WDW/Universal/Seaworld Trip Report May 17th - June 9th

Started by TowMater, April 14, 2008, 07:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

This is my 3rd time to go to WDW and looking toward to see Finding Nemo, The Simpsons Ride and Aquatica.

But since I'm going again in the summer with my charity club, We got $400 each family member and only allowed to spend some of it so we won't be able to have thousands of kilios in our suitcases.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

MinniesBestPal

YOU HAVE TO DO THE CRUSH TURTLE TALK! SERIOUSLY, ITS SO FUNNY!!!

Universal wasn't all that good when we went, but then again, we were quite young, so we couldn't go on many rides, PLUS it was BOILING that day!

TowMater

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"YOU HAVE TO DO THE CRUSH TURTLE TALK! SERIOUSLY, ITS SO FUNNY!!!

Universal wasn't all that good when we went, but then again, we were quite young, so we couldn't go on many rides, PLUS it was BOILING that day!

I saw a clip of it on YouTube and thought it was funny so I would try and see it.

Previous Disney Visits

TowMater

Well it's tomorrow but I'll be going to Manchester today at 4pm, The train will depart from Cleethorpes at 4:28pm then be expecting to be at Manchester by 8pm so me and my family will be staying in a hotel for the night and in the morning (At 9am) we would be at the airport and our plane takes off at 12pm since were going to fly with First Choice for the first time.

When we get back, I will do a long trip report about everyday I were.

Previous Disney Visits

The Butlin Boy

Have a great time, I'm looking forward to your report already :lol:

TowMater

There is a few computers in the hotel and I got 18 minutes left on it so I'll tell you the characters I've met so far from both Disney and Universal:

Lightning McQueen
Mater
Pooh
Tigger
Piglet
Clarabelle
Horace
Pluto
Stitch
Chip and Dale
Aliddin
Jasemine
Homer Simpson
Marge Simpson
Bart Simpson
Lisa Simpson

So there would be quite a long trip report when I get back.

Previous Disney Visits

TowMater

I got back today lunch time and I never had no sleep on the plane so I have to go to bed soon and it's school tomorrow.

Been on The Simpsons, Seen the Nemo stuff, Been in Aquatica & rode Toy Story Midway Mania.

The trip report will come in a few days time.

Previous Disney Visits

The Butlin Boy

I'm glad you've had a great trip. I'm so jealous, I'd love to go to Florida like you did :roll:

I can't wait for the trip report and photos :mrgreen:

TowMater

I was supposed to go to school today but I've overslept and it's 11:55am.

Day 1: Disney Hollywood Studios May 18th

We had a wierd sleep, at 12am the fire alarm went off because some kids were trapped inside one of the lifts so my mum had to throw me my jacket and trainers but no trousers or shorts so I was moaning all the way outside and when me and my sister got outside the alarm stopped so I was moaning even more then I went to sleep in the hotel room at 3am I woke up because I was exitced then got to sleep again, We woke up at 6am to get breakfast and the first bus for Disney was at 7:25am (We were a few miles near Universal and the hotel provided a free shuttle to Disney and Universal) after breakfast we went back into the hotel to get the camera, a bag or two bag full of sun cream and water then we went downstairs to catch the bus, The bus arrived and there was only us and two couples on board for this bus and lne of the hotels were supposed to make the bus full but no one wasen't there so the bus diecied to go to Disney, Half of the roads were shut and there were a few police cars for the way to Epcot which was where the bus was supposed to stop at so my dad who was sitting next to me kept saying "It's closed because they've ran over Mickey Mouse" so the bus had to stop at Hollywood Studios (Which we we wanted to go for that day) and the driver explained about the road being shut and it will open by afternoon so when we went were walking towards the entertrance it was 8:15am so we diecided to get some autograph books and pens then went to Guest Realitions about me having special needs and after weve done them they allowed to let the guests go through the entertrance 15 minutes before opening time (Which is at 9am) so we wanted to look through the shops until the opening, I picked up a map and Times Guide and I was surprised that Cars has a Character Loaction near Toy Story Mania and in front a Radiator Springs gate (Where they come in and out off) and when the park offically opened we went to Star Tours since it was a 5 minute wait and when we got infront of the simulator the ride broke down so they used to next simulator for us which wasen't broken down, After the ride my dad's shoulders was hurting so we diecided to sit down on a bench before moving on and about 5-10 minutes later we went down Streets of America and it was empty so I filmed it and took a few pictures so then my dad wanted to do Singing in the Rain so I filmed that while he was under the umbrella so while I was filming it he was shouting to my mum "Hurry up, I'm getting quite wet standing underneath here" so he got out and went to the Backlot tour and I was surprised that the reason why Streets of America was empty is because they was still down Hollywood Blvd and Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard but the Backlot tour was a 10 minute wait, Afterwards I looked on the Times Guide and we missed the first Cars Character Greeting what were near by so we apporached it and saw the Radiator Springs gate what was between Toy Story Mania and Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Area so then me and my sister wanted to go to Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Area, We spent a good 20 minutes in there then we went towards Toy Story Mania but we didn't know this but we have to walk all the way through Animation Courtyard to the ride and we was walking near the Sorercer's Hat so we wanted to go on The Great Movie Ride so we did then afterwards we saw Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy & Pluto but we didn't wanted to get autographs yet but we wanted to tomorrow.

