Have you ever been evacuated?

Started by Kristof, February 01, 2008, 07:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamperoony

I don't know if it was the occaision that RockNroller refers to above, but we were once evacuated from POTC (I think it was Halloween 2005 or 2006). Our boat "Stalled" on the main up ramp and we just had to wait there stuck at quite an angle while the cast members organised the evacuation. We didn't mind much except it was towards the end of our stay so we didn't have time to go back and make up for the ride we lost.

The Butlin Boy

None....yet? :roll:

sclubpooh

I have been evacuated from Rock N Roller Coaster,  near the very top! :oops:

The music went off a couple of times and the car stopped.  The lights came on and we sat there for about 3 or 4 minutes when a couple of cast members climbed up to us.

They talked to everybody individually about what would happen and then started at the front and evacuated everybody one by one - we had to stand to one side until everybody was out of the cars.  We were then led led in a long line down to the ground.  Unfortunately one person had a bad asthma attack because of the dry ice and needed medical attention before she could be evacuated.

One thing I noticed is that my hands were absolutely black when I got out and it took ages to get them clean - I assume it was residue from the dry ice!

Pirata

Kristof

Tnx but...

Quote from: "magicforum rules"» Just posting a photo doesn't make much sense, as everyone is interested in your opinion about it as well!

What happened, when was it taken, where you in it? etc.

Off topic, do you happen to have a digital reflex camera?

Pirata

Quote from: "raptor1982"Tnx but...

Quote from: "magicforum rules"» Just posting a photo doesn't make much sense, as everyone is interested in your opinion about it as well!

What happened, when was it taken, where you in it? etc.

Off topic, do you happen to have a digital reflex camera?

It was taken last Saturday, in the morning, when I was taking pictures of both the Nautilus and the cannon at the same time. I was trying to catch the takeoff at Space Mountain. And I waited... and waited... till I saw the people walking there. I shot some pictures. This is the best I got. And yes, it was taken with a digital reflex camera: a Canon 350D.

RnRCj

Quote from: "sclubpooh"I have been evacuated from Rock N Roller Coaster,  near the very top! :oops:

The music went off a couple of times and the car stopped.  The lights came on and we sat there for about 3 or 4 minutes when a couple of cast members climbed up to us.

They talked to everybody individually about what would happen and then started at the front and evacuated everybody one by one - we had to stand to one side until everybody was out of the cars.  We were then led led in a long line down to the ground.  Unfortunately one person had a bad asthma attack because of the dry ice and needed medical attention before she could be evacuated.

One thing I noticed is that my hands were absolutely black when I got out and it took ages to get them clean - I assume it was residue from the dry ice!

Wow! :shock:  That would truly be my dream come true! I hope that happens to me when I go next month! :P

I don't understand it - I've been on so many rides and roller coasters at loads of different parks yet I have never been evacuated of anything!

Kristof

Quote from: "Pirata"It was taken last Saturday, in the morning, when I was taking pictures of both the Nautilus and the cannon at the same time. I was trying to catch the takeoff at Space Mountain. And I waited... and waited... till I saw the people walking there. I shot some pictures. This is the best I got. And yes, it was taken with a digital reflex camera: a Canon 350D.

Ok, well you often see cast members walk up in the cannon when it's in 101 or in the morning, when you're waiting at the Discoveryland entrance before the rope drop.

I noticed you had a dslr, since you have quite some dust on your sensor.  I had some on my sony alpha so purchased a Giottos' Rocket Blower last week, which is awesome to clean the sensor.

sebirduk

Hi

Last Nov We were in Snow White and the car stopped for 5 minutes no body else there then a cast member came and walked us out when all the house lights were on.

It was even more scary for my young daughter

Brervixen

I've been evacuated off the Haunted House in Alton Towers does that count  :lol:

Never been off a Disney ride, been stuck for a while on the HM and Splash Mountain, Universe of Energy and Spaceship Earth.
Well Br\'er Rabbit, looks like I\'m gonna have to SKIN ya!

Dlrpfan

I have never been evacuated in all my 10 years of going too Disney Parks! I was however 1st in line too WDW's Space mountain but that was evacuated before we got inside
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

frau smee

hi we got back on sat me and my hubby was on crush last week it broke down we was right at the highest point it was scary two cast members came to us secured the shell and walked us down there was two french girls on the seats behind us they were taking pics we got a fastpass ticket  :roll:

RnRCj

I finally got the evacuation off Rock'n'Roller Coaster that I wanted!

We boarded the Soundtracker, it went round to the launch area, but then we just sat there for ages! Eventually all the lights came on, and the CM's unloaded us off the train from the front. We then had to walk back round to the loading platform and after a few tests all the lights went off again and we got our ride. :lol:

I would rather have been evacuated from the actual roller coaster part, but at least this was something!

cinders

never been evacuated off a ride but out of hotel cheyenne in 2003 does that count !??:S well some one left a suitcase unattended no name or address on it was padlocked so we were asked to leave the hotel lobby while the fire brigade and police inspected it !!

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

Kimbollez

I have been twice, but no evacuations yet...
I was about to que up for Peter Pan's Flight, but it stopped working as i said "Oh Let's Go On Peter Pan's Flight!!" So, i dunno if it count's... as we were moved away from the que, but not the actully ride, we hadn't even joind the que yet...

But i was kinda scared how i just said I wanted to go on it, and all of a sudden it stopped...
"Off to NeverLand!"
"Oh the Cleverness of Me!!"
Tick Tock Tick Tock... RUN MAN!! RUN!!!!!!

Peter Pan =D