Have you ever been evacuated?

Started by Kristof, February 01, 2008, 07:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Have you ever been evacuated from an attraction at either park?

Of all times I've been at the resort (and that's A LOT), it happened only once to me, and it was pretty cool too...  We were evacuated from the Columbiad cannon in Space Mountain!  The train stayed in the cannon for quite some time in the cannon until suddenly a door opened and a cast member secured herself to the railing and helped us one by one out of the train.   8)

Only actual evacuations count.  Getting stuck for some time is not the same thing.  :wink:

madame_leota

yep, i have also been exacuated from space mountain.

just before the asteroid explsion bit the car stopted, we were in there for a fair while and they turned all the lights on and got everyone out. needless to say i was scared stiff as swinging from a suspended starcase thats made from a wire mesh type thing is NOT my idea of a good time! i didnt even manage to get any pics for fear of my life and clutching the rail so tight i could barley move my hand and it practicly stayed clenched for a week!! :lol:

also pirates but i wasnt actualy on the ride just in the inside queing area

toonarmylass

i got evacuated from crush's coaster. we were just going up the submarines it stopped we were there for ten minutes then some came and got us. they did give us a pass to get back on it when it when it was fixed!!! nice of them i think lol

speedpacket

I was evacuated from Space Mountain Mission 1 (where you now have the asteroid explosion in mission 2...), from Indiana Jones (twice, one of which when it went backwards: both on the same location (second safety break section at the top...), once from RnRC (didn't have enough speed, so breaks came into place right before the loop at the launch), and once from Star Tours...

So I have been pretty fortunate to experience some of them LOL
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

RnRCj

Quote from: "speedpacket"once from RnRC (didn't have enough speed, so breaks came into place right before the loop at the launch)

I would pay to have that happen to me! :o :P  I've never been evacuated from anything. :(

-breeno-

I've never been evacuated from an attraction but i did have to wait ages in Phantom Manor because it broke down, i was in the bit just after the strech room, where the changing pictures are.  They had the emergency lights on and people wanted to get off but we stayed.  Eventually the ride started working again and the lights were swicthed off,  there was a big cheer from everyone then :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

I was evacuated from Crush's Coaster last summer. I was in the actual coaster part when it stopped at a brake point and the house lights came on. I was scared stiff because of the height plus when I seen some of the bends and drops  :shock:  We could see CM's going to all the separate cars and pushing them one by one, they then done that to ours and i'm not joking it was sooooo scary but when we got down and out they offered us a fastpass thing so we could get on quickly when it started working again.
!Magic Everywhere

skalos

Quote from: "Its Just Like I DreamedIt"I was evacuated from Crush's Coaster last summer. I was in the actual coaster part when it stopped at a brake point and the house lights came on. I was scared stiff because of the height plus when I seen some of the bends and drops  :shock:  We could see CM's going to all the separate cars and pushing them one by one, they then done that to ours and i'm not joking it was sooooo scary but when we got down and out they offered us a fastpass thing so we could get on quickly when it started working again.

This sounds scary!!! I hope nothing like this is going to happen to me!!

How was crush with the lights on???

RockNRoller

Came so close once on POTC. As we were told which boat to get into I said to my wife "I'd love to be on this when it stops, seeing everything back stage would be fantastic" and lo and behold as I put my foot out to get on board the lights came on and the attraction was closed. We had to walk straight across the boat and out the normal exit.
Better luck next time.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Nicholas-c

we sat down in SM once and then were unloaded straight away.

and then their was RnRC, went round the corner... 3... 2... 1... ... ... ... its broke!

still dont think these count ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Quote from: "skalos"This sounds scary!!! I hope nothing like this is going to happen to me!!

How was crush with the lights on???

I don't know how to describe it because it's scary when it's dark, your spining and you don't know where you are and it's also scary when you see the height of the drops and steepness of the corners when the lights are on, I would say they were on equal par
!Magic Everywhere

mehdi5

Iv'e been evacuated a few times.
Space Mountain: Mission 2 at the supernova part.
Crush's Coaster at the top of the lifthill and once at the first brake in the coaster part, didn't think it was scary, i'm not afraid of heights and iv'e ridden the outdoor version at Drievliet in the Netherlands so i knew the exact height of the part we stopped.
I got vids of the evacuations somewhere on a cd but can't find them at the moment :(
EDIT: found the vids :mrgreen:

J Worthington Foulfellow

It's never happened to me, but we were stuck on Big Thunder Mountain a very long time when we went in December 05 - it was going uphill inside the mountain where the dynamite is going off in front of us.  Although we weren't evacuated, a cast member did come out to speak to us twice to tell us to stay where we were, and that they would sort out the problem as soon as they could.

Also a friend told me that they were all evacuated from Honey I Shrunk The Audience because a bag had been left unattended  :?
Mesdames et Messieurs, et vous, les enfants....

DLRP August 93, August 97, September 01, June 04, December 05, August 07

Riebi

I hadn´t ever an evacuation experience  :lol:

But from what I read it seems to be a own attraction. Maybe DLRP should build an evacuation attraction.  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RocketBabyDoll

I was evacuated from RnRC one. It was right at the end, so I didn't miss anything. After a few minutes cast members got us out. I thought they would just walk us to the usual unload area, but instead we went the other way and back to the rollercoaster part. Was really cool seeing all that with the lights on and going out to the parking lot and entering the park through a side door.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you