DLR | Cars Land (2012)

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Thanks for the updated. I think we have to postpone our trip to Anaheim after Carsland is finished. This is really a big attraction. How is the ride called that is based on the Test Track Technology?

alka1

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the updated. I think we have to postpone our trip to Anaheim after Carsland is finished. This is really a big attraction. How is the ride called that is based on the Test Track Technology?

The E-Ticket ride is called Radiator Springs Racers.

The two other rides are Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tires :)

dagobert

Quote from: "alka1"
Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the updated. I think we have to postpone our trip to Anaheim after Carsland is finished. This is really a big attraction. How is the ride called that is based on the Test Track Technology?

The E-Ticket ride is called Radiator Springs Racers.

The two other rides are Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tires :)

Thanks for the quick response.

TheDuck

Is it 2012 yet!  This whole area is going to be awesome; I have never been to DLR before, just WDW.  We will definitely be loading the kids up in the RV and heading out west for a week in 2012.  I really love how Disney gives you an inside look during the building process, I think it makes time go by so much faster when you get a little bit of information here and there.  I know it makes me want to go more and more after every article or post I read about it.
Disney World addict since high school:  SPRING BREAK 1995!

alka1

A lot of new construction walls went up this week in DCA, as the park prepares for the next wave of construction. Some of those new walls are for Cars Land -

The new Cars Land construction walls are themed to Radiator Springs postcards (note the $3.95 price tag from the Radiator Springs Curious shop :D)

WillN

"Eat at Flo's and get gas!" LOL :wink:
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

alka1

Cars Land construction update (8/20) pictures provided by Westcoaster.net: //http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=092010&page=1

A look at some of the new structures that are being built, everything from Lizzie's Curios Shop to Flo's V8 Cafe

RSR Track installation.. The cranes will soon be installing the remaining steel on the eastern side of the land

They have started sculpting the rock on the side of the mountain that faces the Pacific Wharf area

a laborious task to say the least, and they still have to paint all this!

Pretty impressive work so far..

The giant steel structure that will eventually become the high peaks of the Cadillac Range

caption from WestCoaster.net:

QuoteAnd then there's this.  Seriously... when you see this stuff on paper and see the models.  It's all very hard to think about how big it's actually going to be.  Then you see this.  There's more steel going up just for thematic elements on this than almost any other project that they've ever taken on here in the states.  I mean, this really is hugely superfluous... it serves no purpose other than to look pretty and support an attraction.  

This has to be basically the largest rockwork project next to DisneySea's Mt. Prometheus (and is being done by the same person).

A look at the construction site from outside the park

dagobert

Thanks for the update. I wish that DLRP would be a successful resort to see such great attractions. We get TSPL while the other resorts around the world receive such immersive rides.

Dlrpfan

Wow, cant believe how much its changed since leaving in July! loving the rock work, and the whole idea of the ride, going to be great for the park. I also must say DCA good job on those billboards! Really nice too actually see something instead of a boreing dull wall.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

alka1

So it's been about 3 months since the last update here.. Here's the latest on Cars Land construction -

Recently, the WDI team and construction crew celebrated the Topping-Out ceremony, where the highest point of steel was installed:

[youtube:7awxdkw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl1WlidWePU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:7awxdkw4]

QuoteI witnessed a milestone in the multi-year expansion of Disney California Adventure park today. I joined some media and watched the "topping out" ceremony for the Cadillac Mountain Range's tallest peak. At 125 feet, it's the most visible part of the new 12-acre Cars Land, which is scheduled to open in 2012.

At the base of this mountain range will be the entrance to Radiator Springs Racers, the E-ticket thrill ride which will headline Cars Land along with other attractions, food and merchandise shops all based on the Disney-Pixar blockbuster, "Cars."

"Topping out" is a traditional construction event among construction workers and engineers that takes place when the highest piece of steel is installed on the frame of a building. Today, we were privileged to observe this ceremony, which marked a major milestone in the construction of this new and exciting land.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ture-park/

And some recent pictures of construction progress -

A wide look at the Cadillac Range

Rockwork and sculpting

The rock formation is taking shape, it will sit within the helix of Radiator Springs Racers

The buildings along the town's main street are taking shape. Note Lizzy's Curious Shop on the left and Luigi's Casa Della Tires on the right side of the picture

First signs of paint appearing at the mountain side facing the Pacific Wharf

dagobert

Thanks for the pictues. The mountain range looks already amazing. It's really great what WDI created for Carsland, even it is based on charakters. I wonder if DLRP will ever receive such well themed attractions.

CafeFantasia

"I wonder if DLRP will ever receive such well themed attractions?"

It sounds sort of negative to say this, but I really doubt it for at least the next 10-20 years. So that's why I always say, skip 3-4 small trips to Disneyland Paris, save up, and go to Disneyland in California instead. Don't waste too many decades wishing for stuff to come to Paris that's never going to get built, when it already exists and is waiting for you in America today.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan""I wonder if DLRP will ever receive such well themed attractions?"

It sounds sort of negative to say this, but I really doubt it for at least the next 10-20 years. So that's why I always say, skip 3-4 small trips to Disneyland Paris, save up, and go to Disneyland in California instead. Don't waste too many decades wishing for stuff to come to Paris that's never going to get built, when it already exists and is waiting for you in America today.

That's why we are planning to go to Anaheim in 2012.

Anthony

Pacific Wharf looks much better with that rockwork in the background. Seems like DCA suffers another problem in common with WDS - that they forgot (or couldn't afford to) "frame" the park properly, like the railroad and berm does at magic kingdoms. I love the way this Cadillac Range spans the back of the park. Imagine if Walt Disney Studios got a similar, but greener, giant berm way at the back of the park, with a certain "Hollywood" sign on it... One day. (Sorry Alan)

alka1

Construction update for February 2011 -

The lengthy painting process continues throughout the mountain range

Working on the pathway that will connect Pacific Wharf to Cars Land

View from the ground

The Cadillac Range continues to take shape

Desert plants are beginning to appear in the rockwork

(sources: DisneyGeek.com, Dateline Disneyland, DLGazette)