Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Disney Village's second entrance, near the Gaumont Cinema Complex, is now dressed up with balloons. Quite tacky if you ask me, just like the other balloon aditions last year. Sorry to be negative, but why can't they just continue the style of the main entrance?

Source: Disney Magic Interactive Forum

Mod edit: Removed IMG tags from larg photo.

Anthony

*Breaks down into tears*

The proper balloon balloons were actually on the verge of looking ok - they mix well with the metallic buidlings and towers, I think:

But these fake plastic balloons are awful, especially with that crappy text and phrases like "Family Fun" plastered across them.  It looks more tacky than Blackpool, there's no charm to it, it's just cheap.

I honestly don't know what the future of Disney Village is now.  I know they have to concentrate everything on the new attractions, but does that mean DV has to become more awful by the day?  It's a serious blackspot right in the middle of the resort - when 2008 finally arrives, they'd better start getting it into shape.  Bulldozers if possible.

penfold12

I have always wondered why the Disney Village in DLRP is made up of imposing, cold metalic buildings in a colder climate. I think the American style village/down town Disney with its low rise "wooden" feel would fit better in our climate

Anthony

Joel asks "temporary or permanent" - I really hope it's permanent!  Very nice colours, matches the newer DV logo and looks very modern and international, when it could have looked like a bad McDonalds.

Joel's photos of the new balloons make them look nicer than those earlier photos too: http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20061024/

Kristof

Yeah those decorations look very good. They fill up that large area quite well.  8)

Maarten

The new decorations looks quite classy indeed. Good job. But I still dislike the balloons at the second entrance of Disney Village, even at good photos they look to tacky to me.

I'm curious to find out more about their plans to enhance Disney Village even more by adding restaurants and shops. Although it's only a fantasy, I would love them to add a Virgin Megastore, House of Blues and World of Disney... but I am afraid it will never get that far. With regard to the rumours it's painfully quite at the moment.

Kris

I heard the "second entrance" will probably become the "new entrance". Not too sure how accurate that is, but to push people past the cinema, games arcade, Buffalo Bill etc would be a good idea (for DLRP anyway).

On the whole I'm ok about the new balloons. The font and wording is a bit tacky, but it does mix the balloon concept into the entrance a little. I just wish they'd change that huge red entrance and neon sign. It's the old logo and quite kitsch in my view.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Maarten

I can't say for sure, but I have heared that they are adding the same red curvings from the main entrance of Disney Village, to the second entrance aswell. I hope you guys understand what I mean. Finally some coherent theming.  :)

Edit: http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 003xi5.jpg

Anthony

Yeah I saw them doing this just as I was on my way to the station, but didn't fancy wheeling my suitcase and everything over there to take a picture... :lol:

It looks really nice, basically like the old red curves but without the edges. More sleek and modern, and quite similar to the newer DV logo in a way. I hope they replace the entire entrance like that.

The magnolia coloured pieces of the column have been cleaned up LOADS too, compared to the others this one really stands out.

Anthony

:lol: :o :lol: :o

http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070109/

Team Mickey will be officially renamed Disney Fashion sometime this century...

DisneyBud

Is it just me, or does that "Hollywod Pictures" sign look a bit cheap, and not at all in the Disney style?

Anthony

I could say the same for most/all of the stuff in those photos. :(

They're trying though, at least.  I can't wait until they have a situation where things are stable enough they can improve and expand the village properly rather than all these quick attempts to brighten it up.

penfold12

I agree Baloo, but sign writing is quite in expensive in the great scheme of things. The cold metalic look already cheapens this area, its a shame the signage is so bad! Ah well, lets hope after the 15th year they can afford something else

Riebi

The Village looks absolutely cheap. It looks like a french camping-basar.

Remembering my first visit in 1993 it was sparkling and flashy and full of light. Now it´s an "smorgasbord".

I only can hope they get the money to fix it.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

I heard that they're going to add more Disney Characters on the façades of the buildings, to bring more Disney Magic to it.