Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

I know there is little love for the Motor Cars parade here, but I kinda like it! The trouble with DCP is that it was always going to be a very pale imitation of the parade in Disneyland Park.

This, albeit, not a "parade" fits with the theme so much better than DCP. Vintage cars, Hollywood glamour. I like it!

That said, I always remember when the parades in MGM were virtualy annual. They were themed around the latest cinema release. I always remeber the Alddin parade. It was great, low on cost, but high on entertainment. Maybe one day we could get something of that calibre

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"I know there is little love for the Motor Cars parade here, but I kinda like it! The trouble with DCP is that it was always going to be a very pale imitation of the parade in Disneyland Park.

This, albeit, not a "parade" fits with the theme so much better than DCP. Vintage cars, Hollywood glamour. I like it!
I totally agree. Haven't seen it for myself, but I definitely like the idea. I used to always say DCP was the best parade at DLRP artistically, but then as soon as OUADP arrived... uh oh. You notice everything - the unhidden speakers, lack of detail... Since they're never going to be able to beat this for a WDS parade, going for a totally different concept like the classic cars is a great option.  I only hope the more unique cars such as Playhouse Disney and Star Wars are kept. One of the problems of OUADP/DCP is that the characters are all the same.

Quote from: "penfold12"That said, I always remember when the parades in MGM were virtualy annual. They were themed around the latest cinema release. I always remeber the Alddin parade. It was great, low on cost, but high on entertainment. Maybe one day we could get something of that calibre
A very good idea!! A new parade for each new release would be much nicer (and more effective) than another billboard on Studio 1.

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "penfold12"That said, I always remember when the parades in MGM were virtualy annual. They were themed around the latest cinema release. I always remeber the Alddin parade. It was great, low on cost, but high on entertainment. Maybe one day we could get something of that calibre
A very good idea!! A new parade for each new release would be much nicer (and more effective) than another billboard on Studio 1.

Pfff...amen to that brother! That hideous boards must be shot down....
But such themed parades where common in the old dlrp days, weren't they? The aladdin parade, lion king, etc? Same idea i guess?  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Poppy The Monkey

The last ever Disney Cinema Parade will now be performed on 30th March! Catch it while you can.

More news on stars and cars should be coming out soon...

Anthony

Another March, another parade goodbye! :(  It's had a good five and a half years.  Any news on what will happen to the floats?

So will HSM On Tour be taking the place of a parade this year?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The last ever Disney Cinema Parade will now be performed on 30th March! Catch it while you can.

Oh, this means I won't get to say goodbye! :cry:

Thank you for keeping us informed Poppy, I'm looking forward to hearing this news!

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Baloo"Another March, another parade goodbye! :(  It's had a good five and a half years.  Any news on what will happen to the floats?

So will HSM On Tour be taking the place of a parade this year?

No offical news on the floats at the moment! I did hear the camera, can and cinema will be kept along with the truck but nothings confirmed.

A modified Good Morning Walt Disney Studios and HSM will indeed be taking its place - along with a new show on production courtyard stage featuring the puppeteers! (But thats off topic sorry!!  :P )

RnRCj

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The last ever Disney Cinema Parade will now be performed on 30th March! Catch it while you can.

I will definitely miss it. :cry:  Hopefully I'll be able to catch it before it goes - We might be going from 26th-28th March. :lol:

Maarten

I don't really understand why they want to stop the Disney Cinema Parade so suddenly? Why don't they just wait till the Stars & Motorcars arrives in Paris?

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"No offical news on the floats at the moment! I did hear the camera, can and cinema will be kept along with the truck but nothings confirmed.

It would be wise to keep some floats indeed, for special events or small shows or something. But please, get rid of the truck and the cinema! The two most hideous floats in the entire parade in my humble opinion. I would rather see them keeping the Camera (Peter Pan), Costuming (Minnie), Movie Can (Mary Poppins), Director (Donald) and Film Strip (Toy Story) floats haha... almost the entire parade. :wink:

QuoteA modified Good Morning Walt Disney Studios and HSM will indeed be taking its place - along with a new show on production courtyard stage featuring the puppeteers! (But thats off topic sorry!!  :P )

Puppeteers? Can you help me, I don't really get it? :)

Nala_84

So there is no scheduled date when the DS & MC Parade will start? :(

Will it be in 2008 or 2009?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Puppeteers? Can you help me, I don't really get it? :)
Would those be the ones who did Alpha Bet You Are and do the OUADP puppets?

Quote from: "Nala_84"So there is no scheduled date when the DS & MC Parade will start? :(

Will it be in 2008 or 2009?
It sounds like it'll be in 2009, paired up with Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage and maybe some stuff at DLP for a new entertainment push?

Garrett

Quote from: "Maarten"I don't really understand why they want to stop the Disney Cinema Parade so suddenly? Why don't they just wait till the Stars & Motorcars arrives in Paris?

Does this mean the Stars & Motorcars parade will be leaving DHS? Or is it just a clone?

-Garrett

Aaron

Quote from: "Garrett"
Quote from: "Maarten"I don't really understand why they want to stop the Disney Cinema Parade so suddenly? Why don't they just wait till the Stars & Motorcars arrives in Paris?

Does this mean the Stars & Motorcars parade will be leaving DHS? Or is it just a clone?

-Garrett
Yes indeed, Dhs will get Block Party Bash from California Adventure.

Maarten

Quote from: "Aaron"
Quote from: "Garrett"

-Garrett
Yes indeed, Dhs will get Block Party Bash from California Adventure.

Block Party Bash will start in just 2/3 weeks over at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm not really sure which date has been set for its premiere but I assume it was something like the 10th of March. The floats already arrived from Anaheim in January. In the meantime Disney's California Adventure will get the all new Pixar Play Parade, while Walt Disney Studios Paris will receive Disney's Stars & Motorcars Parade from Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando. There hasn't been any official confirmation about this parade coming to Paris, but it's most likely according to sources both in Orlando and Paris. Besides, this parade has been rumoured for years now. Its just a matter of time before Stars & Motorcars will be confirmed. :)

Poppy The Monkey

Yea Baloo your right about the puppeteers. Sorry I should of explained that better.

And the Cinema Parade will enjoy a final encore - with the FINAL performance on MONDAY 31ST MARCH 2008!. (but be there for the 30th just in case it changes again!!)

Also re: Stars and Cars - at the moment DLRP are looking at buying ALL the cars!! Including Power Rangers, Star Wars and Playhouse Disney!! (I really hope that doesn't change too)  [-o<

more news soon I hope....