as shes really nice, plus I am only fighting the cause for myself really hehe. She's a member of this board actually.
I know what you mean about cast members thinking they know more. I went to buy the £3 lion king LE pin and because it didn't have a back on it they tried to talk me down and say it was definately £7. They were condesending about it. I have had some argue that pins weren't released etc I have been told in the past that they weren't able to take out the lanyard to trade as they only traded on saturdays, then would go the next week and be told, they could only take it out at certain times and then go the following week and have no problem.. it drove me nuts for a while. The staff don't really get pin trading.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

EXACTLY!! =D>

I think they should employ a member of staff that actually collects pins and they have the lanyard round there next all day they are working so that they know what to look for, Im guessing this is what they do in the parks have some trained to know what the pins are and know that they have to say yes and trade for what ever the trader offers. I just feel with the oldham store with the new staff temps its like yeah I got a job so the hell with it!

The manchester store has so many nice CM's and they get qutie involved with the pin trading days they hosted before xmas and all the CM's would pop over and have a chat but the oldham store its completley the opposite the CM's arnt friendly at all and talk down to you when it comes to pins. I dont argue with them there as this woman looks like she could take me as she looked rough hahaha

Aveen2008

hehe!!

I hate when non friendly people work for disney! Of all people to work for you shouldn't take a job with a company who is known for their friendly, happy approach!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Indeed!!!

Ive just had a cunning plan as my friend works at the store but doesnt collect pins so Im going to see if I can get his xmas pin off him next time I see him hehehe

Stitch2814

Quote from: "Stitch2814"Indeed!!!

Ive just had a cunning plan as my friend works at the store but doesnt collect pins so Im going to see if I can get his xmas pin off him next time I see him hehehe

update on that plan...FAILED!! as he didnt get one of the sets :( such a bummer... must only be for temps only then as a thankyou for helping out over christmas

also a downer, I said if and when he leaves if he would sell the ones on his nametag..damn him being smart lol and thought he would get more money on ebay  :evil: the one CM that thinks has to be mt friend hahaha