World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strawjaw

A World of Disney store AND the Earl of Sandwich??? I can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!  :D/
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

paterdave2

Quote from: "dagobert"It seems that the actual shop will get built on this steel structure. I think it will serve as a supporting frame for the train tunnel beneath.

Quote from: "DopeyDad"I would guess it will be lifted up in the future on to pillars to form the first floor myself.

I have to agree with Dagobert.
If they would need to lift this for the first floor they are building it in a very strange way.
The normal way of construction is from the bottoms up.
So this would be the floor.
The only thing I can imagine that the could do is erect it as a side of the building but if that was the case the building would be HUGE!!!!
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Festival Disney

It looks like the steel for the foundation is all in place now, so we should be seeing some vertical construction very soon! :D

Source: Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Not much has been happening over the last week or so (Sun-Fri). On one day I saw that yellow crane airbound, but that was it!

Festival Disney

The crane seems to have dissapeared for now, but there's a lot of cables so they could be installing water?

It really is a huge site  :idea:

And some random lamposts from the hub area behind the fencing have been removed:

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Progress:

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the picture. It seems I am right that this is a support frame for the tunnel beneath.

Is this space between IMAX and WoDS being filled with another building?

Josh

Apparently, that space will be filled by a Disney Village expansion.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/11/04/for ... -projects/
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

That little gap in front of the Gaumont would be the perfect spot for a slightly upmarket bar or café over several floors, just poking out a little further than World of Disney, wouldn't it? I mean look at that view! I really hope it isn't wasted with another blank wall.

DopeyDad

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the picture. It seems I am right that this is a support frame for the tunnel beneath.

lol, I'm really not sure what I was thinking suggesting it may be lifted up to form a first floor, I think vino must have been involved. Quite right Dagobert, that's obviously how you create foundations when you can't dig down because of the track area beneath, doh!  :oops:

Scissorsboi

I love the idea of using that space for a bar, it's make a really nice late night place to go for a drink that isn't with food/heavy music, where you can just relax after a day in the parks. I know when I visit I generally eat in Village and then go to the room and watch tv/shop for a short while. There's nothing for adults to do in Village anymore, so that'd be a wonderful addition.

Sadly, I get the impression it'll be fenced off at both ends and used for storage for the store.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dagobert

A bar would be a very good idea. If Disney doesn't want to operate the bar, I'm sure there would be other companies to build and run it. There is really not much to do for adults at the moment.

Martyn

I really, really like that plan for the new look Village with new hotels tc. Though that little Village expansion area by the Studios looks a bit random.

And are they moving the train station? If so, why?

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"I really, really like that plan for the new look Village with new hotels tc. Though that little Village expansion area by the Studios looks a bit random.

And are they moving the train station? If so, why?
It'd be weirder to leave that space empty, with these tall buildings on the other side.

The TGV building is a long-planned second entrance to the station, presumably for when Val d'Europe development has joined up to this area, allowing people to access the station without having to cross the main esplanade.

Martyn

When you say Val D'Europe development, do you mean more shops?