Soarin' ...in Discoveyland?

Started by chipndalefan, January 01, 2008, 01:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipndalefan

Instead of in the studios, how about Soarin' as a replacement for honet i shrunk the audience? Being in Discoveryland it could be themed like a flying machine like the type Leonardo Devinci designed.

lil-shawn

hmm, nice idea but i think soarin as a replacement for the pizza planet  :)

Owain

Quote from: "lil-shawn"hmm, nice idea but i think soarin as a replacement for the pizza planet  :)

No, i love the pizza planet  :P
And it is very popular

Anthony

Quote from: "chipndalefan"Instead of in the studios, how about Soarin' as a replacement for honet i shrunk the audience? Being in Discoveryland it could be themed like a flying machine like the type Leonardo Devinci designed.
YES!

I think we've talked about this before actually, but it would be such a natural replacement (in both theme and size) for the two Star Tours and HISTA buildings.  Then move Star Tours to WDS with its sequel et voila... perfect. Visionaries back in Discoveryland and a major movie franchise for the studios.

They could give Discoveryland RR Station a more victorian-futuristic style at the same time.

ightenhill

Sounds good, but then again anything would be a good replacement for pizza plastic :D
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

penfold12

Can we start a campagine for this!!

Just imagine what it would do for both areas, a new attarction in Disneyland Park, that would fit so well both space wise and theme wise. Then Star Tours where is should be in the Studios, making the Studios as much of a must see as Disneyland Park, to so many other people. Oh, and we get the rumoured digital update of Star Tours. Everyones a winner. Best Idea in ages

Japper

But how is Star Tours 2 different than Star Tours 1? Isn't it much cheaper to update Star Tours on the position where it is know?

Owain

Off topic but; I think that having it in HISTA would be a good idea as i really dont like that ride anymore. When i went in march air pipes were broken, headphones and water spray and i really didnt enjoy it.

-breeno-

I agree with Owain, i think if they got rid of HISTA and replaced it with Soarin' would be a great idea :D   But if they were to make a new Star Tours in WDS, they should keep the current one thats in Disneyland Park, as well.  Star Tours is a great ride and is too good to lose (even if there is a new one in WDS).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

I posted something like this on another post on this forum a while ago, I said that Soarin' should replace HISTA and Star Tours in Discoveryland and they are moved to the Studios where they open Star Tours 2 and Mickey's Philharmagic. Unfortunately, I think that if they do open Soarin', it will be in the Studios, although two new attractions in the Studios would be better than one :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I posted something like this on another post on this forum a while ago, I said that Soarin' should replace HISTA and Star Tours in Discoveryland and they are moved to the Studios where they open Star Tours 2 and Mickey's Philharmagic. Unfortunately, I think that if they do open Soarin', it will be in the Studios, although two new attractions in the Studios would be better than one :wink:

I think it would be good to put philarmagic in fantasyland, have soarin where HISTA and star tours is and then add muppet vision 3d to the studios and the update of star tours. I dont think HISTA would be a major loss or the star tours version right now.

kermit

Quote from: "Owain"I think it would be good to put philarmagic in fantasyland, have soarin where HISTA and star tours is and then add muppet vision 3d to the studios and the update of star tours. I dont think HISTA would be a major loss or the star tours version right now.

I totally agree with you but I´m a little concerned as to where the queue would go along. Soarin´at Epcot had a waiting time on dec 31 of more than 300 min (!!!). Just imagine you´re waiting for more than 5 hours (not that I would wait that long  :-" ). I think that they´re standing all the way back to Main Street U.S.A, then.

OFF TOPIC: Has there ever been a waiting time of more than 3 hours at DLRP ? I think even in high season no attraction had a waiting time of more than 3 hours.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

peep

Quote from: "Owain"I think it would be good to put philarmagic in fantasyland, have soarin where HISTA and star tours is and then add muppet vision 3d to the studios and the update of star tours. I dont think HISTA would be a major loss or the star tours version right now.

YES! Omg, that would be brilliant if they did that, it would all fit in so well. I think the muppets would fit into the studios seamlessly too.

I don't really know many peeps that actually like HISTA, its just annoying really. Star Tours is brilliant but I think it would be cool to have it in the Studios backlot instead with the rumoured update.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Haz

Quote from: "peep"

YES! Omg, that would be brilliant if they did that, it would all fit in so well. I think the muppets would fit into the studios seamlessly too.

I don't really know many peeps that actually like HISTA, its just annoying really. Star Tours is brilliant but I think it would be cool to have it in the Studios backlot instead with the rumoured update.
I would love to see this but i can't, i think star tours 2 will go into each park in the same location,cost. I also think the muppet vision needs an upgrade too as it is a bit dated now. I was under the impression that philarmagic was planned for the studios.

I hope it all works out as you write but i think not.
All the Best,

Haz

Fever

If anything, I'd like to see Philarmagic in Fantasyland, even Pooh. Soarin' really isn't that good to replace anything that either park have.
Welcome foolish mortals