TowMater's DLRP Trip Report 19/11/08 - 22/11/08

Started by TowMater, November 23, 2008, 04:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

Day One,
Thursday 20th November,
Disneyland Park:

We arrived at Main Street at 10am and while the charity went to City Hall to get some disabled passes, I went to film the tree and while filming it said that Disney's Character Express was cancelled which was a shame because hearing Tous en Train would have made my day, After one hour of getting the passes we diecided to go to Fantasyland where the Aurora and Prince Phillip happening was finishing and they were signing autographs I filmed some of it and afterwards we went to Dumbo where just as when we was boarding they told us to come back later because it got broken down while loading so we forgotten about that for the rest of the holiday  :(  so me, Katie (Sister) and Paige (Friend) went on Alice's Curious Labyrinth I filmed it all and dispite following two teenage girls for half of it, I diecided to take the lead so after spending 10 minutes in there and finding ToT and The Earful Tower from the castle and my mum and dad & Pat and Matt (Who are also walking round with us but Pat goes on a wheelchair) we got out and went to Belle's Christmas Villiage and my god they are mad about Stitch we saw a Angel plushie (aka 624) afterwards we saw Suzy and Perla as I filmed them having fun but despite being pushed out by French guests I managed to get some shots so afterwards we went to find some more characters at Central Plaza where we saw Gepetto, Scrooge, Peter Pan and Wendy, Hook and Gideon and Smee was just trailing behind as well and trust me Pan and Wendy was wearing very deep make up and Wendy wasen't a kid anymore, I thought she was pregnet.

I mean why would they have people disgused as well known characters when they are pregnet so afterwards we went to Discoveryland and I saw that Buzz had a 5 minute wait so we went in there and my score was 13100 not so bad for a first timer so I got a on ride photo with the cheapest frame which was 15 euros so we went into the shop and I brought myself a Cars Race Rally pin for 5 euros afterwards my mum and Katie wanted to go on Space Mountain Mission 2 I didn't wanted to because I don't do rides that goes upside down so I checked what time is the next LOTLK show in English and it was at 12:15pm and it was only in 20 minutes time!
So I was jumping up and down wishing that my mum and Katie would hurry up and by the time they got out it was already showtime and the next show in English was at 2:15pm so we made sure we better not do too many rides in the next few hours so we went to Pizza Planet for a pizza, Pat and Matt wanted to go back to the hotel so they did while Paige stayed with us after having something to eat we checked again for the next LOTLK show and it was definfly 2:15pm in English so we made our way to BTM and trust me after riding this it made WDW's version look it has been made quickly and this version was very well done so this ride definfly goes into the top 10 rides of DLRP afterwards it was 1:30pm so we just walked round the park until 15 minutes so we went to LOTLK, I wanted to enjoy myself so my mum filmed the show but she doesn't get the camera at the ones who are talking while I do, I do feel sorry for the ones who are in this show for having to perform with people eating and not paying attention and the smell of fast food, I doubt they'll be really hungry afterwards, The show started and it was not bad but FOTLK is still the best LK show in a Disney park.

More to come in the next post!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Aveen2008

Hey,

sounds good so far! Can't wait to hear more! :D  Wendy-pregnant-uh-o! :shock:  he he

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "TowMater"Day One,
Thursday 20th November,
Disneyland Park:

, The show started and it was not bad but FOTLK is still the best LK show in a Disney park.

More to come in the next post!

Funny, I feel 100% the opposite, unless DLP's Lion King has gotten worse and WDW's better since I last saw them. Different strokes.

I am really glad you had a good time though, and I am really looking forward to reading the rest.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report so far, I'm looking forward to the rest. I'm glad you had a great trip :)

Pregnant Wendy? :shock:  :?

:wink:

TowMater

Day One,
Thursday 20th November,
Disneyland Park: (Part 2)

After LOTLK it was 3pm so we went to Adventureland to do a couple of stuff there where we did POTC and this version is not bad but one scene there was people sword fighting and the swords was miles away and I was like (wtf?)  :shock:  afterwards we did the treehouse (Is it Swiss Robinson's or Tarzan's?) I was grabbing hold of the rope on the ropewalk while Katie and Paige was just jumping up and down they got me into the feeling of jumping and while I was doing that this French bloke told me off so I got off the bridge and looked back at him so we have to keep me away from the bridge because my temper was rising so instead we went to Indiana Jones where my mum, Katie and Paige went on it while me and my dad waited outside the Fastpass queue when they got out Katie and Paige wanted to go on Space Mountain Mission 2 so they did and we agreed to meet eachother outside City Hall so me, my mum and dad went down Main Street where OUADP announced that it is starting in 10 minutes and I definfly wanted to watch it while my mum and dad went into the shops and my mum saw this lovely jigsaw puzzle and wanted to get my grandma and granddad it since they're obessed with jigsaws.

Me and my dad went to see the parade since I can see the sun shaped balloon and the moon approaching and the announcer started and When you wish upon a star played, I was really exicted and got out the camcorder quickly and the music was getting louder and my mum got outside the shop and got a spot for the parade and she told me to come to her and it was not the best view of the parade, Some of the scents was strong but I thought the first float was the strongest followed by Adventure & Power, I was filming a woman's head for half of it  :oops:  we got the Villian's show stop and I only got the best shot of the Queen and Chernabog in the background after the show stop there wasen't no streamers  :(  and the Power float left I saw some really wired dancers behind the giraffe I thought it was Ursula's octupus dancers painted pink and forgotten it's position but it wasen't as Circle of Life started playing it was actually pink birds and I was pleased there wasen't no drummers because I thought they ruined the music with the whistles and banging and there wasen't no vultures either so it must be weather conditions.
My mum wasen't pleased with the Princess' floats because she reckons they went past quite fast since they were very well known characters, The Christmas unit arrived and it started snowing down Main Street I always dreamed of when it is snowing down Main Street with the parade down it when the parade finished I looked on the left where it ends and supriced I saw the other floats there since I expected them to get them back to the storage.
We found my dad and went to City Hall where Katie and Paige were and they had streamers!  :o  My sister kindly gave her's to me and told me to keep care of it and me being me just smelt it and told my mum to smell it and she said it had that 'Christmas' smell so we went back to the hotel to get ready for Cafe Mickey & another trip to Disneyland Park to see Fantillusion.

Fantillusion & Cafe Mickey report will be in the next post!

Previous Disney Visits

Javey74

Thoroughly enjoying reading your report TowMater, keep it coming.. :D/  :D/  :D/

The Butlin Boy

Great update Mater, I'm looking forward to the rest :)

ColdSun

nice report, thanks for sharing. I'm lookingforward to the rest :).

TowMater

Day One,
Thursday 20th November,
Fantillusion & Cafe Mickey:

We got back to the hotel, Took Paige back to Pat's room for her to get ready and as always, The ladies gets ready first before me I don't really mind anyway.
After about 15 minutes it was my turn for a shower (At last!  =D> ) Paige knocked on the door to see if we were ready and it was time when I got out of the shower so I did.
9 families is going with us for Fantillusion & Cafe Mickey inculding my family and Pat's.
Everyone was waiting outside our room and at last we was ready and headed for the bus.
At the bus stop I saw a Buddha statue and I always loved having a picture with him and my sister at WDW and there was a really bright light in the ground, The bus arrived and took us to the park.
When we arrived it was 5 to 7! So we made sure we had a spot infront of the railway, Fantillusion arrived and we had the second float show stop with Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale coming out from curtains but I saw something amusing down Main Street - The Villians was having Jafar in his snake form and Maficent in her dragon form and Ursula was just rising.
Overall the parade was good and it was much more better than SpetroMagic, We walked down Main Street and the announcer said that the park was closing so we headed out of the park and entered the villiage.

We booked our dinner at 9pm and there was still some time to look around in the shops so we did.
It was 5 to 9 and we queued up to enter the restaurant while I checked which characters are on, We got given to our table and it was huge but I was too busy watching the TV with some Disney Classics on.
My sister told my dad to say "mon' frere" to the waiter and he said it and my sister since being good at knowing French said that my dad was saying to the waiter "You are my brother!"  :lol:  
Our first character arrived and it was Gideon followed by Eeyore and Tigger.
I didn't wanted any starters in case my main course was big, For my main course I ordered Pluto's Steak and my goodness it was spot on so Cafe Mickey is a must do.
Pluto arrived and I had a picture with him then Mickey arrived and Pat wanted every child who was with us to have a group picture with Mickey and I will post the picture of it later of me and Mickey doing poses with our hands! Mickey was so cool!  :mickey1:

It was 11:30pm when we left and our price total was...

429 euros!  :shock:

So my mum and dad stayed behind to pay while everyone else tried to stampede for the bus since the buses end in 15 minutes, We got on and it was almost time to go and my mum and dad arrived and everyone applauded them.  =D>

Previous Disney Visits

The Butlin Boy

Another great update, I can't wait for the rest :)

Aveen2008

aw sounds brilliant, love your report and can't wait to read more and see yoru photos with Mickey too! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

ColdSun

great update! And I'm really looking forward to the photos now :D ...

Javey74

Thanks for the last update, pleasurable reading..  :D/  :D/

Looking forward to the photies.. :wink:  :D

TowMater

To keep you waiting, Here are selected holiday photos.

//http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=185524&id=599355190&saved#/album.php?aid=185524&id=599355190

If you have facebook you are free to add me.

Previous Disney Visits

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "TowMater"To keep you waiting, Here are selected holiday photos.

//http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=185524&id=599355190&saved#/album.php?aid=185524&id=599355190

If you have facebook you are free to add me.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us :)