Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annet

Ah damn...that means my little nieces will visit DLP for the very first time on march 12th and won't see the beautifull castle, but those ugly fences... That sucks, I really wanted it to be as magical as can be for them!

Kristof

The work order I've been shown says refurbishment and replacement of all electric wires.  But I'll dig a little bit deeper.  You never know, this might be another Kentucky Fried Chicken story. ;-)

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"The work order I've been shown says refurbishment and replacement of all electric wires.  But I'll dig a little bit deeper.  You never know, this might be another Kentucky Fried Chicken story. ;-)

Is this happening due to the cold weather during the last weeks?

SM:M3

I reckon its going to be something like replacement of electrical wires.
Theres no need to rebuild the bridge, it was built less than 20 years ago and has gone through worse weather than this.
What next, a Burger King in La Gallerie de la Belle au Bois Dormant

howtodeal

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the info. So it will not be ready in February for our next visit.

I'm going in February too  :cry:
but it still looks better than the ugly fences they had last winter  :roll:
Thanks for the update Thedeejay andi  hope Kristof and SM:M3 are right  [-o<
I don't want to go off topic but i'm curious to know more about the KFC rumor :mrgreen:  I hate KFC btw  :|

SM:M3

Quote from: "howtodeal":  I hate KFC btw  :|

Me too :D
Basically Disneytheque claimed a KFC would go in the Exchange Desk in Disney Village, or above it, or even in a new Virgin Megastore that would replace something in the village, you can find out more in the Resort Forum

marksbananas

Bit gutted about this has there been any offical word on whats happening i am going on the 22nd march with my 5 kids for the first time and rteally want it to be back to normal by then=, has anyone heard the offical story on time scales?
First trip was totally magical cant wait for return

Kristof

There seems to be some truth about it, a part of the bridge will in fact be replaced.

smurfy74

any news on timescales though, im taking my mum for her forst ever disney trip and I want her to be able to walk here, she is already gutted about POTC

madame_leota

i hope they sort it quickly :( it spoils the overall look of main street so much. I supose its inevitable that its going to have to be done sooner or later, when i went a couple of years ago after a particular bout of bad weather the flooring in some places was breaking up and crumbling.

dagobert

The view of the castle from Main Street is already spoiled with the new ugly stage on Central Plaza.

madame_leota

i havent been since feb 09 so i havent seen it, could you direct me to a piccy by any chance?

dagobert

I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I think I have mislead you, because I wanted to say that I THINK that the view is spoiled by the stage. I'm very sorry for that.

But maybe someone has a picture from the castle with the stage in front of it taken from Main Street.

Anthony

Various photos of the stage here: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/03/22/new ... -complete/

It's not a massive issue, the bridge being closed. I presume the whole of the Castle is still open from Fantasyland, and you can still get unspoilt photos of it. Three good places for posed pictures: The path past Adventureland to the left, the bridge leading into La Taniere du Dragon (the Dragon's lair), and the raised platform at the back of Castle Stage, on the right.

madame_leota

Hmmmm, i guess its not as bad as i was expecting. still a bit OTT though. is it going to be removed after mickeys party?