Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scissorsboi

It's nice to see the building back to it's original state! It stangely does help to put across the theme of the park (however weak it may be, at least it gives a first impression!). However does anyone find it weird that the Toy Story 3 poster says "From the Creators of Finding Nemo and Up"? Not "From the Creators of Toy Story 1 & 2"?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

luke85

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"It's nice to see the building back to it's original state! It stangely does help to put across the theme of the park (however weak it may be, at least it gives a first impression!). However does anyone find it weird that the Toy Story 3 poster says "From the Creators of Finding Nemo and Up"? Not "From the Creators of Toy Story 1 & 2"?

Everytime I see a poster I think exactly the same thing!! It would be like seeing "from the makers of Indiana Jones" on a Star Wars poster!

JelleP

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"It's nice to see the building back to it's original state! It stangely does help to put across the theme of the park (however weak it may be, at least it gives a first impression!). However does anyone find it weird that the Toy Story 3 poster says "From the Creators of Finding Nemo and Up"? Not "From the Creators of Toy Story 1 & 2"?

Quote from: "luke85"Everytime I see a poster I think exactly the same thing!! It would be like seeing "from the makers of Indiana Jones" on a Star Wars poster!

I think it's just that Finding Nemo is a movie that everyone knows and loves, and that's the same with Up. Toy Story 1 and 2 are great movies, but little children often don't know those movies, because of their age. I have (for example) seen Finding Nemo over five times in cinema when I was about 10 years old, but Toy Story was unknown for me that time. Once I became in love with Pixar, that all changes of course. But also people who don't particularly love every Pixar film, they should advertise with the most famous movies (which are Finding Nemo and Up at this moment, I think ;))
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

See, even in that pic, Buzz is the main/biggest character. Poor old woody!

JelleP

Quote from: "Martyn"See, even in that pic, Buzz is the main/biggest character. Poor old woody!
That's because Buzz IS bigger that Woody...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "Martyn"See, even in that pic, Buzz is the main/biggest character. Poor old woody!

A bit off topic, but since we are talking about the Toy Story characters here... is there any chance that Lotso will be making appearances at Walt Disney Studios aswell? Its the New Generation Festival after all.

DisneyBart

I'm pretty sure that Woody is bigger than Buzz in the movies... ;-)

luke85

Quote from: "DisneyBart"

I'm pretty sure that Woody is bigger than Buzz in the movies... ;-)
I thought this too :)

CafeFantasia

Yep, Woody is way taller than Buzz. See evidence:

Anthony

Not that very long ago, all the Walt Disney Studios haters would've loved seeing a billboard just there at the park exit reading "THE GREAT ESCAPE". Haha! "And Walt is even pointing the way out", etc....

Kobato

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "Martyn"

That pics just proves that the Studio's looks so much better with greenery!
Ahh this pic makes me smile :D

Finally, I will see Studio 1 without something covering it!

MagicKenny

I've made a picture last sunday! :)

Kenny
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Riebi

I think that´s how the entrance to the studios should look like! Wonderful buildings, wonderful floor and the right mix of fountains and greenery. Studio 1 and the whole frontlot looks so nice after its refurb =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

In my opinion Front Lot, the ToT area and some parts of Toon Studio are the only places that can be considered as Disney standard.
Studio 1 is so beautiful without the billboards.

Martyn

That picture is perfect, absolutely beautiful!