Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Oh I know...the short cuts:

PDAM
PCD
FR (=france where [strike:odi4hynw]Euro Disney[/strike:odi4hynw][strike:odi4hynw]Disneyland Paris[/strike:odi4hynw]Disneyland [strike:odi4hynw]Resort[/strike:odi4hynw]Paris is located)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"There needs to be something on that fence before Halloween/Christmas at least.

I guess it's the resort's poor history with new attractions that means they don't have the "We're Imagineering something new!" kinda signs other resorts have, and instead have to stick a generic "we're refurbishing this area..." on there.

Any speculation on the attraction names?

Army Men Parachute Drop
    Slinky Dog
    RC Racer
    [/list]

"RC Racer" has been mentioned a lot, but I can't imagine what Slinky Dog could be called (he's ZigZag in French), or how Army Men could be made a bit more French-friendly.

The names preferably need to have an almost absurd Franglais mix. We're talking "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith" or (deep breath) "Les Tapis Volants - Flying Carpets Over Agrabah" here. Suggestions?

Slinky Dog ZigZag is the actual workname of that ride.

Malin

What ever names get used I hope its more creative than Toy Story Playland.

I am still a bit shocked nothing has been officially annouced yet by Management. At least start getting the speculation rolling. I also find it strange how John Lassaster is apparently very behind the idea of each park having a preview centre like DCA, but is keeping quiet on this attraction. My personal view is that the park had the perfect oportunity to annouce this new attraction back during the shareholders meeting. The fact nothing was annouced leads me to think the annoucement is being held back on purpose. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if Disney was holding it back to annouce at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. While I think it should be annouced in Europe first, Disney is putting a lot of effort into the Expo and has already stated that Jay Rasulo will be making a key note address, with no doubt news to annouce to the fans and world media. Just my take on it!

lil-shawn

QuoteI am still a bit shocked nothing has been officially annouced yet by Management. At least start getting the speculation rolling. I also find it strange how John Lassaster is apparently very behind the idea of each park having a preview centre like DCA, but is keeping quiet on this attraction. My personal view is that the park had the perfect oportunity to annouce this new attraction back during the shareholders meeting. The fact nothing was annouced leads me to think the annoucement is being held back on purpose. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if Disney was holding it back to annouce at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. While I think it should be annouced in Europe first, Disney is putting a lot of effort into the Expo and has already stated that Jay Rasulo will be making a key note address, with no doubt news to annouce to the fans and world media. Just my take on it!

i have to argee with you, its dissapointing and a shame that they´re not able to
    make toystory playland officially. as i remember john lasseter told on an interview
    at canes that they where planing something to open next year, so why they still ceep
    quiet in paris? thats not smart, also if they plan something big for the 20th they have to
    make it officialy very soon, or will they don´t want the peeps back, who are visiting the park right now? i don´t think it will be annouce on the expo!!

Kristof

Just put this up on WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Toy Story Playland decorated fences soon.
    Posted by Kristof on Friday, June 19 2009

Grandmath reports on Disney Central Plaza that decorations will soon be placed on the blue construction fences currently circling the Toy Story Playland.

He says they will be in the same vain as the decorations during the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toon Studio constructions.

These would be the first real public confirmations of the project.

To be continued...

Source: Disney Central Plaza and http://www.wdsfans.com

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Just put this up on WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Toy Story Playland decorated fences soon.
    Posted by Kristof on Friday, June 19 2009

Grandmath reports on Disney Central Plaza that decorations will soon be placed on the blue construction fences currently circling the Toy Story Playland.

He says they will be in the same vain as the decorations during the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toon Studio constructions.

These would be the first real public confirmations of the project.

To be continued...

Source: Disney Central Plaza and http://www.wdsfans.com

:D/  =D>  :mrgreen:  :D/  =D>  :mrgreen:  :D/  =D>  :mrgreen:

And it's about time too :P I can't wait to see what they've got in store for the fences. Hopefully it'll be some form of land and ride logos, and some concept art if we're lucky :)

Anthony

Good news! But "...in the same vain as the decorations during the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toon Studio constructions" is slightly disappointing to hear, since they were just pretty cheap stick-on cardboard pieces.

Fingers crossed for something more like the MMP central plaza fences, or DCA's paradise pier ones!

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"...and some concept art if we're lucky :)
    If so, can we arrange for pictures to be put in spoiler tags so viewers of this topic will have a choice whether they want to be physically sick or not? :P

phantom247

on friday I smelled fresh Tarmac around Cars Race Rally construction fence area.

andrewuk

Quote from: "phantom247"on friday I smelled fresh Tarmac around Cars Race Rally construction fence area.

More tarmac in WDS!  :D/  =D>
    July 2003 My Travel Explorers
    May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
    July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
    December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
    August 2009 Hotel New York
    May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Kristof

Quote from: "andrewuk"
    Quote from: "phantom247"on friday I smelled fresh Tarmac around Cars Race Rally construction fence area.

More tarmac in WDS!  :D/  =D>

It won't be "WDS tarmac".  It'll get a really nice themed coat to make it look like gravel and will have gigantic footprints of Andy everywhere in it.  :)

andrewuk

Thanks, Kristof.
    Looking on the positive side I am excited about the 12m high bamboos (they will cost a bit; I hope they use a few different species), and if you think about it every area that has ever been added to either park has been very well themed (even the toilets of terror)! It was only the original WDS that was lacking.
    July 2003 My Travel Explorers
    May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
    July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
    December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
    August 2009 Hotel New York
    May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dagobert

Micechat member Keithlee83 has posted some concept art about the HKDL expansion.

http://micechat.com/forums/hong-kong-di ... t-art.html

The concept art can also be found here: http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/

It looks like that HKDL will get Toy Story Playland, too. Maybe TSPL in WDS will look the same. I've to say that I'm not very happy with this addition, but I think children will like it.

Kristof

I can confirm it'll be the same!!!  Although our version will be much greener.  The barrel entrance in the Paris version will be located on the other side, direction Imaginations building... (Towards the future Ratatouille).

And we won't have Woody at the entrance, but Buzz Lightyear.

RC Racer is placed differently in Paris and will have a longer queue.

Kristof

The concept art we're talking about:

Original image posted on Micechat by bennettshiu