Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

There are new Indiana Jones and Narnia films coming out this year so there is no excuse for lack of ideas :wink:

Timbo

Surely a POTC scene in the tram tour would be an attraction ,based on a film,based on another attraction !! Why not go to Adventureland and ride POTC complete with pirate ships firing cannons over your heads ,isn't that what you wanted !! lol !!

Jayna62

:pluto: There was big queues for this ride but personly I think it is a bit boring .

BlackWolf

Quote from: "Jayna62"I think it is a bit boring .
I have to agree with you there.

It's a bit of a novelty, and the explosion of the cliff-side set is entertaining. However, the rest wasn't of too much interest to me.

The video they were playing (at least when I went) was also unbelievably amateurish and had me cringing at times - it was terrible :(

Javey74

Quote from: "BlackWolf"It's a bit of a novelty, and the explosion of the cliff-side set is entertaining. However, the rest wasn't of too much interest to me.:(

I agree, the explosion has to be the best part.  It needs some more shock surprises as you go round similar to this one.

Nicholas-c

i was talking to my mum about this today

its something you have to go on once, but not something you should do twice, its good, just a long queue for a long ride, takes up alot of time
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

david

The last time i came to the resort was in 2005, have they changed anything with the tram tour since? or is it as disappointing as ever?

Whooo! going in a month!!!! :D/

SOARIN

Quote from: "davidrsykes"The last time i came to the resort was in 2005, have they changed anything with the tram tour since? or is it as disappointing as ever?

Whooo! going in a month!!!! :D/

same question ... my last visit was in the 2005

now i think i find changes on the studio tram tour?

bye

Kristof

If there would have been changes made, it would have been posted in this topic.  :)

Malin

Surely it can only be a matter of time before some needed changes are made to this attraction. Personally I am not a fan of this attraction and would rather the WDS closed this attraction down. Its become dated and as the Studios isn't a real working Studio like Universal Studios Hollywood it kind of becomes rather pointless. I would much rather WDS concentrated on building and investing in attractions that will bring in the crowds like Tower of Terror and Crush.

experiment627

Quote from: "Malin"Surely it can only be a matter of time before some needed changes are made to this attraction. Personally I am not a fan of this attraction and would rather the WDS closed this attraction down. Its become dated and as the Studios isn't a real working Studio like Universal Studios Hollywood it kind of becomes rather pointless. I would much rather WDS concentrated on building and investing in attractions that will bring in the crowds like Tower of Terror and Crush.

...or it could be used as a showcase for recreated (action) scenes from some of Disney's movie franchises that don't lend themselves to fully realized rides due to story constraints. "Narnia" comes to mind... and then there are some great movie franchise opportunities that Disney is working on right now... ("Prince of Persia", "John Carter of Mars", "Lone Ranger", maybe another "Tron"...)

Just dreaming a bit...

pjulie75

I do think there should be more items that are recognisable to young children, so Narnia would be perfect.  I took my kids on and they didn't know what anything was.  Even say a Sally or Ramone.

Malin

Quote from: "pjulie75"I do think there should be more items that are recognisable to young children, so Narnia would be perfect.  I took my kids on and they didn't know what anything was.  Even say a Sally or Ramone.

This is true sets like Dinotopia and Reign on Fire were mild hits back in 2002-2003 and have since long been forgotten about. I havn't been able to work out why more sets and props havn't been sent over to Paris from Disney's latest hit movies and tv shows. I can apreciate some people may enjoy this attraction, especially young kids who get a thrill out of the Catastrophe Canyon scene, but for me it doesn't add anything to the WDS experience, and is actually now days rather boring.

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"...or it could be used as a showcase for recreated (action) scenes from some of Disney's movie franchises that don't lend themselves to fully realized rides due to story constraints. "Narnia" comes to mind... and then there are some great movie franchise opportunities that Disney is working on right now... ("Prince of Persia", "John Carter of Mars", "Lone Ranger", maybe another "Tron"...)

Just dreaming a bit...
Absolutely!! It shouldn't really be that much of a dream though, a few fake film sets can't cost that much?

For Narnia all they need is a lamppost and some kind of fake snow to get people excited...  It'd be a hell of a lot better than the depressing Dinotopia doors. Reign of Fire could also do with a different storyline. No one remembers the film and a lot of people probably miss Irons say "dragons", so to them it might just seem like a rather tasteless recreation of a terrorist attack. The sets should have a bit more of a fantasy element about them to avoid clashing with real world events like that.

The original MGM Studios Europe plans also had a big water tank scene like the pearl harbor pre-show in Florida. It might make quite a good scene to set up a bluescreen set showing how they filmed the Kraken, etc. Now that's dreaming... :wink:

It used to be expected that STT would get a good update around 2008/09... seems to have been forgotten now, worryingly.

Whoknew?

maybe there waiting until the tram tour station needs to be moved and then they reopen stt with some major improvements  :D/