Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"I constantley see the advert here in the U.K and it makes me want to just board a plane and leave for DLRP for a week! :lol:
Also what is the song in the advert? I love it!

Sounds like a specially created piece. It doesn't sound like anything familiar.

seanmartina

have they also stopped the vehicles running up and down main street..???????? why?

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It does indeed look better with the reduced lamposts (and would look even better without lamp posts all together).

As for the hub show, I had low expectations and actually thought it was much much better than I feared. Personally I would still have more streetmousphere and the vehicles running than the hub show, but it is cute and not too, too bad.

Anthony

So earlier this week I saw the first TV advert with the classic "Disneyland Paris" logo for the first time since 2001 or whenever.

But now, there's yet another version of the MMP advert here, which plasters the horizontal "Mickey's Magical Party" text onto every scene of the ad, above or below the attraction/show name. And then at the end, the Disneyland Paris logo has been shrunk to that weird horizontal version I posted in the changeover topic with a much, much bigger MMP logo above it.

So it looks like they discovered no-one knows (or cares?) that this theme year is happening. Yes, no one has been rushing home and telling all their friends "OMG, you have to see what they've done with the castle this year, Mickey's Magical Party is fantastic..." What a shocker. I think I preferred it anyway, messier but more effective.

Shame Mickey wasn't drafted in to voice the narration though. Considering it's his party, we haven't really heard much from him this year.

Quote from: "seanmartina"have they also stopped the vehicles running up and down main street..????????
No.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "seanmartina"have they also stopped the vehicles running up and down main street..???????? why?

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It does indeed look better with the reduced lamposts (and would look even better without lamp posts all together).

As for the hub show, I had low expectations and actually thought it was much much better than I feared. Personally I would still have more streetmousphere and the vehicles running than the hub show, but it is cute and not too, too bad.

So the silly toon train meet and greets can happen. But during EMH, I was a happy boy as we rode the Omnibus and the Horse Drawn Streetcars. due to the 15th and the Minnie Train, it has been a LONG time.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

During the 2 years of the 15th celebrations and during MMP (like when toon Circus was on), the vehicles only seem to run for a very short period 1st thing.

Also, watch out for the staggered openings of attractions (Labrynth open 11-3, Snow White - 11, half of discoveryland closing 1-2 hours before the rest of the park).
since 2001 (many before that)

Elaine

Casey Jnr and the Storyboats were also only open part of the day, when they were open at all, 2 weeks ago.

EMH does seem to be the time to ride the Main St vehicles, although they were still about after 10am on our last visit. Definitely not in the afternoons though, thats Minnies Party train territory this year.

jennytablina

Quote from: "Anthony"So earlier this week I saw the first TV advert with the classic "Disneyland Paris" logo for the first time since 2001 or whenever.

But now, there's yet another version of the MMP advert here, which plasters the horizontal "Mickey's Magical Party" text onto every scene of the ad, above or below the attraction/show name. And then at the end, the Disneyland Paris logo has been shrunk to that weird horizontal version I posted in the changeover topic with a much, much bigger MMP logo above it.

So it looks like they discovered no-one knows (or cares?) that this theme year is happening. Yes, no one has been rushing home and telling all their friends "OMG, you have to see what they've done with the castle this year, Mickey's Magical Party is fantastic..." What a shocker. I think I preferred it anyway, messier but more effective.

Shame Mickey wasn't drafted in to voice the narration though. Considering it's his party, we haven't really heard much from him this year.

Theres lots of variation on the MMP ads right now: Jetix (another disney owned channel) has been running ads different to the usual ones.

Also theres a reason why Mickeys usual voice hasnt been drafted: Wayne Allwine died last Monday. I Imagine this might explain why Mickey has suddenly taken to french so well?
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

Anthony

Mouetto takes us through the moving walkway at Montparnasse metro, which has been completely taken over by Disneyland again:

[dailymotion:2csfgmqs]x9hkeg[/dailymotion:2csfgmqs]

Patrick

That is rather incredible, a great job by the marketing team, though I do see why I hate that walkway, it's so long.

Willow

It must have taken forever to create.
Its just a mixture of the generic press shots but I wouldn't like to be to person to do that in photoshop.

I like it.  :)

Anthony

If you like the "Mickey's Magical Party Time!" theme song, you might be interested in this brand new interview with its composer, Scott Erickson.

Amongst other things, we learn that the song started life as a Halloween theme, but wasn't taken up because the various departments didn't have enough budget for a major update of the season last year...

Anthony

Some clever Ascot-themed promotion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fash ... nness.html

Willow

I looked at that picture and thought: Why on earth has Anthony posted a picture of a random woman in a hat that doesn't look anything Disney related.

I would never have guessed they where meant to be Mickey ears until I clicked the link!

We suggest watching this space for news of further exciting collaborations... - There must be more to come.

Anthony

Bumping up this very quiet topic with a brand new MMP-based interview by Jérémie Noyer. This time, he meets musical director Vasile Sirli to talk about the soundtracks of It's Party Time, It's Dance Time and Disney's Stars 'n' Cars, plus the resort's CD production (including... a brand new CD album) and a great tribute to Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey...

I loved the music of It's Party Time already, but hearing all the thought and various instruments which went into it is fascinating. I really hope this new CD contains as near a full soundtrack as possible...

peep

Quote from: "Anthony"Mouetto takes us through the moving walkway at Montparnasse metro, which has been completely taken over by Disneyland again:

[dailymotion:2wmwy323]x9hkeg[/dailymotion:2wmwy323]

Sorry to bring this up again, only just looked in this topic (dunno why). That is one amazing piece of advertisement. If only it really played that music as you were moving along :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320