New Movie Posters on the Lighting Rigs

Started by Anthony, September 25, 2005, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Yes the lights are switched on and the speakers are mostly housed on these rigs.

I think they are alright myself, they make the place feel more like a studio and give it some extra depth - imagine how open it would feel without them.

Kristof

We already reported in the Toon Studio topic about the return of the posters in the TS area, but now they're popping up again all over the park!

Quote from: "WDSfans"We've got word from a friend that more posters have returned on the lighting rigs through out the park. The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe posters have appeared near Rendez-Vous des Stars along with Armageddon posters near the same-named attraction.

Moderator Flor captured a photo of a Mary Poppins poster near Disney Studio 1 and in the distance Disney Channel posters can be seen near the Television Tour building.

Many thanks to CHT and magicforum moderator Flor.

Source

CafeFantasia

The posters look nice, but those parade towers are still extremely ugly. What good is it spending hundreds of millions of Euros on the Tower of Terror and Hollywood street sets, if you have this cheap, temporary-looking scaffolding permanently infront of it?

In my opinion, these parade towers either need to be mechanised so that they are normally hidden in the ground, and come up only at parade times. Or, they should be completely removed and replaced with Lot-specific themed lighting.

At Disneyland in California, the Fantasmic lighting columns are hidden in the ground, and rise up mechnically. Check out this video on YouTube to see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rli62EdJ ... ed&search=

15MagicalYears

No,
I have got to admit like poppy I think it makes the park feel like a movie or production studio rather than an amusment park.
So I do not agree that they look cheap or tacky.

Kristof

QuoteAt Disneyland in California, the Fantasmic lighting columns are hidden in the ground, and rise up mechnically. Check out this video on YouTube to see what I mean:

Yes, but isn't Fantasmic located in Frontierland, rather than a "studio"?  :wink:
Similar rigs are also located in the Main Street rooftops and at the Castle Stage.