Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Has anyone tried to push/pull it down yet ?  :lol:

smurfy74

I do really think we should all sing from the same hymn sheet and get a barrage of emails sent to them considering the length of time.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Owain"Has anyone tried to push/pull it down yet ?  :lol:

Not yet but there is a certain rock in adventureland that also needs the sledge hammer treatment... :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

This is a fairly major breakthrough, if you can call it that.

Further undercover work (sending another email asking what's going on), via another magicforum member (thanks!), has uncovered this response from Guest Communications:

QuoteFurther to your query, I regret to inform you that due to unforeseen technical difficulties with the refurbishment work taking place on Studio 1, the work has been exceptionally delayed. Therefore, we are unable to confirm when the scaffolding will be removed.
So let's recap. Fifteen months since this refurbishment covering was put in place, the official line is now: "Unforeseen technical difficulties" have lead to an "exceptional delay", and even they themselves don't know when the scaffolding will be gone. HELP!

Let the speculating begin... what technical difficulties can Disney, of all companies, have with a project like this?

Adam

Ummm...

They lost the ladder so that they can climb onto the scaffolding to start work. Any donations of a ladder greatly received by Disney.
The contractors are scared of the dark, so couldn't go under the fake Studio 1 frontage.
The contractors don't have hopper tickets and are stuck in Disneyland Park trying to dig a tunnel into the Studios.
The weather is not good enough - they are waiting for snow.
They ordered orange and green paint, but red and white came, so they painted the Character Express horrible colours instead.
Someone stole their hardhats and replaced them with Mickey ears.
They are on strike - holding out for Castle Club rooms rather than the Empire State Club.
They are stuck on Wilderness Island without a canoe.
The materials are coming via Royal Mail.
They took the stairs on TOT and can't see what the problem is.
They are waiting for the railroad train to stop at Adventureland.
They are too busy voting for John and Edwards on X Factor. (sorry,  :offtopic: )

Any of them funny?

Timbo

Quote from: "Adam"They are too busy voting for John and Edwards on X Factor. (sorry,  :offtopic: )

Any of them funny?
All funny ! :lol: But it is obviously John and Edward that are causing the problems !!!

dagobert

Quote from: "Adam"Ummm...

They lost the ladder so that they can climb onto the scaffolding to start work. Any donations of a ladder greatly received by Disney.
The contractors are scared of the dark, so couldn't go under the fake Studio 1 frontage.
The contractors don't have hopper tickets and are stuck in Disneyland Park trying to dig a tunnel into the Studios.
They ordered orange and green paint, but red and white came, so they painted the Character Express horrible colours instead.
They are on strike - holding out for Castle Club rooms rather than the Empire State Club.
They are too busy voting for John and Edwards on X Factor. (sorry, :offtopic: )

Any of them funny?

I nearly peed my pants!!!!!!!!

RnRCj

How on earth could there be "technical" difficulties?! What's so "technical" about a tin of paint and a brush? :lol:

Perhaps they've started training robots to carry out all future refurbs...

-breeno-

Quote from: "Adam"Ummm...

They are too busy voting for John and Edwards on X Factor. (sorry,  :offtopic: )

Any of them funny?
Haha love it!  :lol:  :mrgreen:

I'm going to put my money on the Royal Mail one, although i like the idea the workers are stuck in Disneyland Park due to the lack of a hopper tickets :P

On a serious note how on earth can a techinal fault hold back something like this 15 months back!?  Repainting a wall and taking down some scaffolding isn't exactly re-inventing the wheel is it?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I think this could be more a matter of problems with a contractor. Once those contracts are signed, work has started or part of the money has been paid it is not so easy to switch if something should happen, like an argument about the price or the contractor going broke or something like that ...

Anthony

Couple of interesting explanations amongst comments on DLRP Today:

Quote from: "Bob the builder"Well the true reason is that the resort in a law suite with the company who did the rehab of this facade because the result is even worse than it was before. They aren't allowed to change anything till the whole trial is over.
Quote from: "DGR"The internal explanation is that the Guest Safety department is blocking the refurbishment as – according to them – it would carry risks for guests passing underneath the scaffolding. They're known to be a little... difficult. Although, maybe with the budget available, they'd even be right.
Both sound likely - the logistics of refurbing such a huge space above guests and/or serious issues with the contractors.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I think the law suite reason is the correct one, I read something like that on DCP, Disney being in dispute with the company they contacted to do this refurb. It sounded more like a rumour than fact, but it does make sense.

CGM12345

Why don't they get a other company to pain Studio 1 instead if they are in a law suite with the other company

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "CGM12345"Why don't they get a other company to pain Studio 1 instead if they are in a law suite with the other company

Well, if the rumour is correct, then it would be for the reason stated above:
QuoteThey aren't allowed to change anything till the whole trial is over.

My friends family was in a law suit with their contractor ever since they got the keys to their house, over unfinished & not up to standard jobs (such as, no plastering of the walls in the kitchen and halls) - i.e., a breach of contract. They weren't allowed to do anything for the duration of it (including appeals), which turned out to be about ten years... Not to scare you or anything. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

eddieh

Could be another few years before anything is done about it then  :shock: