Toy Story 3 (Pixar 2010)

Started by Kristof, June 23, 2005, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Well, I thought the trailer was just fantastic, really evoked the feeling of teh first two, with the hummor and style.

That said, here is a question, the actual animation, is it me or does that look slightly dated? If so, is this intended to keep it looking like the original 2? Toy Story 2 was realeased in 1999, ten years ago, and animation has developed so much since then. Look at paris in Ratatouille, the detail in Wall:e.

when I watched these, I always thought how cool it would be to see the "painting come to life" detail applied to Toy Story.

This trailer didnt seem to have that? I know its a basic trailer, but the wooden floor looked as if it fitted in the first two films, rather that what is possible now?

Im not wanting to sound negative, because I think the trailer is great, Im just wondering if the look is intended, or I am wrong here? (when the lights go out, that shows promise, that looks of a new standard)

Captain Pan

12 months and Counting...

One trailer... only another 5 or so to come... Great Comical trailer... Couldn't see the difference in certain characters voices since the death of their voices, Where was Bo? Couldn't miss the appearance of Ratzenberger even if its for a second!

Quote from: "DisneyDavid2009"I am definitely looking forward to when the film releases which will be months after the June 18 US release.

ACTUALLY: 23 July 2010 (UK)
imdb.com
and failure to receive it in July will see a Nuclear reaction that rivals even North Korea's!  

Lee instead of John at the directors Chair and if this is what he's churning out since his days as Co-Directors... Cinema July 2010... Whoopie!!! Bring it on!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"ACTUALLY: 23 July 2010 (UK)
imdb.com
and failure to receive it in July will see a Nuclear reaction that rivals even North Korea's!

:evil:  :x  :evil:  :x

Why do we have to get it over a month later than America. For a film like Toy Story 3 especially, I really do think that it should have a world wide release on the same day to keep the hype up

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"ACTUALLY: 23 July 2010 (UK)
imdb.com

:evil:  :x  :evil:  :x

Why do we have to get it over a month later than America. For a film like Toy Story 3 especially, I really do think that it should have a world wide release on the same day to keep the hype up

Very true... but compared with Up's 4-5 month wait... Just over 30 days isn't exactly bad...

Worldwide releases would be great... but Obviously Disney Can't be bothered and would rather screw over their fans in anticipation... and COnsidering what Disney did with Bolt... With Lasseter hitting literally ALL of the Breakfast and Kids Programming, maybe Unkrich can expect to do the same thing... or Maybe we'll get more John in the UK at that time...

Maybe Lasseter will give us World Wide Releases... sometime in the future!

Owain

Quote from: "peep"We have a Teaser Trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link

I think it's so cool, shame there is no footage from the film but it still is early days.

AHHHHHHHHHHH, have to go watch NOW ! :shock:

Edit: Watched it now, even the teaser trailer is great. I have such high expectations for this film !  :D

luke85

What a great teaser! Totally agree with previous posters, it really captures the magic of the first 2 movies! I might have to watch the first 2 now, it's refreshed my interest in them! It's even made me slightly more excited about Toy Story Playland! (please don't hurt me...)

Anthony

Official website is online! http://disney.go.com/toystory/

Love the shiny new 3D logo. I was wondering if they'd update the very "1995" old one, and it was very clever to do it through the teaser trailer, rather than just have it appear and us assume "uh, the marketing guys said we had to jazz it up".

Quote from: "luke85"It's even made me slightly more excited about Toy Story Playland! (please don't hurt me...)
No, no! It's great to think the resort will have such a great tie-in after missing so many with Pirates, etc. I just hope when the UK/Europe advertising starts to appear it has a little Disneyland Paris cross-promotion somewhere, like they used to do back in the 90s...

Nicholas-c

The official trailer is online @ Apple Trailers Site !!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/toystory3/hd/

August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Maarten

Nice teaser trailer! It captures the mood of the first two films quite well I think.

Just one detail; where are Bo-Peep, her sheep and Wheezy the penguin? Otherwise the gang would be complete I suppose.  :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Maarten"Nice teaser trailer! It captures the mood of the first two films quite well I think.

Just one detail; where are Bo-Peep, her sheep and Wheezy the penguin? Otherwise the gang would be complete I suppose.  :wink:

Bo has been a character Many of my collegues on Pixar Plannet have been wondering about Maarten considering she is Woody's Girl... Wheezy however there may be one (or should that be 2 reasons)

Voice of Wheezy, Joe Ranft, Pixar Legend and many a voice in Pixar Movies (Hemlich, Red, Wheezy to name a few) Died during the Production of Cars and as a result is dedicated to the Legend just after the Cinema Sketches with Mack and John Ratzenberger's roles.

Now Randy Newman gave the Vocals of You Got A Friend in me on Toy Story... But when surrounded by Barbies and fitted with a new squeaker Wheezy was given the Singing Voice of Robert Goulet (Who Also Provides the Singing Voice for Mikey in RECESS) Robert Goulet passed away not to long ago.

Its still possible Wheezy could return fitted with another "New" Squeaker and be given 2 totally differing voices under Unkrich in his first Solo shot in the Directors Chair following his position as Co- with Lasseter on "Toy Story 2", alongside "Up" Director Pete Docter's "Monsters Inc", and with Stanton on his Very Fishy Tale "Finding Nemo".

We shall have to wait till June (if your american) or July 23rd if your a Brit

Owain

Intresting, Walt Disney Studios UK have uploaded the UK trailer and there's something different.......

[youtube:22is0jlj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eZHc-8aqMA[/youtube:22is0jlj]

[spoiler:22is0jlj]Yep, thats right! They didnt give a specific date  :( Lets just hope it is July 23rd![/spoiler:22is0jlj]

Agent Lex

Did Youtube just suddenly go down when you made that post? :( I was watching a video not 10 minutes ago, but now Youtube just will not load :/

luke85

Quote from: "Agent Lex"Did Youtube just suddenly go down when you made that post? :( I was watching a video not 10 minutes ago, but now Youtube just will not load :/
nor will mine :(

Owain

Its working for me, try again  :)

The Butlin Boy

It works for me too, unfortunately I kind of wish it didn't, because it's quite sad to see the ending :(