Drinks...

Started by Nicholas-c, July 29, 2008, 02:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Leogland-its done at concession stand and restaurants, but this can be quite time consuming to do, if you've got quite a few people topping up....
What to do? What to do?

Fanta frozen! Mmmmmmm!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Nicholas-c

i meant the barcode to unlock the "pump" from the start :p it would cut queue for drinks in the restaurants alot
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

tubbsy

#-o ! I need to learn to read better.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Captain Pan

Another problem then... You pay your money Nic get a refilable bottle and its barcode... But you enter the restaurant... Do you allow guests to drink from their bottle?

If you allow it... The restaurant loses the easy money it makes with drinks with food, therefore a loss of profits, a minor loss I would think

If you don't allow it... Guests will ultimately complain that they've paid for the service and are being prohibited from using it.

I'm not picking holes I'm just trying to ensure that there is a solid idea and plans for contingency should this appear on the doorstep of WDI and they start demolishing it!

tubbsy

Sorry to drag up legoland again, but you can use the cups in their restaurants there.
Having said that, it doesnt have the fine dining that you can get at DLRP. Closest Legoland gets to DLRP is probably Casesys Corner

Captain Pan has a valid point.  Looking at the cup I got, I dont think it has a place in Walts. :-k
Could there be a disclaimer at the front of restaurants and on the menus saying that the Management ask that patrons do not use the refillable cups? Or is that just a bit too snobby? Its almost like "Yes, we got you to buy that cup, but we want you to pay more to drink here!"

But then again, would you take a hotdog bought at a concession stand and it in one of the restaurants?

What to do? What to do?:-k  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Owain

When buying a cup it comes with a special park map labeling out refil stations ? :D

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Another problem then... You pay your money Nic get a refilable bottle and its barcode... But you enter the restaurant... Do you allow guests to drink from their bottle?

If you allow it... The restaurant loses the easy money it makes with drinks with food, therefore a loss of profits, a minor loss I would think

If you don't allow it... Guests will ultimately complain that they've paid for the service and are being prohibited from using it.

I'm not picking holes I'm just trying to ensure that there is a solid idea and plans for contingency should this appear on the doorstep of WDI and they start demolishing it!

Well, you would be able to refill in the restaurants, lets say you buy 5 drinks in one day from the same restaurant or even throughout the park at 2euros 60cents that is a total of 13euros. when my suggested price is about 10-15euros (after recycle rebate) remember, not everyone will buy a drink with a meal, as alot of people (Including myself) Take water into the park from the hotel

However the cup doesn't need to look cheap right ;)

Quote from: "Owain"When buying a cup it comes with a special park map labelling out refill stations ? :D

Yes :D Why not :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

TowMater

Quote from: "Owain"I remember when i went to WDW and stayed at Disneys All Star Movies Resort they had drink machines where you could buy a Special DASM Cup and refil for the time you were staying in the hotel. And it was cheap too, so every morning or night when we past through the food court to get to the busses wed quickly refil for free  :D

Part of the food court in DASM, you can see the machine in the background where it is placed around a big circular thing with lots more dirnk machines and beverages.

I went in the All Star Movies Resort as well in the summer holidays, Too bad the restaurant & transport is busy.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

casschr05

i stil think that this is a great idea.

I can see it now special refill stations!

but would everyone use the 'service' like the popcorn and the souvenoir popcorn cup thing you get if you go expense! so would people opt for the regular bottles or the refill cups

but then you also have to look at cost and compare them to normal bottles really

hmm

CGM12345

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon in Florida got something like this