Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swity

Well,I have to confess I haven't noticed it before....Looks beautiful...But that's Disneymagic^^each time you visit it you will discover something new...

Riebi

Panoramagique joins to the 15th party:

(pics by dlrp.fr)

more  :arrow: //http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_panoramagique_15_ans_disneyland_paris_1085.html

Nice idea to change the panoramagique suit :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Patrick

Well they've done it again, can anyone say urgh :lol: .  Really do wish they would stop with this obsession with colour and 2d photoshopped facades.

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/images/News/V ... 7_001x.JPG
Photo by Xavier from dlp.info

davewasbaloo

OMG!!!! DLP really have absolutely 0 style.  I cannot think of one good change they have made to the Village since Cafe Mickey's opened.
since 2001 (many before that)

penfold12

Just awful! Unless the plan is to make the entire village so bad that thay have no option but to tear it all down and start again!!!

Riebi

Is this a bit of this ugly eighties style?? :lol:

Patrick

Quote from: "Riebi"Is this a bit of this ugly eighties style?? :lol:

NO 80's style is good and retro, this is what I personally like to call hideous and untasteful :lol: .

speedpacket

I don't know what they are thinking, but the village is already belowe the bottom of my list for years...
I can't tell you how many times we have been in the resort wandering around at night and being utterly bored by what we can do...  We usually end up in one of the hotel bars, or go to billy bob's, but what else is there to do...

They need a more themed and cosy atmosphere urgently, and put in more entertainment so people are interested in going there and staying there later...

There are so many people in the resort (if you have 30.000+ visiters on days, you have thousands of them that should be able to spend more time and money in the village)

I so much hope that they will finally understand some day that the village deserves more and better!!!!  The direction it i sheading now is below disney standards though!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

penfold12

Totaly agree. I know that there is the cinema, and Buffalo Bills etc, but we still seem to be just trying to fill time whenever I visit if the parks close at 6pm. I was just trying to think what the difference is at WDW, but it comes down to atmosphere I think. Im always quite happy strolling round down town disney, but the village doesnt have the same feel to it

speedpacket

Exactly!
I must say I've only been to the Paris resort so far (but have been visiting for MANY times now...), but the pictures that I saw from downdown disney look so incredibly good compared to what we have in Paris.

I don't know about the rest of the resort, as I strongly believe that Paris has the most beautiful architecture of all disney resorts (except perhaps DisneySea), judging from the pictures (who the hell came up with the idea of all the boring white buildings at WDW?  Look at their Space Mountain -> spice that up with some paint, please...).

But yes - if they would invest some more in the village, I really do believe that Paris would be such a great Disney Resort!!!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Jayna62

:pluto: Like most on the board, we are really big Disney fans, We were in the park all last week and walked backwards and forwards through the Disney Village and didn't really notice a lot about the colours on the front of the shops.

Riebi

There are some pics on dlrp.fr:

The Disney Gallery:

The World of Toys store:

Disney Store "rehab":

Wich words could describe this? :roll: ... coloured to death?[/url]

Anthony

I'm sure those pictures are quite old, the Disney Store is fully coloured now in orange/pink kinda colours like the rest, as on DLP.info's photo.

I have to stick up for the Village after criticising it through this topic.  Sure, the new colours are pretty vomit-worthy, but I felt the street was more welcoming and fresh than I've ever noticed.

They also seem to play different music these days, pop and indie style rock with a more British slant (say Take That, Keane, even an old Oasis song, lol) rather than horrible dance/disco.  It was also cool to hear that Disney Store now has its own, unique, loop inside of Disney songs, rather than just playing what's on in the street.  Even Disney Fashion looks kinda cool, especially at night.  It's not perfect, but I feel slightly less ashamed of DV after that visit.  :wink:

ChipChap

Yeah i have to agree with Baloo!
When I saw it last weekend it was quite okay and don't think that this is too bad. The colours and yes the baloons fit together ;)
Only that some baloons are already dirty or taken away is a negative point.
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Riebi

Some concept arts for the disney store from dlrp.fr (C) Disney:

the full article: http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_disney_village_1124.html

The overall picture looks better than I´ve first expected but it's not exactly brilliant IMO. Maybe I must take first a look with my own eyes  :wink:

I stand more for a timeless design. And I have fear that it will be oldfashioned in 3 years. But in this time much can be done! :D