Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manjoolmania

Hi everyone! I seem to have totally forgotten that I joined the forum a couple of years back! Hence I've randomly appeared like this on one of the newest posts! :)

davewasbaloo I would SO be interested in your DLP pins! I managed to get an original space mountain one on ebay and I love it! :D

The nearest Disneystore to me is in Glasgow, Scotland. It's recently been refurbished and it is amazing! If I don't look out the front of the shop I don't feel like I'm in Glasgow at all!  :D I know what you mean about cast members in the stores though ... they are friendly enough but don't seem as enthusiastic as they used to be! :(
mesdames et messieurs et voulez enfants...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"Why do you want to get rid of your pin collection? Are you selling your pins?

You worked in a Disney Store? That's great. Did you work somewhere else for Disney, like a park, or from where do you get all the insider informations?

I may well be. Although my wife thinks I will regret it. So currently I am undecided. But I am thinking about getting rid of much of my collection (not all - personal memory pieces will remain). But I am trying to guage interest.

Yes, I was a cast member at the Disney store in it's very early years here in the UK. As for the insider info, I cannot give too much away. But I will say, growing up in California, I knew many of the imagineers and indeed the head of Pixar was my fav skipper. I know a few fairly senior people at the Studio and Glendale, and have enjoyed dinner with Micheal Eisner in the past.  Also had a beer with Roy Disney Jr once.

I know some of the consultants that work with Disney and have managed some too. And I used to be an exec at a multinational with some links. Some of my rantings over the years have not helped me, but I refuse to pander for freebees, but yes, I have hard hat walked attractions and was in a focus group for DLP's concept back in the 80's.

But Disney is not the company I fell in love with any longer. My house is crowded. And rather than collect dust, I am considering releasing some of my collection (1950's DL e tickets, Epcot opening memoriabilia, Tokyo plans, DLP pre opening materials, Pins, toys, WDCC collectables). Like I say, my wife thinks I am going through a phase, and I need to think of the kids, but I wondered the interest.

Warning, my character collection is small. I have little interest in characters other than maybe Villains and Tron. Most of them are resort, special event, hotels, attractions, shows, restaurants etc.
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

Quote from: "treble"has everone done the survey? if enough of us do it they may change their minds [-o<
Not very good news at all reading their announcement..  :(

I've just completed the survey as well..  8-[

I hope they take note, after all not everyone can just nip to the parks every few weeks to buy pins..  :roll:

Masamune

Do you have a PinPics account Dave? Just so we can see what you've got?

I'm a character collector myself, so it's your Villain stuff that I think I'd be most interested it. :( I think it would be a shame for anyone to sell their collection though. Like your wife said, maybe your kids would like your pins instead?

scrumpman

I have taken the survey
I really hope they don t stop the pins  :cry:
3 x VISIT DLRP SANTA FE

I HAVE PINS FOR TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!! PINPICS SCRUMPMAN!!!!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Masamune"Do you have a PinPics account Dave? Just so we can see what you've got?

I'm a character collector myself, so it's your Villain stuff that I think I'd be most interested it. :( I think it would be a shame for anyone to sell their collection though. Like your wife said, maybe your kids would like your pins instead?

I do not have an account I don't think. The problem is photographing and cataloguing them all. WE do have every pin released in DLP in the first 2 years of pin trading if that helps? My wife has advised me to wait until we get back from DLP to make my decision.
since 2001 (many before that)

Stitch2814

if you sell any pins and have on my wants list (stitch2814 on pinpics) then please let me know :) only paris one I think I need is the PTN Stitch pin lol

Disneyqueenuk

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"My wife has advised me to wait until we get back from DLP to make my decision.

Dave your wife talks some very wise words, I am sure the kids will love them when they get a little bit older.

Sounds like you are going through a rough patch with Disney, I am sure it'll pass. Hope to see you soon.
mailto:yvonne@disneyqueen.co.uk\">yvonne@disneyqueen.co.uk

simonandwendy626

Dave

We could not agree with Disneyqueenuk more. If you sell your collection you will surely regret it later. Keep your chin up and have a Disney day

Simon and Wendy

Javey74

More recent purchases..  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Decided to add these to our family collection, might aswell seen as they are cutting down the releases..  :roll:

Pocahontas

Refering to the Dublin Disney Store,apparently its opening tomorrow,the 18th..does anybody know what time??
Im so excited..hopefully the queens visit wont affect the opening of it,as i know alot of buses arent running properly and stuff..hopefully not!!

Javey74

Purchase from last night..  :)

Javey74

A few more Pin purchases, but this time from the Sunderland Disney Store..  :mrgreen:

This Mickey one was on special £7.00 down to £3.49..  :o

MissDisneyisMagical

im so excited for the rescuers pin!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="