TRON: Legacy (2010)

Started by Anthony, July 31, 2008, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

That looks superb in HD. This is definitely going to be one of the biggest films next year. I really really need to see the first one now *please don't hit me*
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"That looks superb in HD. This is definitely going to be one of the biggest films next year. I really really need to see the first one now *please don't hit me*

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

//http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/104949/Tron-20th-Anniversary-Collector-Edition/Product.html   :D/

Anthony

Quote from: "Agent Lex"3) Hi-res version of the new trailer at http://www.flynnlives.com/derez/
Whoaaa! Seeing that in HD wrapped up in the "Walt Disney Pictures" logo is fantastic. I'm still not completely sold on the name (it fits the story, just not sure it will bring new audiences in), but the new logo is beautiful. And the Lightcycle! Everything really glistens, it feels real. Mix it with the wonderful 80s-ness of Flynn's Arcade... awesome. It's looking like a fantastic update on the original.

And yes, I'm a little jealous, didn't know you were actually going to Comic Con.

The Butlin Boy

I've just watched the trailer too, and I'm very impressed by the look of this film; it's so in depth, and I imagine it'll be incredible to watch it in 3D 8)

It's also worth mentioning that this trailer is actually the footage that Disney created and used to get the project green-lit. An interesting choice for a teaser trailer isn't it :wink:

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon":shock:  :shock:  :shock:

//http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/104949/Tron-20th-Anniversary-Collector-Edition/Product.html   :D/

Guess what I've just bought off of Amazon! :P

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It's also worth mentioning that trailer is actually what Disney used to get the project green-lit. An interesting choice for a teaser trailer isn't it :wink:

Not really, it covers all the basic element that need to be covered
The deisgn of the world, the lightcycles, the Disc, and the de-aging of Mr. Bridges. Plus the most vivid memories I have from watching the original as a kid (in the cinema, oh Yeah !!!!) was the lightcycle battle/escape, so it stands to reason that a similar scene would need to be recreated to show the Bigwigs were and how their money was gonna be spent.
And I might not be correct, but I think that a similar scene was done for the first film in order to show the bosses what they were investing in: The bit at the start where Clu is driving one of the tank programs.

mehdi5

The trailer looks amazing, and i might say, the CGI looks amazing, it just all looks so real, i mean like, you know it isn't real, but it looks so real. Definitly seeing this in Imax 3D next year!

peep

MICHAEL SHEEN has been confirmed to be in Tron Legacy!!!!

No details as to his role but omg, this just makes Tron Legacy even more exciting :D

Source: Total Film.com
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"MICHAEL SHEEN has been confirmed to be in Tron Legacy!!!!

No details as to his role but omg, this just makes Tron Legacy even more exciting :D

I'm guessing he's a bad guy. He's a bit too old to be a sidekick to Sam Flynn, so that doesn't really leave too many possibilities. Something similar to David Warner's character in the original, except more charming and less blatently ruthless.

P.S. Still no word from flynnlives.com about an arcade token. Worst case scenario - one will come with the Blu Ray release (but I cant wait that long !!!!!!)

mehdi5

Quote from: "peep"MICHAEL SHEEN has been confirmed to be in Tron Legacy!!!!

Actually he's already been confirmed as the villian, though not really a person they say, so might be maybe the system fighting maybe or something, can't wait for the movie, the sound of it is already awesome, let alone the movie itself :D
QuoteWalt Disney Pictures confirmed the rumors today on Twitter that Michael Sheen will have a role in director Joseph Kosinski's Tron Legacy, targeted for a November or December, 2010 release. Sheen will reportedly play the villain, who, he himself tweeted, is "in fact not a person at all."

In the 3D adventure, Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

You can view the VFX Concept Test that was shown at the San Diego Comic-Con here and the official site is also online here.
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57590

Pete's Dragon

This movie poster for TRON Legacy is not an official release from Walt Disney Pictures. The poster was designed by artist James White, who has worked for such clients as Toyota, Armada Skis, VH1 Latin America and MTV. Still, I think its pretty cool, not too sure about the tagline ("It's no longer a game" sounds more menacing, but the graphics work.

If you wanna check out any more of his work, head on over to :

http://blog.signalnoise.com/

Pete's Dragon

It seems Tron Legacy is spreading. Here's another fanboy pic created for use as your desktop.

To see the full size pic, head over to http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/17/coo ... wallpaper/

Soap

Cool stuff! Wait and see if this is going to life up to it's expectations ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Whoa! :o  8)

QuoteSynopsis: TRON: LEGACY is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that's unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the digital world of Tron where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant Quorra (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2009/12/09/a- ... on-legacy/

Pete's Dragon

Nice timing with the pics. I'd started to forget that Tron Legacy was coming out. ComicCon seems so long ago. And then BAM !!! I'm all excited again.
 :D/  :D/

mehdi5

New banner released.

They should get a manufacturer to put these things in mass production, i'd buy one in an instant, seriously :shock: