TRON: Legacy (2010)

Started by Anthony, July 31, 2008, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Today I'm going to watch Tron: Legacy. The movie received bad critics over here, but what do people expect from such movies. After Avatar it can't get worse. I can't wait to see it.

dagobert

Yesterday we finally saw "Tron: Legacy" and it was great. I really liked it and hopefully Disney will do another one. The 3D effects were great, in my opinion even better than in Avatar, but the story wasn't good. Sometimes I wonder if there was even a story, nevertheless I loved it. And thanks to Daft Punk, the soundtrack is amazing. Usually I don't like that kind of music so much, but here it fits very well.

Can someone tell me why Kevin Flynn had these super powers to defeat CLU at the end?

davewasbaloo

Glad you liked it. As for how he defeated CLU? Well he created the system and CLU, and in some ways, he is like a god -after all, how did he create his home, or the roast pig on the table when he has dinner with Sam and Quorra? And if quorra is a program, why is she eating? Or as an Iso, does that make her more human than program? And how is it a program can live outside of the grid? If she gets hurt will she bleed or derez? And can they fix her, or is she human now?

I like to just sit back and enjoy, it was a great story. And the best stroies in my opinion are the ones that have fun with ideas and are not that real.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Good to know that there are more people who wonder about certain things. I thought maybe I should have seen the first Tron before Tron Legacy.
Maybe I'm going to watch it again.

penfold12

Electronica has been extended at Disneyland and now runs throughout the summer. Let's hope this is a sign of Disneys feelings toward the film and sequel possibility.

davewasbaloo

the event is popular at DCA. Sadly, they have yet to make the cost of the movie and marketting, it is still at a loss. I am not holding my breathe sadly. A third movie is less likely to generate more crowds at the box office. Tangled has made nearly double of Tron and Alice in Wonderland has made nearly 4 times as much (they were planning on TRON to outperform Alice).

As much as I love this movie, and would love to see some park action based on it, I don't think it is going to happen sadly.

penfold12

Yes, the US box office has peaked, and will not increase much now, the world wide box office is still rising by the millions this weekend, with an additional 10 million to take it to 212 overseas, 381 world wide. Its scary when you think that a film that cost 170 million, still struggles to break even on 381 world wide box office.

If im right, a real broad approach calculation is that a film as an average uses half its production cost again in marketing, and that exhibitors then take 50% of box office, with it on a sliding scale the longer it is shown, meaning the studio has to cover marketing, production and exhibitors cost before they begin to see a profit.It makes you realise why merchandising is so important these days.

Also makes you wonder how a film such as Tangled, with a reported budget of 240 million can be deemed a success to the degree it is

Soap

Well the music (!!!), colours and style of TRON where spot on and fantastic!  :thumbs:
The 3d effects i didn't think where the best around and didn't add much tot the movie.
Also the dialogs were a little bit simple imho.

I personally would love to see a another TRON related movie, but with better 3d effects please and
a better storyline and dialog pls!
And well.....Olivia Wilde in it again plsssss :oops:  [-o<
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

I thought you guys might get a kick seeing an addition to the Main Street Electrical Parade at DIsneyland in the early 80's I used to love them (please not the TRON characters dancing were not just to accompany the Pointer Sisters, they were in the parade for a time)

[youtube:3pxz0mxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_P7F4bHDk0[/youtube:3pxz0mxg]

penfold12

Haha, makes me think of the Star Wars Christmas Special.....

davewasbaloo

The one with Jon Bon Jovi? I used to have that on tape.

penfold12

Yes, its on youtube somewhere.... with dancing and singing C3PO and R2D2, so camp its unreal haha

Pete's Dragon

Here's a quick snippet. If you can make it past 2mins, the Force is indeed strong with you.......the Dark Side of the Froce that is

[youtube:3laxd4rv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo[/youtube:3laxd4rv]

penfold12

Wow its that bad its good!! haha. But you did cheat.... no wonderful singing and dancing in that clip haha

penfold12

On 5th April a remix of the Tron Legacy soundtrack is being released called Tron: R3CONF1GUR3D.......

Tracklist and remix:
01 The Glitch Mob: "Derezzed"
02 M83 vs. Big Black Delta: "Fall"
03 The Crystal Method: "The Grid/Game Has Changed"
04 Teddybears: "Adagio for Tron"
05 Ki:Theory: "The Son of Flynn"
06 Paul Oakenfold: "C.L.U."
07 Moby: "The Son of Flynn"
08 Boys Noize: "End of Line (Boys Noize Remix)"
09 Kaskade: "Rinzler"
10 Com Truise: "Enron Part II"
11 Photek: "End of Line"