DLR / WDW | The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "woriflan"I think it feels strange that almost all the scenes are representations of all the songs of the movie wich isn't in most of the other movie-inspired darkrides at the disney parks.

This is the first darkride from the musical-style films of the 90's. And music is used in musicals to tell the story so I think this work perfectly.

Snow_White_Girl

Watched a few videos of the ride now, I thought I'd love it as TLM is possibly my favourite Disney film, but surprisingly I don't. Overall I think they've done a good job with certain parts of it - the Kiss The Girl scene is sweet and the Ursula AA is just amazing... But I don't like the Ariel AA at all, she looks a little strange, almost too pale and a bit ill; I can't put my finger on what it is though, I think it's her face that isn't right. The Under The Sea bit is great, but Sebastian's voice sounds weird - I know Samuel E Wright, who did the voice in all 3 Mermaid films, is still alive and in his mid-60s, so it's a bit odd if he didn't do the voice here... Made even stranger by the fact that Ursula's voice is spot-on and I very much doubt Pat Carroll could have done a reprise of that voice when she's in her 80s :s... Still I'm happy one of the Disney theme parks finally got a Mermaid ride, even if it was 19 years late!! ;)

\":lamp:\"

CafeFantasia

Here are some new screenshots I took of the models and plans forThe Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure currently under construction at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. As you can see in the first screenshot, the ride has 11 show scenes, which are:

• Scene 1 - Load
• Scene 2 - Scuttle
• Scene 3 - Descent
• Scene 4 - Ariel's Grotto
• Scene 5 - Under The Sea
• Scene 6 - Ursula's Lair
• Scene 7 - Ascent
• Scene 8 - Kiss The Girl
• Scene 9 - Love's First Kiss
• Scene 10 - Happily Ever After
• Scene 11 - Unload

Josh

It looks as though the ride is going to be almost exactly the same. It was still really interesting to see that video, though. I prefer this entrance to the one in DCA. It looks great, and it serves as much better setting. ^_^
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]