Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

I got it, turn the trucks upside down, then it all works out :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Adam"@davewasbaloo - I doubt they would allow that, as that would mean people going backwards.
@Martyn - the arms are there, but no hydraulics to open the doors.

good point, didn't think of that....hmmmm.....maybe they could say it was inspired by Indiana Jones Backwards.  :D
since 2001 (many before that)

SophieD

would it be expensive to fit hydraulic arms or would it be cheaper to buy a new train? :?  :?  :?  :?
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

paterdave2

They are both expencive things to do.
If the change the route I think they also need to rebuild the station but if all rumours on the net are true we can expect they will rebuild the station on an other location or at least in a diffrent theme and add stuff to the stt but I don't know about that.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Festival Disney

Anyone recognise the latest edition to the Tram Tour? ;)

Source: Disney Central Plaza on Facebook
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Hehe thats a neat touch!

15MagicalYears

So that is where he ended up, at least he's not been put in storage somewhere.

davewasbaloo

You've got to be kidding me :(

CafeFantasia

See, I think that kind of decision is really stupid. Toy Story is an animated film, so no physical props were used in the making of it. What's the point of going on a behind the scenes Studio Tram Tour, to end up seeing models of vehicles that weren't even used in films? It doesn't make any sense and just ruins the purpose of the attraction.

The sooner WDS gets rid of the Studio Tram Tour, the better. Seriously, it's an embarrassment.

davewasbaloo

It doesn't have to be Alan, but choices like these ruin it. Epic fail DLP.

ford prefect

Pointless addition to the tour, not impressed!

They could have picked so many other props (even a mock up of Nick Cage's roller from Sorceror's Apprentice) why toon a physical props exhibit?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have that empty hole in the middle where people were meant to stand for the photolocation. It could actually be quite funny to see all those "famous" cars and then RC sitting at the end...

Certainly nice at least to see a film featured that isn't 102 Dalmatians or Pearl Harbor!

Martyn

I really do think its a neat idea. Of course he doesn't fit in, but thats adds to it. There's all these classic/vintage cars, then there's little cheeky RC hiding at the end, as if he's escaped from the Playland.

If it was someone like Lightening McQueen, then it wouldn't have the same affect really. RC has that little cute, cheekiness to him.

Though I agree with Anthony that it would have been better to use the RC from Pizza Planet (Is that still in there, they easily could swap them? And then it would make for easier photo's on RC in Pizza Planet).

CafeFantasia

My question is, why didn't they just put this RC figure somewhere else in Toy Story Playland, such as, within the queue for RC Racer? Why did they give up on using it in Toy Story Playland?

And speaking of Pizza Planet, when are they going to close that restaurant? At the very least they should change the theme to another film, not Toy Story.

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"And speaking of Pizza Planet, when are they going to close that restaurant? At the very least they should change the theme to another film, not Toy Story.
The latest rumour was actually that it would be rebuilt as a proper building (not a tent) sometime this year or next. I'm not sure if that's still a go...