Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks JelleP - I am really satisfied with them too... The first one was actually in national media :)

I just updated my website with those and some new photos for "people"; photos from my "photo journalism audition" which I unfortunately didn't pass this year - fingers crossed for next year :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Pete's Dragon

Not really artwork as such, but it's my first step into a whole new level of photography. I took the camera completely off automatic - appeture, focus, white balance, shutter speed etc. Then just to make things more interesting I took it as a Raw image. Several hours of head scratching later and this was the result.

any tips - colour, contrast etc - greatly appreciated  8)

burntsienna

Just a quick post with a shot from today.
I'm busy sorting through photographs from the London exhibition I took part in and I'll no doubt post that here.  :mrgreen:

For a view in larger please go here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura_boanas/5905570367/
There's also a link to a song on that page that I'm in love with at the moment.  :-"
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

burntsienna

Here are a few shots from my last shoot with my friend. We had planned to go to the local park which has a boating lake and beautiful bridges to get some quite fairytale like shots but there was no space to park and we didn't fancy having to walk a fair distance - especially with my friend dressed as she was.

Sooo because we didn't want to waste the fact I'd done her make up and 'hair' (wig...very obvious wig) we decided to just use the beach. It was a great day with the mist, I just wish it had picked up more clearly on the photos.

There's a before and after shot because I really love seeing how a photograph has been transformed after editing and then on the bottom two I've added a little bit of fog/mist/smoke.

DLP-Photos.com

Great to have your photograps back here and once again they are great...

Too bad about the park though, I can imagine how good it would have looked at that setting, but the beach is not bad either with the mist. The editing is subtle but effective.
/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

Well, my summer project is (in addition to looking forward to DLP in 2 weeks) to launch NKA-photo.com 2.0.

A little preview:

/Nicolai

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Great to have your photograps back here and once again they are great...

Too bad about the park though, I can imagine how good it would have looked at that setting, but the beach is not bad either with the mist. The editing is subtle but effective.

Thanks! Yeah I really want to revisit a shoot at the park, it'll be harder to arrange now as my friend has moved away. =[ But we'll sort it for at some point. Perhaps christmas if it's snowed.

Quote from: "forza_united"Well, my summer project is (in addition to looking forward to DLP in 2 weeks) to launch NKA-photo.com 2.0.

A little preview:

Ooo I love it and I'm very enviable of your skills to create logos. I am terrible at it.  =D>  :mrgreen:

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "burntsienna"Thanks! Yeah I really want to revisit a shoot at the park, it'll be harder to arrange now as my friend has moved away. =[ But we'll sort it for at some point. Perhaps christmas if it's snowed.

Aww, too bad, but it sounds lovely in a snowy landscape - I can just picture it..

Quote from: "burntsienna"Ooo I love it and I'm very enviable of your skills to create logos. I am terrible at it.  =D>  :mrgreen:

Thanks - it's my first logo ever, it just came to me that I could write my initials in this way and it turned out to look rather good if I must say :P

On another note we have just moved to our new office at work and I have been given the task of taking loads of photos of it and the surroundings. Here is a shot of the "lobby" in the main building (we have moved in the upper two floors).

/Nicolai

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Aww, too bad, but it sounds lovely in a snowy landscape - I can just picture it..

Thanks - it's my first logo ever, it just came to me that I could write my initials in this way and it turned out to look rather good if I must say :P

On another note we have just moved to our new office at work and I have been given the task of taking loads of photos of it and the surroundings. Here is a shot of the "lobby" in the main building (we have moved in the upper two floors).

Yeah I'd love to get a shoot done in the snow, it'll just depend whether my friend can get back ...because of the snow lol

Ooo well! For your first logo it's even more impressive!

And I looooove that photo; the way it plays with perspective and angles!  :mrgreen:

DLP-Photos.com

Yesterday I went to Ree Park, which is a huge Safari Park here in Denmark - it covers 70 ha (one of the enclosures is bigger than the entire Copenhagen Zoo)... It is a great place to take photos, because of large and wide enclosures and the fact you still get close to the animals, while they remain in their natural surroundings with the opportunity to hide away. The park is divided into continents and here are my favorite photos from yesterday:

Africa (incl. Land Rover Safari and Cheetah feeding, where they use a giant wire system to get the Cheetahs running for the rabbits on a wire):

Asia (or Fu Yuan as they call it - opened 1 month ago):

North America:

South America:

Bird Show:

and every photographers favorite; Monkey Island:

See more photos here: //http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150324125921223.392681.720811222&l=09c8ebc67e
/Nicolai

*Pixie*Dust*

I'm going to take a risk of looking like a complete novice here and post a picture.
All of your photos are AMAZING!! It's not fair lol so here's one of my ok-ish shots (proberly one of my best lol)
Love Syanne xx

DLP-Photos.com

@*Pixie*Dust*: Unfortunately it looks like something is wrong with how you've linked to your photo :(

A little photo I quicly did after spending an hour combined on Facebook and Twitter :P

/Nicolai

JelleP

Celebrating autumn!

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

DLP-Photos.com

I spent a lovely early spring day at the zoo today - here's a few of the shots to get this thread started again! :D

/Nicolai

CafeFantasia

Excellent photos Nicolai. I think you qualify for a 500px account. Have you thought about getting one?

http://500px.com/popular