Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

According to earlier reports on the Themepark.nl forums, parts of the castle bridge's concrete were containing rot.

The bridge is currently under rehab.

Pictures were taken on the 29th of February 2008 by Mousy.be:

Disneyland Paris Treasures

:shock:

Wow, castle bridge refurbishment! Looks weird, I hope they fix it for good this time.

Alpop

I guess they have to keep up on top of concrete rot, but this will ruin your photos.

-breeno-

Looks strange, at least they are refubing in now in March and not in a peak time :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

The castle looks a lot less magical with those fences in front of it :( I hope they don't take too long on it as it will ruin a lot of visitor's photos!!!

Kristof

You can still get excellent pictures of the castle from the side, near Adventureland, without the bridge...

I've heard horror-stories about that bridge, I'm surprised it took them so long to refurb it.  And to add... the rehab is not mentioned on the internal rehab schedule.

mehdi5

Quote from: "raptor1982"You can still get excellent pictures of the castle from the side, near Adventureland, without the bridge...

I've heard horror-stories about that bridge, I'm surprised it took them so long to refurb it.  And to add... the rehab is not mentioned on the internal rehab schedule.
Aren't only attractions and restaurants mentioned in the Rehab Chedule?

Kristof

I'm talking about the internal rehab schedule, not the one on the website.  All rehabs are mentioned on that.

Riebi

It´s a bit sad for the front photo shots but that´s always while rehabs. And after some of us has moaning about the slow maintance we should be all happy and clap our hands :lol:

Quote from: "raptor1982"You can still get excellent pictures of the castle from the side, near Adventureland, without the bridge...

I've heard horror-stories about that bridge, I'm surprised it took them so long to refurb it. And to add... the rehab is not mentioned on the internal rehab schedule.

Which was the horror-stories? I´m on the wrong track. Confused  :shock: :-k

Maybe they had some ressources cause of the mild winter and decide to make the bridge without taking it in the offical internal rehab plan.
I live in a very small federal state of my state and there´s always not much money. But cause the mild winter of last year they start to "rehab" the whole bigger streets and motorways without big planing details. But now its all new :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

As raptor said you can still get great photos of the castle. Better that they fix this problem then what i hope would never be the case of the bridge breaking or collapsing. Ovbiously they would never let it get to this state.  :P

mehdi5

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'm talking about the internal rehab schedule, not the one on the website.  All rehabs are mentioned on that.
Sorry, little mistake by me :wink:

Kristof

QuoteWhich was the horror-stories? I´m on the wrong track. Confused :shock: :-k

Let me say that they have been worried about the bridge for quite some time now.

Riebi

Oh so I hope they will fix the problems from the basics and do not just a new color scheme [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Patrick

All I can say is about time, now just hope this means also that at the latest come March 2009 they actually refurbish the whole castle completely :) .

Owain

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"All I can say is about time, now just hope this means also that at the latest come March 2009 they actually refurbish the whole castle completely :) .
I agree totaly !
Fix and Re-paint the castle too !