Disney's Halloween Festival 2008

Started by Kristof, June 19, 2008, 12:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "BlueClouds"Boot Hill is the hill behind Phantom Manor in Frontierland.

Hey!

Thanks so much 4 the info!  =D> .........I OWE YOU!Hehe :P
Cya

chilly1978

I am really excited now!

Booked a 4 day trip as a surprth -ise for my wifes 30th, we are there from the 27th - 30th October!

Hope I get to meet Jack! :twisted:

Maarten

Halloween seems to get better! Actually, I'm very glad they got rid of the Pink Witches (especially their horrible statue's in Frontierland which made the entire park to shame) and Stitch (to me he was just a way to sell the event and merchandising). With the addition of Jack Skellington and Sally, more Disney Villains and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party things really start to look up. Hopefully EuroDisney will be able to build a true Halloween parade one day, similar to the one at Hong Kong Disneyland last year.

Are they planning to add new Halloween decorations too? I would really like to see a pumpkin Mickey like at Anaheim or Hong Kong. Or pumpkinmen statue's on Town Square dressed like habitants from Main Street like at Orlando. Even some Nightmare Before Christmas like touches at Boot Hill would be great.

Is there any news on a possible Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios? I mean, Tower of Terror just screams for its own entertainment! Its just too perfect; a Disney like Halloween event at Disneyland Park and a more adult oriented Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios.

Kristof

Yes there will be new decorations.  I heard they will be Disney-fied (like in Anaheim).

QuoteOr pumpkinmen statue's on Town Square dressed like habitants from Main Street like at Orlando.

The Pumpkin Citizens from the previous years will play a more prominent role this year in Main Street.

Aveen2008

Hi,
I know this may sound like a really stupid question but is it only scary characters that appear throughout the halloween season?
I am not big into scary or halloween things but I would like to experience it disney style!
Aveen xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

ightenhill

Could I ask when tkts go on sale for the Halloween night event for AP holders.. We will be at the park next week, for example can we buy them or do they go on sale at a specific time and place, its hard to keep track now they have stopped sending the newsletter out...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Maarten""Is there any news on a possible Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios? I mean, Tower of Terror just screams for its own entertainment! Its just too perfect; a Disney like Halloween event at Disneyland Park and a more adult oriented Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios."

I doubt there will be a adult-oriented even at WDSP.  The only "adult" oriented event is the Halloween Soiree at DLP.  There's been rumors of adult-oriented events in both California and Florida, but nothing so far, or at least until they build "Nightmare Before Christmas" attractions at DCA and DHS...

Katie-Sparrow

I didn't like the pink witches and the pinata thing. I hope they add even more new stuff for this halloween. x
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"
Quote from: "Maarten""Is there any news on a possible Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios? I mean, Tower of Terror just screams for its own entertainment! Its just too perfect; a Disney like Halloween event at Disneyland Park and a more adult oriented Halloween event at Walt Disney Studios."

I doubt there will be a adult-oriented even at WDSP.  The only "adult" oriented event is the Halloween Soiree at DLP.  There's been rumors of adult-oriented events in both California and Florida, but nothing so far, or at least until they build "Nightmare Before Christmas" attractions at DCA and DHS...

Well, Nightmare Before Christmas isn't that adult-oriented in my books. I was actually thinking about streetmosphere around the Tower of Terror, just like in DCA. Or meeting several villains (from Darth Vader, Dracula and the White Witch to Cruella DeVil). They could even opt to introduce a similar exhibit to "Vilains: Movie Characters You Love to Hate" at the American Film Institute at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the moment.

You know, a Halloween event with just a slightly darker feel to it compared to the pumkinmen at Disneyland Park.  :)

AmericanMouse

In "Disneyspeak", the "adult" codeword from what I know is "darker".  And TNBC is considered "darker" in tone.

Maarten

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"In "Disneyspeak", the "adult" codeword from what I know is "darker".  And TNBC is considered "darker" in tone.

Like I explained in my previous post there are many ways to create a more adult/darker Halloween for Walt Disney Studios without even touching the Nightmare Before Christmas properties. Besides, compared to the Halloween offerings at the former Warner Bros. Movie World Germany, Walibi World or Universal Orlando, the Nightmare Before Christmas can't be called very dark in tone, can it? Its still a Disney film after all.

Like I said, I was thinking of streetmosphere around the Tower of Terror, an exhibit about movie villains through history, and meet n' greets with characters that fit WDS better then DLP (White Witch etc.). And maybe a few decorations throughout the park. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think Nightmare Before Christmas is required to make a darker toned Halloween at WDS work.

Aveen2008

Hi,

I have to say i know already of you are glad to get rid of stitch for halloween but i am disappointed because I love stitch but I can understand why you are glad he's not headling this year.
Radcliffe isn't exactly a new add to the parks, he's been on the character express a few times and I met him at the start of july in cafe mickey..here's a pic..

I was hoping when you said they were new that they were completely new and not just new to the disney villians showtime.

I am sure halloween will still be fantastic though, as is everything disney!:)
xoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

casschr05

I think stitch will be missed (even by me a little bit!) but now he has his own attraction now
stitch has gone up in the Disney world!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "casschr05"I think stitch will be missed (even by me a little bit!) but now he has his own attraction now
stitch has gone up in the Disney world!

aw yay I am glad someone else will miss Stitch! I have only got to see Stitch Live once but it's great! I can't help but love him! I think I own nearly every piece of stitch merchandise sold in DLRP the last year or so lol!

:) Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

EDDY

Sorry that I repeat the others, but I think they should really focus on the Disney Characters !!!! I don´t like the Pumpkin Men in Main Street , but I like the big pumpkin which wasn´t there last year because of the 15th anniversary stage on Central Plaza. But the pink witches are surely better than the pumpkin man !
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January