Character's birthdays!

Started by Snow_White_Girl, May 20, 2008, 08:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Continuing the discussion where it should be hehe! :wink:

Quote from: "Captain Pan"How did you get 83... I was looking at it earlier and I got Pooh's first Appearance in Winnie-The-Pooh in 1926 Making Him 82... or do we go with the story's birthdate for Pooh as a present for Christopher Robin on his First Birthday; August 21st 1921... Making him 87 this year, so I'm not sure... Or do disney count it as 1966? Making him a young 42?

When Exactly is Mr Mouse's birthday by the way... Do disney recognise it as his first released production or his first production in total? And I find these as May 15th 1928 or November 18th?? Any One???
I found Pooh's first appearance as being in 1925, hence where the 83 came from. I could be wrong though!

As for Mickey, his first short to be released was Steamboat Willie, so Disney count the short's airdate as Mickey's birthday (November 18th, 1928). However, 2 Mickey shorts were produced prior to this - Plane Crazy (May 15th, 1928) and The Gallopin Gaucho (don't know the date!)... Neither of these ever found a distributor though, whereas Steamboat Willie did, hence the November date...I think.

\":lamp:\"

Captain Pan

I did find Pooh on Wikipedia though... So I'm not so confident on that one... And even though my girlfriend is an dedicated fan of the One from the House of 'Sanders' I didn't get a number from her either...

The Gallopin' Gaucho as you couldn't find a date was released primarily on August 7th 1928 (without sound) and then released again with sound on December 30th of the Same Year.

Now a favourite character of mine is young Christopher Robin's Tiger... Tigger...

I've read (Wikipedia again) Tigger's birthday is believed to be in October of 1928, However the same article reads, 'Disney indicates Tigger's birthyear as 1968, a reference to the first year that Tigger appeared in a Disney production, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day' (December 20th of that Year). And My Tigger Hoodie Claims that same year too. Making Tigger half the age of the Mouse in Disney's eyes.
Or Do you count the A.A. Milne's date and Make Mr 'Fun Fun Fun' Older than the Mickey by a month?

never2old

I have the same birthday as Donald Duck  :donald: (not quite the same year, though... he's over 40 years older than me!!)

Snow_White_Girl

They're all still looking good for their ages though! Must be the magic of the Magic Kingdom hehe! :wink:

I have the same birthday as Mickey, 56 years apart though hehe!!

My own personal heroine (Snow White) is 71 this year... wow.

Wonder when Minnie's birthday is??

Captain Pan

There hasn't been a Mickey movie with out his young lover Minnie in (Well at the beginning of their Career anyway).

Minnie had a role in Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy and The  Gallopin' Gaucho. So Technically if Disney are to go bananas over Mr Mouse's 80th Birthday they need to throw a Bash Equally as fantastic for Minnie

As for their relationship in an Interview in 1933 Walt Disney said, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie. A lot of people have written to him asking this question, because sometimes he appears to be married to her in his films and other times still courting her. What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady. If the story calls for a romantic courtship, then Minnie is the girl; but when the story requires a married couple, then they appear as man and wife. In the studio we have decided that they are married, really."

Snow_White_Girl

Oooh I wonder if that means I share my birthday with Minnie too?!  :shock:

Yeah I've read that quote by Walt Disney before.... At WDW *I think* they've got a kind of "Toon Town" area where you can look round all the characters' houses, and Mickey and Minnie have separate ones... Even at the age of 8 I remember being slightly disappointed that they didn't live together hehe!! :D

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Oooh I wonder if that means I share my birthday with Minnie too?!  :shock:

Yeah I've read that quote by Walt Disney before.... At WDW *I think* they've got a kind of "Toon Town" area where you can look round all the characters' houses, and Mickey and Minnie have separate ones... Even at the age of 8 I remember being slightly disappointed that they didn't live together hehe!! :D

They Still Don't!!

Javey74

Quote from: "never2old"I have the same birthday as Donald Duck  :donald: (not quite the same year, though... he's over 40 years older than me!!)
I share the same month as Donalds Birthday, as in June.  But his is the 9th and mine is the 17th.  I share the same end digit in the year aswell, his is 1934, mine is 1974.  :D

treble

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Oooh I wonder if that means I share my birthday with Minnie too?!  :shock:

They Still Don't!!
that's why their marriage has lasted so long  :lol:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Captain Pan

Quote from: "treble"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"

They Still Don't!!
that's why their marriage has lasted so long  :lol:

Unlike Barbie & Ken

treble

did they ever live together?
did they ever get married?
i was a sindy girl. she never had man trouble  8)
just like alice you\'re in wonderland