We went to Toy Story Mania and it was a Brother vs. Sister while it was a Father vs. Mother (for us) and I won my sister by 5 thousand and my dad won my mum by 2 thousand then we wanted to go on it again because my sister and mum wanted a re match but me and my dad still won them but it was tireing and I was almost losing until I hit a special 5 thousand alien on the ring toss round, Afterwards we went to see the Cars which was quite a short line before they went out but I was surpriced they haven't mobbed them but they seemed to sorted it out by using traffic cones in front of them and cast members telling them to be by the construction walls (For Toy Story) a kid who was in the queue shouted "I see wheels!" then everyone got in line and had their cameras ready, I waited in the line alone while my mum was filming and taking pictures of them entering and my dad and sister was sitting in some shade, After the first kids to have their pictures by their parents and Photo Passers my mum joined me in the queue and it was very hot and my mum haven't gave me water or sun cream yet and I was panting and sweating then a cast member approached and discovered I was sweating so he said "You need to drink some water or you'll get dehighdrated" (Can't spell it right) then we told him where we were from then he said "England!? You never get no sunshine there, In the summer over there it's 10 degrees!" when it was my turn my mum again filmed from the camcorder and took pictures on the camera and when my mum wanted to take another picture Lightning revved his engine non stop for that picture, Afterwards I had some water and sun cream on and it was 1pm so we had something to eat at the ABC restaurant, My mum had a salad since she joined Slimming World a few weeks before going and she doesn't wanted to loose her diet, My dad had a cheeseburger while me and my sister had a kids meal of Chicken Nuggets since we wasen't much of hungry, Afterwards we went down Sunset Blvd because we wanted to go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster but the ride would hurt my dad's shoulders so he sat on a bench near to the exit of the ride, Afterwards my sister said to my dad "We went through a doughnut" since she went on it a few times before and her eyes were always shut everytime so afterwards we had a frozen lemonade and since I was wearing crocs my mum saw a stall what you can put on them and there were Cars ones so she got some for me but they were quite loose on my crocs, We heard music and heard it was High School Musical 2 approaching for their 1:45pm show in front the hat so my mum filmed it on the camcorder so afterwards to went into the shops down Hollywood Blvd while the float was also going down there but since I though HSM was rubbish now I thought the show was quite good and they managed to get it to not be that cheesy than the films.

Now it was 2:30pm and Block Party Bash started in half a hour so everywhere was packed for it so we went under the Sorercer's Hat and standing on a wall the Parade Announcement started and the Parade left the Crossroads and onto Hollywood Blvd I filmed it on the camcorder while my mum took pictures on the camera the parade stopped in front of a hat for the first show stop and in the first few minutes of the show stop, My arms were getting tired of holding the camcorder so me and my mum swapped objects so I took more pictures on the camera and my mum was filming on the camcorder and about 10 minutes later it was still the first stop and my sister and mum were saying to me "How long is it going to last for?" since they knew I was watching the parade on YouTube so I kept saying to them "Not long but it's another stop in a minute" the first stop ended and went to the next Party Zone and the Bug's Life float stopped in front of the Hat for the second stop and in 5 minutes of the second stop my mum stopped filming and went because she was getting bored and we diecided to go to Epcot for Test Track and Soarin' while we were leaving the Studios I asked my mum if she liked it so she said "Yeah... It's alright" but I knew she was bored so I said to her "It came from California in March" then she said "It should go back to California then" but I was so disapointed that in the videos it looked good but when I saw it for real it was boring.

We took a Disney Bus to Epcot so we went on Test Track, It was only a 30 minute wait and for the first time, We had some single riders with us while it was quite a short wait afterwards we approached Soarin' my dad didn't liked Soarin' the last time because he like his feet to be on the ground so me, my mum & sister went on it while my dad had a cup of tea in the restaurant in The Land, Afterwards we went into Mouse Gear and I saw 2 cars that I want so I got them who where Not Chuck & Race Offical Tom.

Afterwards we got the 1st evening bus back to the hotel at 6pm and it was Happy Hour and when we got there, The bartender knew us from last time so she kept giving beers for my mum & dad and coke for me and my sister while I was watching the stuff we filmed on the camcorder.

Previous Disney Visits

The Butlin Boy

Sounds like you had a great time on your first day, it's a shame that the fire alarm went off and that the parade was boring. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip report :)

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Sounds like great fun, and I'm glad they hadn't run over Mickey. Phew :lol:  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

TowMater

I hope you like the 1st day trip report, Animal Kingdom is the next day followed by Magic Kingdom then Epcot then Universal then can't remember what else.

Previous Disney Visits

dagobert

Very nice trip report. It makes me a little bit sad, because I want to go there again, but we are going to DLRP in September :D . We went to WDW in January. In which hotel did you stay?

TowMater

Quote from: "dagobert"Very nice trip report. It makes me a little bit sad, because I want to go there again, but we are going to DLRP in September :D . We went to WDW in January. In which hotel did you stay?

Hawthorn Suites down Canada Avenue near International Drive.

Previous Disney Visits

TowMater

Sorry it's been so long for the next day of the trip report, I had too many things to do and I didn't had enough time on the computer so I am expecting Animal Kingdom somewhere in the weekend.

Previous Disney Visits