Your Disney Blu-Ray Collection

Started by Anthony, November 02, 2008, 01:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Patrick"My collection has had a slight boost;

Sleeping Beauty
Wall.e
Nightmare Before Christmas

Just got a new HD tv and oh my does Sleeping Beauty look amazing, I cannot believe they restored the film so majestically :) .

I can't wait to see what they've done to Pinnochio... Even though I am not a big fan of the movie... will the 20 year difference between it and Sleeping Beauty mean a different result on the Blu Ray.

never2old

Quote from: "Captain Pan"I can't wait to see what they've done to Pinnochio... Even though I am not a big fan of the movie... will the 20 year difference between it and Sleeping Beauty mean a different result on the Blu Ray.

well, I thought the trailer they had for Pinocchio in the Sleeping Beauty blu ray didn't look that great  :? , particularly compared to what they've done with Sleeping Beauty... But I'm guessing that's still a work in progress?

Anthony

There's a topic about the Pinocchio blu-ray here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5819  :)

never2old

Quote from: "never2old"here's mine:

Ratatouille
Pixar shorts
Enchanted
POTC trilogy
Sleeping Beauty

Nightmare Before Christmas should be on it's way.

And Wall-E and Pinocchio are pre-ordered... A few more months to wait for those!!

Updated list:

Ratatouille
Pixar shorts
Enchanted
POTC trilogy
Sleeping Beauty
Wall-E
Cars

PetiteSirene

I have at the moment:

Pixar Shorts,
Ratatouille,
Cars,
Both Narnia Films,
Enchanted
and Sleeping Beauty :)

Going to get Pinocchio in March for my Hubby's Birthday.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

The Butlin Boy

Here's my list, as of today:

-Wall.E

...and that's it. But I did get a good deal on it, considering every where's selling it for around £17-£20, I got it for £9.99, sealed and P&P free on eBay :mrgreen:

Luigi

i have

Sleeping Beauty
Ratatouille
Cars
Wall-E
Haunted Mansion

and ordered Pinocchio :D

peep

Disney/Pixar:
-Cars
-Ratatouille
-Pixar shorts vol. 1
-Wall.e

Walt Disney animation:
-Sleeping Beauty
-Meet the Robinsons
-Pinocchio

Buena Vista/Disney/Touchstone etc:
-Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the black pearl
-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead mans chest
-Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds end
-National Treasure
-National Treasure 2
-Enchanted
-Starship Troopers
-Chronicles of Narnia: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe
-Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Other Disney:
-Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas collectors edition

The booklet that came with Pinocchio says Monsters Inc and Bugs life are coming to blu-ray, yay :D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

DLP-Photos.com

Just brought myself Pinocchio on Blu-Ray, so now I have:

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Pinocchio and the two National Treasure movies...

It will grow soon..  :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

After receiving the beautiful Pinocchio bluray this week, I now have:

Enchanted
Cars
Pinocchio
Pixar shorts
POTC trilogy
Ratatouille
Sleeping Beauty
Wall-E

And great news, they advertise the release of Snow White  :D/  into bluray (no dates mentioned though... does anyone know when it will be out  :?: )

Same for Monters Inc and Bugs Life... I'm already making room for them  :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "never2old"And great news, they advertise the release of Snow White  :D/  into bluray (no dates mentioned though... does anyone know when it will be out  :?: )

Snow White is Expected October... Probably over half term... According to Wikipedia... Its Expected Tuesday October 6th (which would make sense for the US release)

Monsters Inc (I've preordered it) has been moved back from June to August date wise

Bugs Life is probably Autumn Winter time...

never2old

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "never2old"And great news, they advertise the release of Snow White  :D/  into bluray (no dates mentioned though... does anyone know when it will be out  :?: )

Snow White is Expected October... Probably over half term... According to Wikipedia... Its Expected Tuesday October 6th (which would make sense for the US release)

Monsters Inc (I've preordered it) has been moved back from June to August date wise

Bugs Life is probably Autumn Winter time...

Thanks CP!!! Very valuable info!!

I've just pre-ordered Monsters  :D

Captain Pan

My List has taken an Expansion...

Pixar:
Cars
Ratatouille & Pixar Shorts (Double Pack)
WALL-E

Pre Order: Monsters Inc.

Disney:
Sleeping Beauty
Enchanted
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
High School Musical "Remix"
High School Musical 2 "Extended Dance Edition"
High School Musical 3: Senior Year "Extended Edition"

Touchstone:
Wild Hogs

Contemplating Pre Orders Now:
Bolt

Pete's Dragon

Finally have my first Disney Blu Ray. Got Enchanted from HMV website for £9.99 (£27 instore). And while the picture and sound are amazing, I dont think I will be upgrading any of the Disney DVDs I already own.
1) I watched the Wall-E DVD which the BD player upscaled, then I rented out (for Free !!!) the Blu Ray version and to tell you the truth I couldnt tell the difference.
2) It took me long enough to upgrade the 300+ videos I owned to DVD (now have 3 videos) and I'm not gonna spend more money upgrading the 75+ Disney films I have or the other 500 DVDs for that matter

So next on the list for BD will be Bolt

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Finally have my first Disney Blu Ray. Got Enchanted from HMV website for £9.99 (£27 instore). And while the picture and sound are amazing, I dont think I will be upgrading any of the Disney DVDs I already own.
I can agree with that, actually. Put on an animation DVD with PS3 upscaling on and it just looks beautiful. There *is* less detail, but I won't be re-buying any films unless they come with worthwhile new extras. So the current releases of Cars and Ratatouille are definitely crossed off.

It really is worth buying the new Platinums in BD though, they're truly amazing for the "Cine-Explore" (such a bad, clumsy name) visual commentary alone. That is the real highlight of Blu-ray. :)