Drinks...

Started by Nicholas-c, July 29, 2008, 02:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas-c

Well, i was on the chat the other day and food at disney came up, so it got me thinking... What is the one thing that you spend the most money on at disney... what is the one thing that would be useful...

Drinks... Going with 5/6 other people drinks can get very expensive at 2.60euros a piece, so i thought how a refillable cup would come in handy, like they have at alton towers but... better.

You go into a restaurant like "Au Chalet de la Marionette" for example and buy a cup (Made out of plastic so it doesn't get destroyed easy) with a barcode on for 15-20 euros.

so.. wheres the drink? Well.. Thats where the "Refillable cup" idea comes in, this plastic cup you just bought has a barcode on, so you go over to a machine which could be located in various places in the park, queues, restaurants, anywhere. and you see one of these...

See where I'm going ? You scan the barcode... put the drink underneath the dispenser, select the magical drink and... ta-da! you have a drink, when its all gone, you go back again for a refill! The barcode will be there to stop you using it the next day and if you took your cup back to recycle you get 5euros back!

I think this is a good idea, which wouldn't cost dlrp too much money.

Let me know what you think.
Nicholas-c
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

tubbsy

I think thats actually a really good idea. I'd like to see something like that up and running and its something I'd consider doing. We tend to lug around large bottles of water and squash around the park.-We try and fill up at convenient drinking taps, so i'd like to see a water option slotted on the end of the machines.

Would the bar code only let you fill up so many times in one day or would it do a whole day? N how recyclable would these cups be? Are we talking sending em away to be crushed n remoulded or just sent through a giant dishwasher for a good wash? God I'm getting a bit techincal here! :roll: Stop me someone!

Something that I have seen in Legoland recently is lanyards with a loop to put a water bottle in. They also do larger bottles dvided into 2. I can think of a few Mums out there that wouldnt mind topping them up-I s'pose they are out in other parks, (Other Merlin Parks users?) I just hadnt noticed them before. It'd be great to have something like that to top up.

I'd trade the cups in at the end of the day too and on the last day save them as a keepsake.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

paul

Chessington have refillable bottles on lanyards... you can take them to any drinks kiosk for refills of sprite/coke etc

MinniesBestPal

Good idea! I like the 5 euro back thing as well! I was thinking "15 EUROS?!" at first, but it sounds like quite a good deal!

casschr05

definently a good market for them at DLRP!
and €15 euros isnt bad for 1 days unlimited drinks at dlrp when you spend €2.60 a drink (not sure if that is the correct price :lol: )
if each drink does cost 2€60 then 6 drinks cost 15€60 so you need to have 6 drinks (same size as the 2.60 drinks) for it to be worth it

...i think (im tired so correct me if i am wrong :lol:)

tubbsy

Quote from: "paul"Chessington have refillable bottles on lanyards... you can take them to any drinks kiosk for refills of sprite/coke etc

I thought it wouldnt be in just one Merlin owned park.
I do think it would be a great idea for Disney tho'.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

MinniesBestPal

In florida I had this bottle thing on a lanyard. It was a bottle filled with water, and it had a spray nozzel at the end, but on the spray nozzel it also had a fan, so you could spray yourself and fan yourself at the same time. Worked well for keeping you cool!

Owain

I remember when i went to WDW and stayed at Disneys All Star Movies Resort they had drink machines where you could buy a Special DASM Cup and refil for the time you were staying in the hotel. And it was cheap too, so every morning or night when we past through the food court to get to the busses wed quickly refil for free  :D

Part of the food court in DASM, you can see the machine in the background where it is placed around a big circular thing with lots more dirnk machines and beverages.

tubbsy

Did it at Legoland yesterday. Initial purchase of the bottle was £4:50. Instead of a barcode we kept hold of the recepit and showed it and filled it up all day long. Brilliant idea. I think i would prefer the bar code idea, sa receipts can get torn or damaged.

BTW-If you want to use the bottle for a second visit, then you have to pay £2:00 for every refill. that could actually work out quite expensive as we refilled 4 times. I'd be more than happy to pay £4:50 to buy a new bottle.

Plus the bottles are actually pretty nice :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

madame_leota

i think thats an absolutly fabulous idea!! i would defently buy one each day. i spend so much on drinks for me and my son as i get so so thirsty and defently in hot weather. We take a bottle of squash with us and make up drinks in the morning when we leave but in doing that we have a lot of extra weight to carry and its gone in no time at all so i still spend out on drinks. =D> really is such a brill idea

tubbsy

So all we need now is to help Nicholas put his plan togther to present to Disney and - of course- write a contract making sure he cuts us in on the profits! :wink:  
Not money of course, just the unlimited passes to DLRP!:lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

madame_leota

Quote from: "tubbsy"So all we need now is to help Nicholas put his plan togther to present to Disney and - of course- write a contract making sure he cuts us in on the profits! :wink:  
Not money of course, just the unlimited passes to DLRP!:lol:

lol, yes please!! :D

maybe if the barcode system would cost to much they could just have a laminated pass that you carry like the breakfast cards with the day on and a space for the CM who sells you the cup somewhere to write the date which could be removed when the card is handed back in with the cup so nobody could keep and re-use them?

Nicholas-c

Thanks guys :) I think the "Refill it your self" outside every ride or restaurant could give people the "I chose this drink myself" feel :P

P.S. everyone who helps with idea gets unlimited fastpasses! :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

tubbsy

Yay Nicholas! :D/  :lol:

My very sad piccy of the cup we got at legoland-giving you the chance to have 2 different drinks.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Thanks guys :) I think the "Refill it your self" outside every ride or restaurant could give people the "I chose this drink myself" feel :P

Now In my opinion here we have a small problem... stations outside every ride or restaurants, would they be manned? If not there is a need to ensure that the barcode system unlocks the pump because otherwise we might get the use and abuse the pump itself, and therefore possibilities to create a giant loss for the park/resort altogether. And with the position outside every restaurant or ride there would be an over population of these stands... could they be located outside the various concession stands in the lands instead... or outside certain rides ones that maybe don't get as many guests as  others

Quote from: "tubbsy"My very sad piccy of the cup we got at legoland-giving you the chance to have 2 different drinks.

Now Looking at that picture tubbsy why do I want  Fanta Frozen?