Toy Story 3 (Pixar 2010)

Started by Kristof, June 23, 2005, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

From http://www.mickeynews.com

QuoteEntertainment giant Walt Disney Co will release the third episode of its hit Toy Story films in mid-2008 following its divorce from animator Pixar, the industry press said today.
But even as the house of Mickey Mouse announced it would release Toy Story 3 without Pixar Animation Studios, the two firms are rekindling talks to renew their Oscar-winning production deal, Daily Variety said.

If the deal between the two powerhouses is not renewed, Toy Story 3 would be the first in the series to be produced and distributed by Disney alone after talks about renewing the 10-year deal collapsed last year.

Disney Consumer Products chair Andy Mooney announced that the company would take up its option of producing sequels to movies produced under the deal with Pixar at a meeting in New York, Variety said.

The film would hit US screens in three years time, 13 years after 1995's original Toy Story, the tale of a boy's toys that have lives of their own, the daily reported.

The Toy Story movies were among the early blockbuster hits born of a 10-year collaboration between Disney and Pixar that has raked in $US2.6 billion ($A3.34 billion) at the box office.

Kristof

well well well  :lol:

Quote from: "IMDB.com"'Toy Story 3' Scrapped
 Pixar and Disney have announced they have cancelled plans to make a third installment of the popular Toy Story movies. Studio executives decided the script wasn't up to the standard the previous movies had set and didn't want to make the film with a less than stellar storyline, according to Moviehole.net. The third installment would have featured animated toy astronaut Buzz Lightyear getting recalled to Taiwan after a series of malfunctions.

Anthony

The Disney/Pixar deal just gets better and better!  :D  :D  :D

Anthony

I should have updated this topic... incase you missed the news - Toy Story 3 is back on!  No need to worry though, Pixar are involved.  :wink:

From http://www.animated-news.com :

QuoteAllen talks Toy Story 3

While promoting The Shaggy Dog, Tim Allen was asked by Latino Review if he would be involved in Toy Story 3. "You bet. I've been looking forward to this," Allen answered. "I think Pixar and Disney are made for each other. Pixar's got certain qualities that Disney doesn't have, and Disney has this wonderful ability to put stuff together... They really, truly want the best for all of our entertainment dollars. They really want things to be this pipe of genuine comedy and genuine emotion. It's really rare in a company."

Nala_84

Yay, Toy Story 3!! I didn't know it would ever come back again!! But I love all the Disney/Pixar-Films. They could also make a... continuation?!... "Fortsetzung" of Finding Nemo or Monsters, Inc., too ;)

Does anyone know more about "The Wild"? This is without Pixar, sin't it?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Animated-News.com"Allen talks Toy Story 3

Speaking with the The National Ledger, Tim Allen refers briefly to Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3. "It's going to be great," comments the voice of Buzz Lightyear himself. "We have John Lasseter, the original director, and I believe Tom [Hanks] is on board." Allen further describes the current version of Toy Story 3 as being "stronger" than the previous one planned by Disney's now-defunct Circle 7 Animation.
from http://www.Animated-News.com

Kristof

The latest news from http://www.imdb.com

QuoteDisney To Release 'Toy Story 3' in 2009
John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Disney Animation, has apparently dropped his opposition to a second Toy Story sequel, confirming Thursday that Toy Story 3 is currently being developed for release in 2009. He said it will be directed by Lee Unkrich, co-director of Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo. One of Lasseter's first acts following the Disney-Pixar merger last year was to scrap Disney's separate plans for sequels to Pixar's hits. In an interview with Fortune, he said at the time, "I loved these characters that we have created. They're like family, like children. And if we didn't get a deal, Disney would own our children. Who knew what they would do? These were the people that put out Cinderella II." On Thursday, Lasseter remarked, "The greatest thing about the merger of the two companies is that the creators of Toy Story 1 and 2 can make 3 with the story that we wanted."

Anthony

And the screenplay is by the same person who did Little Miss Sunshine!  This could be good! :D

Owain

I was thinking the other day that there should be a Toy Story 3 as most films that have 2 films carry on to have a trilogy !  :)

shell_ely

yeah toy story 3 great  :D
would also love too see a bugs life 2 , i loved  flik  :P

Kristof

Logo (not surprising though...)

Nala_84

:lol: Hehe yes, not really surprising ;) I can't wait to see the first visuals of the film...

Yesterday I watched Finding Nemo on free tv. They could make a second part of the film  8)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Disneyana

I hope they will do a second part of Cars some time. I want to know how it's going on with Lightning and Radiator Springs. Oh I just love Cars !  :lol:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

The Butlin Boy

Comingsoon.net has some info on Toy Story 3:

QuoteToy Story 3 (2010)

Originality is a Pixar hallmark. None of the company's films have been based on fairy tales or novels, and only "Toy Story" has spawned sequels. Why a third adventure for Woody (Tom Hanks) and Buzz (Tim Allen)? "We got an idea we thought would be really great," says Lee Unkrich, who co-directed "Toy Story 2" and "Finding Nemo" and graduates to full director status here. "We're just starting to write the story," he confides, adding, "I wake up every morning hoping for a eureka moment." He and the Brain Trust have already had one inspiration: they've asked Randy Newman to write the score. Or was that a no-brainer?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20924

Anonymous

I'm really fed up of 3D animation. I think it's vastly overrated and can't wait for the return of traditional 2D animation. I think it's amusing that they talk about originality while working on Toy Story 3!