[Imagineer it!] The Little Mermaid at Disneyland Park

Started by Kristof, June 05, 2008, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

So we all know that the well known The Little Mermaid darkride (originally planned for DLRP) is going into Disney's California Adventure Park.  Rumours are now circulating that the very same attraction might be going into the Magic Kingdom in Florida as well (in the back of Fantasyland).

So now I was wondering, with all that cloning happening, I wouldn't be surprised if TLM would be cloned to HKDL and to... our Disneyland Park!  

What if we would get The Little Mermaid in Fantasyland, where would YOU place it?  The original location across Bella Note would be practically impossible.  Most of the backstage area where the show building would go is now taken over by Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast...

Imagineer it!  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Great idea Raptor, I can see this topic idea going further :wink:

I've always imagined DLRP expanding Fantasyland at the gate next to Casey.Jr (at the back). So this is where I'd place a Little Mermaid Dark ride, perhaps along with Winnie the Pooh from Tokyo, and some other existing or unique attractions :)

Soap

Hmmm....is it really impossible across Bella Note? It feels a little bit deserted over there right know.
Great location Butlin boy, that would be a great location.
Someone got a google map??? Talks easier :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Quote from: "Soap"Someone got a google map??? Talks easier :P

Here we go!  Don't forget these are old.  The backstage of Videopolis has changed since 2006.

http://maps.google.be/maps?f=q&hl=nl&ge ... 8&t=h&z=17

QuoteHmmm....is it really impossible across Bella Note? It feels a little bit deserted over there right know.

Yep, won't happen there for sure!

Soap

Hmmm...not that much space left, is there?
Maybe somewhere behind the festival stage? The entrance at the left of it?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

murkai

Is there any way the Little Mermaid dark ride could fit into WDS's Toon Studios? It would be such a nice addition: something that everyone could enjoy. I think it would benefit the entire resort more if it was in that park, because it would add a better balance for everyone.

MagicStar

Enough space is definitly behind the Festival Stage/Casey Jr.
But I think TLM-Theme doesn´t really fit in this area.
Possible would be the space right beside IASW.
The Ariel-Theme fits better here, I think.
Sure, it could become a bit close to the street, where the parade comes from.
But if you compare the old space from behind Videopolis and the are right beside IASW,
it looks like it could fit.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

EDDY

Whats with the place in front of IASW near Mad Hatters TEa Cups were the Beauty and the Beast Attraction was planned in 1992 ? I think it would fit perfectly there and it seems that theres enough space ! ( Near L´Arbre Enchante for those who don´t know which location I mean  :wink:  )
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January