Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

That wall actually looks REALLY good in orange!  It fits in very well with the sign on it and has brightened up the area so much.

Covering the bases of the pylons with that nice wooden decking stuff is a good idea too.  It would be expensive to remove them, so I think they made a very good choice.  I wonder what they'll actually be used for, though?  Will they just be (much needed) places to sit and rest in the Village, or will they maybe feature some plants or something else?

They could really do with a couple of nice trees or something down that main avenue...

Kristof

They've put up the new 2D signs on NY style sandwiches and the Sports Bar...
:sick:    I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that they're hideous...

They look like they were made in Word Art...  :lol:

http://www.dlrp.fr/

Anthony

Yep, they're awful...

Is this a replacement for the old signs they took down?  I know they'r going to be getting rid of the Sports Bar soon(ish), but they could have still designed a good 2D sign, rather than just making them look as cheap as possible.

I think you were being generous by suggesting WordArt, Raptor!!  :lol:

Patrick

OK is it me, or should these have gone for good not come right back, or is it some new ones, or are they the same ones that were in the pillars just painted :lol: .

Kristof

I hope they have some good plans for DV, 'cause it doesn't look that good anymore...

Kristof

:-#  :?

Patrick

Oh my god, bring back pillars bring them back now that looks awful, they should not have tampered with it.  Now I realise why on saturday there were 2 guys measuring out the metal on the Disney Store :roll: .

Kristof

Grandmath explains the idea behind the balls on Disney Central Plaza:

They resemble balloons which got solid while going up the air...  :-k

Jorien

:-s  :-s  :-s

Anthony

Feel free to hit me, but I actually quite like the balloons.  They're colourful, fun, and attractive for kids.  Sure, they're cheap and a bit dodgy/random, but DV has always been so unfriendly for kids, and it's nice that they're attempting to address that now, with the improved design, added colour, etc.

I'm not sure if I fully mean the design has been "improved" though - it was definately a lot more exciting and interesting when they had the columns and starry sky...

I can't understand why they can't put the starry sky back in place, but just have long wires of lights that go right across the main avenue...  :?

Anthony

from castmember.be

It looks quite nice to me.  CM Sven says it's more cosy now, which is good!  :D

Kristof

The Rock 'n Roll dancers have been moved backstage.

The balloons...

Rest area

Balloons at night

Anthony

Thanks for the photos!  Here's my thoughts:

#1 - Woohoooo!!!!!!

#2 - Uh oh...

#3 - *vomits*

#4 - Meh, not bad I guess...

:lol: I was hoping for some more permanent greenery on those rest areas though - they should have put nice, big trees in the middle or something, not a random collection of pots they found lying around backstage...  :(

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo":lol: I was hoping for some more permanent greenery on those rest areas though - they should have put nice, big trees in the middle or something, not a random collection of pots they found lying around backstage...  :(

LOL!! greenery.......where? Indeed a collection of pots with some branches sticking out!  :wink:  :lol:

I have to say i like that night view with those balloons though...

Kristof

Look where they found their inspirition for the balloons in DV!