World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It's likely to be in the first quarter of 2012, so the wait shouldn't be long.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Hilary

When I was walking to the Park on Thursday I saw a certain pixie being lowered into the construction site.  Managed to get a quick photo before she disappeared - unfortunately our internet has been down since I got home (and I have sooooo many photos to upload!) but will try and post a picture this evening.

Edit: Here she is.  I was too slow to get my telephoto lens out but I guess we'll be seeing plenty more of her in the future!

Martyn

Ok, err, surely its a bit too soon for that kind of detail?

pussinboots

Yes, I think it's finished now. The pièce de résistance. Tadaah.

Perhaps the globe structure is so large that it has to be assembled first, like the top of the Chrysler Building, and the building will be finished around it. I'm intrigued now.

dagobert

After the Disneyland Hotel, the new WoD Store also gets a Tinkerbell. At least she is gone from the castle. Otherwise there would have been three Tinkerbells within 500m.

She looks good, but I would have preferred something else.

Patrick

Nice detail to add so early on in construction, has anyone noticed that she looks extremely alike to the one that donned the castle for the past 3 years? ;)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"After the Disneyland Hotel, the new WoD Store also gets a Tinkerbell. At least she is gone from the castle. Otherwise there would have been three Tinkerbells within 500m.

She looks good, but I would have preferred something else.

Well to be fair, tinkerbell is the official mascot of the original Disneyland. The reason being is she always started the TV show for Disneyland, the World of Color and the Wonderful World of Disney. When Disneyland opened, she stuck as the official logo after the castle, and that has carried over to Paris. I think it appropriate.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

I admit that there are hardly any characters who could be used for WoDS. It would look bad if Mickey Mouse or Goofy would be placed on top. Since Tinkerbell is the inofficial maskot of the whole TWDC, she is indeed perfect for the store. Honestly I can't think of any other character to be placed on top.

paterdave2

Quote from: "Patrick"Nice detail to add so early on in construction, has anyone noticed that she looks extremely alike to the one that donned the castle for the past 3 years? ;)

I think it is the same one. They removed her from the castle so now they have a fairy to spare.(I think it is good if they really do recycle her)
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

dagobert

Here's a new picture by Disney Gazette:

http://www.disneygazette.fr/retour-big- ... s-511.html

Josh

It looks like most of their work is internal now. I haven't seen any roofs going up. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

davewasbaloo

I still cannot believe how small it is compared to the US stores. It will be interesting to see if it is 2 levels.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I still cannot believe how small it is compared to the US stores. It will be interesting to see if it is 2 levels.

Hopefully it will have two floors, because it looks a lot smaller than the current Disney Store.

I only know the WoDS in Florida and the old one on Fifth Ave. in NY, which had also several floors. The one at WDW wasn't that big either.

Since the merchandise selection becamer smaller and smaller in recent years, there is no need for more space.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I still cannot believe how small it is compared to the US stores. It will be interesting to see if it is 2 levels.

Hopefully it will have two floors, because it looks a lot smaller than the current Disney Store.

I only know the WoDS in Florida and the old one on Fifth Ave. in NY, which had also several floors. The one at WDW wasn't that big either.

Since the merchandise selection becamer smaller and smaller in recent years, there is no need for more space.

The Paris one is tiny compared to the Florida, New York and California stores. But you hit the nail on the head, I am worried the merchandise will be the same rubbish they sell everywhere else. One of the cool things about the US WOD stores is they had men's clothes, watches, art work, collectables etc. Things that at DLP are limited. Hopefully they will use this as an opportunity to relaunch their merchandise.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The Paris one is tiny compared to the Florida, New York and California stores. But you hit the nail on the head, I am worried the merchandise will be the same rubbish they sell everywhere else. One of the cool things about the US WOD stores is they had men's clothes, watches, art work, collectables etc. Things that at DLP are limited. Hopefully they will use this as an opportunity to relaunch their merchandise.

Hopefully they will do that, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I was surprised by the merchandise for the 15th birthday, because in my opinion it was alot nicer than what we have seen at WDW. We were so disappointed by the US merchandise that we only bought pins.

There were no artwork, collectibles or watches at the WoDS at DTD. There was an extra shop which offered such things, but it was a bit too expensive for me. The regular WoDS sold the same merchandise that was sold in the parks and in NY.