Our castle in any future Disney park?

Started by Kristof, June 24, 2005, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I was reading today an article about a possible Australian Disney themepark.  Now I was wondering, would our castle ever be re-used in any future themepark?   :?:

Anthony

On one hand, I really really don't want it to be, but then again I think if the location is right then it might be OK.  I'd still hate the park which copied it right away though, just like I dislike WDW a bit now they've copied Moteurs Action.  :)

For a Disney park in Australia, I think a Cinderella Castle would work better.  Le Chateau just feels too European and too ornate, plus the colours work much better in our kind of climate.  So to conclude, not only do I not want our castle copied, but I don't think it'll even happen, either.

Another reason could be that Le Chateau must have been VERY expensive, and Disney have apparently "learnt from their mistakes" now and aren't spending too much when they open parks/resorts...

Kristof

Don't forget that le Chateau is also the symbol of Eurodisney and it's history...

Patrick

I don't think this would ever work, but they seem to have made it happen and kinda look good in Hong Kong, so how about another old English dominated area :lol: .  Although really do people around there want a new one, since geographically people can get to Tokyo and Hong Kong quite a bit easier if you think about it so that percentage of custom would be taken away from them, and Disneyland Australia would gain it, but all in all the Walt Disney Company would end up paying more due to Hong Kong and Australia needing rides and parks every couple of years, so to me it would be better and more financially secure to just keep it to Hong Kong and ignore Australia.  Wow did I just place an argument :lol:
Well castle wise, no le Chateau would never do, I say give them a brand new one, that maybe has something to do with a Disney movie from a more New World type movie, not like there are any apart from Pocohontas, so I say original idea about something completely new if they would want people to come since Sleeping beauty and Cinderella both have homes in Hong Kong and Tokyo :wink: .

Anthony

Yeah that's a really good point, it's such an iconic thing for the park, the resort and its history that it shouldn't, and hopefully won't, be copied.  Compared to the other castles it seems so unique and such a part of DLRP that if it was copied it just wouldn't work - the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella castles are less ornate and less tied to their locations, meaning they seem quite generic to a DLRP fan and can also be duplicated without any problems.  If they used Le Chateau for an Australian park, for example, I think they'd be going too over-the-top.  It was designed so much with Europe and particularly France in mind that I now think it just couldn't work if it was copied.

Also, as a general rule I think Disney needs to start being really careful about what it's cloning and where it's putting it.  A major example of this from what I've seen of it is Lights! Motors! Action!.  It's such an exact clone of the WDS attraction that it doesn't fit properly in D-MGM Florida at all.  Disney obviously didn't realise just how different the styles of WDS and D-MGM are...

Looks rubbish, doesn't it?  It just seems completely out of place on the edge of the park, and there's no kind of "icon" to be seen like there is in the WDS version (bell tower) - the original layout of the stunt arena was best...

Not a lot different, but it fits into it's surroundings far better and just a simple thing like having the layout designed so that the bell tower is in the background really makes a difference...

Perhaps WDW have plans to continue to change the area about "LMA", but for me it already seems like a good example of something which shouldn't have been duplicated.  The same goes for Le Chateau - it's just so absolutely 100% designed for its original location that it CAN'T be put anywhere else!

Great topic idea Raptor, it certainly got me thinking anyway - I hope I've not used up all possible discussion about it in just 2 (very long) posts...  :lol:

Masamune

:) Maybe a totally new castle would be nice...Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris both have Sleeping Beauty castles, and Disneyworld and Tokyo Disneyland both have Cinderella castles... :D I think Belle's (well, technically Beast's/Prince Vincent's castle) would be nice...

Kristof

I predict it will be the cheapest of 'm all!! Rapunzel's tower...  :P

Jorien

LOL!!!!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: