Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

o0o0o0 i love the race track in green but WOW i do have to admit it looks nice in orange too a lot less in your face and i do agree that the blocks looks better great photoshopping :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"

Nice work Ant, it looks quite a lot better like that :wink:

The one thing that is still more than anything really bothering me is the Position of Buzz, and more to the point the way he is unnaturally standing there. It's winding me up so much right now :twisted: Even to just place him simply behind the Toy Story logo would improve it significantly. If they did that, along with Ant's changes, moving the 'Playland' closer to the Toy Story logo, and increasing the WDS logo, I wouldn't actually mind it that much :wink:

luke85

Wow Ant! That looks so much better, it really is a matter of simple colour choices. 2 types of green do not look nice together, your orange is much more easy on the eye!

I prefer the building blocks idea too, again the colours on the original lettering were so jarring.

Captain Pan

Ok... I've been away far too long...

We have the posters...

To say I like the all of the posters would be a lie... but the one for the Playland All together is not that bad.

And Ant's version add improvement it.. and is a nicer touch. Especially when you think RC you think Orange Styled Hot Wheel's tracks not green.

Some of the Characters positioning leaves a lot to be desired... and considering how Pixar are helping with the whole even of next year... why haven't they produced the outstanding posters we're so used to seeing for a Pixar Movie?

Oh well... I do like the position of Rex on the bottom though!

ed-uk

Very good Anthony. A wonderful thing this photoshoping. No wonder it's so popular with Disney. I wouldn't be surprised if they did more of it. I think you were right to stick to their original idea.
Ed & David

RnRCj

The main poster is my least favourite. It's way too cluttered and random. They need to get the point across which much less going on. The blank white space at the bottom makes it look worse. It's a horrible contrast to all the clutter above it.

Another problem is the positioning of the word "Playland" which makes it look seperate to the rest. It needs to read: "Toy Story Playland", and not: "Toy Story." .............. "Playland".

And as I've said before, the characters need to look like they belong in the poster, and not look like they're just the stock images quickly pasted on top!!!

In my opinion the idea of the poster from HKDL is much better. It's not really the sort of poster that would suit WDS, but it looks good because it has no randomly placed standard stock images, no garish colour choices, and no odd blank spaces!

And it's still colourful and gets the point across!!!

Gareth

im not a big fan of the hongkong poster i perfer the ones we have got they weill bring in more than the other one will and i was looking at the hongkong one and the rc racer is gunna be killer for queing :S still excited for the land a whole thou :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Willow

Since when have Disneyland Paris made good promotional images? Look at the giant Mickey hand, and other things lately.

Just because the posters aren't very good, in some people's opinions, doesn't mean Toy Story Playland as a whole will also not be very good.

RnRCj

I tried my best to edit Buzz and Woody out of the parachute pic:

Much better without them! I also made the colours a tad more vibrant.

Quote from: "Willow"Just because the posters aren't very good, in some people's opinions, doesn't mean Toy Story Playland as a whole will also not be very good.
Sorry if I've missed something, but I don't think anyone has said that.

I haven't liked the land from the very beginning. It's only a coincidence that the visuals happen to be bad too!

-breeno-

Wow that photoshop is brilliant J =D>   The poster already looks 10 times better.

Quote from: "Willow"Since when have Disneyland Paris made good promotional images? Look at the giant Mickey hand, and other things lately.
This disagrees with you ;)

"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

mehdi5

Quote from: "-breeno-"Wow that photoshop is brilliant J =D>   The poster already looks 10 times better.

Quote from: "Willow"Since when have Disneyland Paris made good promotional images? Look at the giant Mickey hand, and other things lately.
This disagrees with you ;)

Agreed, best DLRP visual ever in my opinion :D

CafeFantasia

Have you seen this new aerial view of the Toy Story Playland construction site? Gives you a better idea of its size. I've circled the rumoured Ratatouille site in yellow:

RnRCj

Interesting how the fences extend around the proposed Ratatouille area too. :wink:

netjack

Am I the only one who does not undestand, how they came to the conclusion that putting an attraaction based on Soldiers (even if they are meant to be Toy Soldiers) into a FAMLILY PARK could be a good idea? Especially having in mind that not every visitor might have seen the Toy Story movies, that the area the Parashute Drop will be in is dedicated for KIDS and that we are in Europe and not in the States, I still think that this is the biggest mistake they have made so far.

luke85

Quote from: "netjack"Am I the only one who does not undestand, how they came to the conclusion that putting an attraaction based on Soldiers (even if they are meant to be Toy Soldiers) into a FAMLILY PARK could be a good idea? Especially having in mind that not every visitor might have seen the Toy Story movies, that the area the Parashute Drop will be in is dedicated for KIDS and that we are in Europe and not in the States, I still think that this is the biggest mistake they have made so far.
Why do you think it's a mistake?