WDW | New Fantasyland expansion

Started by Remco K., July 21, 2008, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"bits of Tomorrowland
ugh! tomorrowland at wdw, especialy around space mountain and the indy speedway also drasticaly needs to be re-designed, its just concrete with a few seats! realy not disney or futuristic at all.
I think once the skyway was removed and instead of its stantions, these huge walkways appeared, the futuristic and fantasy themes began to get lost
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

davewasbaloo

My love of the Carousel of Progress, TTA Peoplemover, the rockets in the preferred setting, and Cosmic Rays gives me a soft spot for some of WDW's tomorrowland.
since 2001 (many before that)

charlied

Well at least Fantasyland is finally getting the attention it so desperately needs!! But why is everything there Princesses and Fairies! It's almost as though Magic Kingdom lands are being split into sexes; Fantasyland for girls and Adventureland for boys (Pirates and Jungle Cruise). I can understand the two Dumbos decision, those queue's certainly need reducing. Have I looked wrong or do these plans mean the end of Toontown at WDW?

Willow

So we have.....

QuoteWalt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo detailed plans for future lands, attractions and adventures that will be delighting Disney guests for years to come, at the first D23 Expo. Most notable among the announcements were the confirmation of an all-new Star Tours attraction and the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

"Storytelling is the DNA of Disney dreams and we're always exploring new ways to tell new stories in new places," Rasulo told a crowd at the Anaheim Convention Center in California before taking them on a "behind-the-magic" tour of their favorite Disney destinations.

Rasulo announced that a new 3-D version of the tremendously-popular "Star Tours" attraction will debut at the Disneyland Resort and Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2011. Based on the iconic Lucasfilm "Star Wars" films, the attraction will include immersive new elements that will take guests to many familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.

For Walt Disney World in Florida, Rasulo outlined plans for the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom, vastly increasing the size of Fantasyland by 2013. Guests will soon be able to:

* Visit their favorite Disney Princess in her castle, cottage, or chateau to share a dance with Cinderella; celebrate Sleeping Beauty's birthday with the Good Fairies; or join Belle in an enchanting story performance in the Beast's castle library.
    * Be Our Guest and dine in one of three enchanted rooms inside the Beast's castle.
    * Fly with Dumbo high above brand new circus grounds, twice the size of the existing attraction with a new interactive, three-ring circus tent.
    * Journey under the sea with Ariel, The Little Mermaid, in her very own attraction - also opening at Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim in 2011.
    * Meet Tinker Bell and her friends in the magical world of Pixie Hollow.

Ariel's Adventure Concept Art
Fantasyland Concept Art
Dueling Dumbos Concept Art

The Butlin Boy

It's been confirmed at D23! By 2013 WDW's Fantasyland will be nearly double its size! :shock:  :o

Concept Art is out too! :mrgreen:

Overview:

ABOVE FANTASYLAND -- A bird's-eye view of the vastly-expanded Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World which will offer Guests a new land of enchantment in a magical fairy tale forest just beyond the castle walls. The expanded Fantasyland was announced at the D23 Expo on Saturday by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo.

The Little Mermaid:

Fans of Disney's animated classic, The Little Mermaid, will journey under the sea to meet Ariel and her friends on an exciting new musical adventure. This new attraction will take guests through beautifully rendered scenes featuring classic songs from the popular animated feature. The attraction will be part of the expanded Fantasyland that was announced at the D23 Expo on Saturday by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo.

Dumbo:

One of the Magic Kingdom's most beloved attractions, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, is completely re-imagined when the circus comes to town. Guests are invited to step into the big top and join the circus before their magical flight over Fantasyland. The attraction will be part of the expanded Fantasyland that was announced at the D23 Expo on Saturday by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo.

WOW! =D>

EDIT: I was beaten to it :roll:  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Willow

Does anyone want even more concept art?  :wink:

Link (I would post them all but there's loads.

Ooh... and a video?

[youtube:326rq5st]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0[/youtube:326rq5st]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"Does anyone want even more concept art?  :wink:

Link (I would post them all but there's loads.

Ooh... and a video?

[youtube:3fo7lt9m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0[/youtube:3fo7lt9m]

Well you've out done me there! :lol:

This project looks so impressive, it's going to be very interesting to watch chand from sketch to reality :)

DLP-Photos.com

Wow this looks very, very impressive and magical - I love the immersive themening, although there might be a bit too much focus on the princesses ;)

I also would have loved to be at the D23 Expo - I almost got chills from watching the video :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

peep

One word...WOW.

The new Fantasyland looks excellent, I'm loving the look of the Be Our Guest restaurant. I noticed a Lumiere on a service trolley. Does this mean we will see something along the lines of WDS's Remy? That would be so awesome.

Pixie Hollow looks magical too, will be amazing for kids.

The new Dumbo I like the look of too, like the idea of a circus tent where there will be no 'queue' as you will be playing interactive games while you wait for the ride. How cool is that?

This new Fantasyland will definitely be a magical place for all ages.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

The overview concept art is beautiful!

I love the mention that the Be Our Guest restaurant will be counter service during the day and transform into a table service in the evenings. Very very smart.

But most of all...

So that's how they'll do The Little Mermaid! We knew it couldn't be the DCA design, that the old Paris Bella Notte design was probably long forgotten. I was almost expecting the DisneySea design, but this is so much better. I can see that fitting wonderfully at the back of a certain other Fantasyland...

It's a shame for Disney actually that all this stuff was leaked before. Can you imagine if this presentation was the first heard about it? People would have been fainting in the ailes...

Anyway, gushing aside, the Princesses things do look lovely on the inside and out, but their status as "attractions" is very flimsy and probably a little too child-orientated. Jay Rasulo tells us that, at Aurora's cottage, we'll make... BIRTHDAY CARDS! What? Is this a summer school or a Disney park?! He sells it like its an amazing feature, whilst mostly glossing over the huge TLM dark ride. Let's hope the other things like Cinderella's transformation show are more all-rounders.

EDDY

This is absolutely amazing! I even can't imagine how beautiful this will look in real!!!
I think it's a master piece done by imagineers :D

But, I also noticed something very familiar on the concept art:

Aren't these our Tea Cups? :P
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

CafeFantasia

Good point. The current design of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Magic Kingdom is really dated and ugly compared to "our" beautiful, luxury version :-)

Btw, I took the original leaked plans for the Fantasyland expansion, and overlaid them on the Magic Kingdom 3D model in Google Earth. It's quite interesting seeing the area the expansion takes up, from different angles:

luke85

Good work Alan!

EDDY

QuoteGood point. The current design of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Magic Kingdom is really dated and ugly compared to "our" beautiful, luxury version :-)

Totally agree with you - it's dated and doesn't fit into a re-designed Fantasyland like that.

Is there anything official about that change? Or is it just a future plan to change it maybe in some years - because it isn't mentioned anywhere...

@Alan - fantastic job! - It's going to be huge... :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)