DLRP welcomes 200 millionth guest

Started by Kristof, August 12, 2008, 01:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"Here they are!

I love that the fact that all the people in the background aren't looking at whats going on. All of them are more interested about getting into the park, than seeing Mr and Mrs PerfectDisneyFamily getting their Wonderful present ( now that's sarcasim !! ) :mrgreen:

Owain

I dont care about the upgrades and things.

I WANT THE KEY !  :lol:
What a great piece of DLRP memorabilia that is ! :D

Nicholas-c

i would be really annoyed if i was behind them in the queue for turnstiles >.<
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"I don't think any of us will live to see a lesbian goth couple holding that big gold key.
:lol: You wouldn't even have to be that outlandish to not be considered. If you're not a white (ooh that card), heterosexual (and that one), French (and that one) couple with at least two kids, you're gone. I'm pretty sure a huge percentage of magicforum was just wiped off the list...

The same goes for every time they have these "first families" at attraction openings. It's strange really, pretty much every modern Disney film seems to have so much of an orphan/single parent background that I began to think I was different for having two parents.

tubbsy

I'm amazed they were chosen as the little girl looks older than her brother! Doesnt the perfect family have an older son and a younger daughter?

(Stop being bitter and twisted Sam!) Congrats to them, lucky people! :D

I must admit with Owain, the key would look brilliant in my dining room! :lol:

I would have actually hated to be pulled aside tho'. We're a very sad family and have an agenda we pretty much stick to. I'd be saying to them, excuse me, how am I going to get to the front of BTM now? You're wasting my time! A meal in Walts? Make it Inventions and I may reconsider!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "tubbsy"I'm amazed they were chosen as the little girl looks older than her brother! Doesnt the perfect family have an older son and a younger daughter?

That would be correct. One would go as far as too say that its referred to as a Gentleman's family. Tally-ho, eh chaps !

littlemermaid83

:lol: You guys are cracking me up, but i completely agree with what your all saying.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Poppy The Monkey

Not wanting to be cynical but... It was announced on Special Event planning 3 weeks ahead that Mickey and Minnie would be needed for this Special Event celebrating the 200,000,000 visitor on that day from 10am until 11.00am.

Now I know they are good at predicting guest numbers, but I really can't believe that they would know 3 weeks ahead exactly the date and time the 200 millionth visitor would walk through the gates.

I wonder who the real milestone visitor was, who entered the park without the confetti and VIP treatment they deserved.

I know Disney have their reasons, but I just wish it wasn't such a fake and staged event.

burntsienna

Quote from: "littlemermaid83":lol: You guys are cracking me up, but i completely agree with what your all saying.

Haha i fully agree, that whole conversation just made me laugh quite a bit!  :lol:  :mrgreen:
I think if it had been me, I would have been angry cause my mum and me always go straight over to BTM for a fastpass...so I would have asked for one off them for delaying us getting one! lol
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Kristof

QuoteNot wanting to be cynical but... It was announced on Special Event planning 3 weeks ahead that Mickey and Minnie would be needed for this Special Event celebrating the 200,000,000 visitor on that day from 10am until 11.00am.

Obviously they're not the 200 millionth guests.  It's symbolic!  When Disneyland in California opened, the PR department picked a family in the crowd to be the first guests, despite the large amount of people camping in front of the gate.

Pete's Dragon

Right, I've been thinking. The 2007 the attendance for DLRP was 14.5 million. Let's estimate that this will be the attendance for the next 6-7 years. So, if the 200,000,000 visitor was on the 12 August 2008, the 300,000,000 visitor should be around June 2015.
So that gives everyone nearly 7 years to.....

....work out in the gym
....braces and teeth whitening treatment
....marry "the girl next door"
....have two children, a boy and a girl respectively
....retake A Level French
....move to a nice French village like La Roche sur Yon
....buy latest Disney Character Dress-Ups for the kids
....Learn the whole family to whistle It's a Small World.............

........so that when you're queuing to get into DLRP, the next giant Golden Key could be yours !!!!!!

burntsienna

Would have been nice for it not to be staged...because Disney films like The Hunchback of Notre Dame teach us not to judge people by their appearence, but then this is what the Park has done (the Parks have done)  :(

Hahahaha Pete's Dragon thats so funny! lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I think 7 years gives me enough time!  :lol:  :mrgreen: The next key will be mine :D
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MagicStar

QuoteNot wanting to be cynical but... It was announced on Special Event planning 3 weeks ahead that Mickey and Minnie would be needed for this Special Event celebrating the 200,000,000 visitor on that day from 10am until 11.00am.

PR has its one rules. Its quite normal to use those guests, who perfectly fit into the    target audience of their PR-Strategy.
If it would have been the 200 millionth guest of a disco, they would have choosen a young guy and his girlfriend
If it would have been the 200 millionth guest of a gay-amusement-centre, they would´nt have choosen a hetero-couple.
The intention is, to get "winner", most of the target audience can identify with. And for DLRP - its families.
Thats how media works, how tv works, how radio works and how entertainment works
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Pete's Dragon

Does make you wonder what the actual 200,000,000 guest really looked like............

maybe?

Javey74

Quote from: "Kristof"The Yernaux family from Salon de Provence in France were celebrated today as the 200 millionth guests to pass the turnstile at Disneyland Resort Paris.  They were welcomed at Disneyland Park by Mickey, Minnie and François Banon, Euro Disney SCA Vice President.

The family was offered a special dinner at Walt's, and an upgrade to an Empire State Club suite at Hotel New York.   :)
Can you imagine standing near the turn stile and asking a CM, "what number visitor was that"...."Oh, that was visitor 199,999.999"...Right I'm coming in now.. :lol:  :lol:  :D

Well only 50 million more and we'll be at the quarter of a billion mark.. :shock:  :wink:

Yeah, but it goes to show some people have all the luck don't they... :wink:  :D