World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "never2old"The shop looks gorgeous, I'm loving all the pictures going around twitter from yesterday's CM opening!! Can't wait to see it for myself in September... Nicolai, you have to take LOTS of pictures for us!!

I hope it will be open for soft openings, so I can visit too! Otherwise I will still get loads of photos of the exterior =]

If I get to visit I will no doubt do a wee bit of live tweeting - follow here: https://twitter.com/#!/nclka_DLP ;)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

DLP-Photos.com

I did get to see the World of Disney and also visit it and burn down my credit card in it... Taken from my trip report is a little review here and loads of photos of the store. Enjoy!

From the moment you see it, you know that no matter what they sell this a shopping experience of another class than the rest of Disney Village! The exterior is aestethic and majestic - this is the new "king" of Disney Village. Whether you are entering through the side entrances or the main entrance you are immediately walking into the big store that basically is just one big room. The main entrance has its own beautiful blue star ceiling while the middle of the store is dominated by the big blue ceiling and the iconic hot air balloon centre piece featuring Mickey, Minnie and Pluto traveling the world. Around the ceiling are the beautiful mural paintings featuring all the corners off the world represented by your favourite Disney characters! Absolutely beautiful and the interior in general is very detailed and classy. Take your time to walk the store without looking at the merchandise and you will see all these beautiful details.

Of course it is a store and the merchandise is a central part of the store. A lot of the merchandise is the "ordinary" stuff you find in most of the shops. However, you will also find a couple of lovely store exclusive series including the Disney by Britto pop art series and some World of Disney merchandise including currently four of the mural paintings in a limited numbered edition (500 prints of each - 69€ for each painting). This range of merchandise combined with the general look and feel of the store makes this THE place to do your shopping. It is very open and has a lot of space in between the merchandise, so you never get the Emporium-feeling of being packed like sardines in a tin. A nice, relaxing shopping experience, which in the end helps Disney, because it without a doubt leaves you with more desire to explore the store probably resulting in you buying more. A very fitting and beautiful flagship store for the "new" Disney Village! As promised here is a lot of photos of the new store:

/Nicolai

esmeralda

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm so excited to see it soon!!!!
Julia

DLP-Photos.com

You should be excited! But a warning it can be expensive - I used a little more than 130€ in there in one visit... But then again how can you say no to these paintings?

/Nicolai

Josh

Great photos! There's some merchandise in there that I really want to buy. It looks like it's going to be the big success that EDSCA wanted it to be. :)

Did you find it ever got too crowded while you were in there?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Josh"Did you find it ever got too crowded while you were in there?

No even though it was packed in the resort and the store, it never felt crowded in the way that Emporium for instance can be... There is most merchandise in the outer parts of the store the closer you get to the centre the lesser merchandise. I think this helps producing the large amount of space that it always feels like there is room for you. A pleasant shopping experience compared to many of the other resort shops.
/Nicolai

mickeyspal

Love the photos, cant wait to see for myself, better bring extra money cos I think I'll spending more than expected. :D/
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

esmeralda

These paintings are really beautiful!! I totally understand you could'nt resist. They are limited, right?
Julia

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "esmeralda"These paintings are really beautiful!! I totally understand you could'nt resist. They are limited, right?

Yeah, they are limited to 500 pieces of each painting!

At the moment they sell these four paintings, but I do not know if they plan on releasing more:

/Nicolai

Josh

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "Josh"Did you find it ever got too crowded while you were in there?
No even though it was packed in the resort and the store, it never felt crowded in the way that Emporium for instance can be... There is most merchandise in the outer parts of the store the closer you get to the centre the lesser merchandise. I think this helps producing the large amount of space that it always feels like there is room for you. A pleasant shopping experience compared to many of the other resort shops.
Great. :D It's like literally everything has been thought out.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

never2old

That looks incredible!!! Very jealous of your painting... I want them all!! Though if they only have 500 of each, I doubt there'll be any left when we go in September :(

Looks like the kind of shop I could spend DAYS in... Gorgeous. And, as always, stunning pictures... Thanks!!

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "never2old"That looks incredible!!! Very jealous of your painting... I want them all!! Though if they only have 500 of each, I doubt there'll be any left when we go in September :(

Looks like the kind of shop I could spend DAYS in... Gorgeous. And, as always, stunning pictures... Thanks!!

Thank you - maybe try the mail order service?

(They only had a few on display at a time, so I guess the stock won't be used quite as fast as one should think!
/Nicolai

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "forza_united"I did get to see the World of Disney and also visit it and burn down my credit card in it... Taken from my trip report is a little review here and loads of photos of the store. Enjoy!

From the moment you see it, you know that no matter what they sell this a shopping experience of another class than the rest of Disney Village! The exterior is aestethic and majestic - this is the new "king" of Disney Village. Whether you are entering through the side entrances or the main entrance you are immediately walking into the big store that basically is just one big room. The main entrance has its own beautiful blue star ceiling while the middle of the store is dominated by the big blue ceiling and the iconic hot air balloon centre piece featuring Mickey, Minnie and Pluto traveling the world. Around the ceiling are the beautiful mural paintings featuring all the corners off the world represented by your favourite Disney characters! Absolutely beautiful and the interior in general is very detailed and classy. Take your time to walk the store without looking at the merchandise and you will see all these beautiful details.

Of course it is a store and the merchandise is a central part of the store. A lot of the merchandise is the "ordinary" stuff you find in most of the shops. However, you will also find a couple of lovely store exclusive series including the Disney by Britto pop art series and some World of Disney merchandise including currently four of the mural paintings in a limited numbered edition (500 prints of each - 69€ for each painting). This range of merchandise combined with the general look and feel of the store makes this THE place to do your shopping. It is very open and has a lot of space in between the merchandise, so you never get the Emporium-feeling of being packed like sardines in a tin. A nice, relaxing shopping experience, which in the end helps Disney, because it without a doubt leaves you with more desire to explore the store probably resulting in you buying more. A very fitting and beautiful flagship store for the "new" Disney Village! As promised here is a lot of photos of the new store:

Great pics bro! Thanks for uploading  :D

ulak

Can we see some video about official opening ceremony of World of Disney, please?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Maarten

Personally, I was a bit dissapointed by the merchandising offerings. Yes, the store is beautiful (in fact, I liked it better than World of Disney in Orlando) and there are some nice products available, but the majority of the offerings were ordinairy. Merchandising of the other resorts can't be found, and the multimedia section (books, DVD's, CD's) which was feautured on a plan recently is non-exsistant. However, the store still a nice addition to Disney Village and it's promising for the future.

The globe on top of the building didn't turn on my entire visit. Hopefully it won't suffer the same faith as the Columbiad canon.