Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

It must be hard for the Paris park to get any-thing good from the Disneyfilms, since the WDW seem to always get them first. Id love to see some POTC stuff, or some Alice In Wonderland stuff, Id even settle for some Narnia, just some new stuff please!

What do people think about the Dragons in London set? Its a nice set, shame its from a film no-ones heard of. I'd be nice for a retheme.

Heres an idea I had for it on the Imagineering forum (scroll down a bit :P)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8605

Nicholas-c

haha yeah, Reign of fire isn't the best known film, However. I love that scene still, Same with the canyon, Good scene but lacking the magic.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Martyn

Surely logic would suggest that they're going to improve it, lets face it, it needs improving, especially now with the re-routing

Catastrophe Canyon hasn't actually been tarted up since it new, has it? So it is long over due.

They also need to add more things to the Reign of Fire scene. Though in saying that, I get the feeling that scene could well be changed. There's nothing stopping them changing it to a differen't film, a well known disaster film, say Armageddon, of Indepence Day etc. Just a thought, thats all...

Columbiad

It would be nice if they had a few spare trams that they could customise (ala Red Trams from DCA) and drive around the park, in a WDS-style-DLP-railroad manner.

CentralPlazaPerson

I think if Catastrophe Canyon was in a dark room with loud lightning effects plus fire and water it would be awesome!

Anthony

Both these ideas belong in Home Imagineering. Thanks. :wink:

But talking of improving the tour, the "wit" of Jeremy Irons' script and his dry presentation doesn't help the dull-athon of trundling past all those construction walls and empty props boneyards. I wonder who they'll get when the video finally needs to be updated?

CentralPlazaPerson

Someone like Orlando Bloom would do the job for the english speakers.

dagobert

Although the Studio Tram Tour really needs some more props, it is so much better than the one in WDW. I'm not sure if the Tram Tour is still open at DHS. The highlight of the tour is Catastrophe Canyon and that's the only reason why I still want to do this attraction.

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"But talking of improving the tour, the "wit" of Jeremy Irons' script and his dry presentation doesn't help the dull-athon of trundling past all those construction walls and empty props boneyards. I wonder who they'll get when the video finally needs to be updated?

Jeremy is fantastic. He makes the ride - he can never be replaced!

"If you see a dragon, slay it for me."

dagobert

A few years ago there were also trains with other languages than English and French. Does someone know who did the German presentation?

kmara

I think it was Nastassja Kinski
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Anthony

Yep, you can still see the old hosts saying goodbye at the end: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/attracti ... the-magic/

Italian - Isabella Rossellini
German - Natassja Kinski
Spanish - Inés Sastre
Dutch - Famke Janssen

Adam, it seems you're not alone: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=68739708035

dagobert

Thanks for the answers!!

CentralPlazaPerson

"You never know how you might run into in the Studios Park" - Jeremy Irons
When I heard him say that the first time I went on this ride I actually spent the rest of the day on the look out for celebrities! :lol:
I know this sounds stupid but when you are in the reign of fire set there is a fake Underground station which seems to actually go down steps but you can't see past that. Does anyone know if you can actually go down the steps and what happens after that? I'm expecting a "dead end" response or nothing because its probably such a stupid question but you never will find out until you ask it here? :lol:

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"Adam, it seems you're not alone: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=68739708035

Great - disappointed there are only 4 members though!