Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

2014 is what I've heard. The bank crisis has caused a delay (Euro Disney has to loan money to build it instead of relying on TWDC).

Josh

There's no way it could be cancelled. They've got a site ready and waiting for it to be built. They've already got the Parisian street. Even if it's postponed for a decade, it will definitely be built. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

There's no doubt, it will get built, let's not forget that otherwise, no other park gets it. WDSP is basically the copy me park of Disney, florida's had some, california's had some, even hong kong has had some

Columbiad

Quote from: "andrewuk"Also, there is a new sign showing a base for EDI:

http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium ... 697237.php

(Sorry, andrewuk your link didn't work! But here's a working version: //http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium/seine-et-marne-77/une-nouvelle-attraction-a-disneyland-paris-02-11-2011-1697237.php )

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Meph"There's no way it could be cancelled. They've got a site ready and waiting for it to be built. They've already got the Parisian street. Even if it's postponed for a decade, it will definitely be built. :)

Well the same could be said for the site of splash mountain. Also, in the original Disneyland there was going to be a liberty street, and a streets of the world, and a discovery bay. There are challenges all the time, and disney have scraped attractiong before with it to show up elsewhere (the hyperion airship in discoveryland was originally designed for discovery bay in disneyland.)

My wdi exec said they have been ready to build rat, but with greece and italy financial problems, the banks will not release any money. There are a number of planned projects, and tspl was a disappointment (what did i warn everyone off over 3 years ago?), so they are considering just pumping meet and greets and happenings into the park. And there is serious discussion about scrapping rat all together (just like beastly kingdom at dak where they built the dragon already). But it is disney, and that means things can change.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Surely that photo that points to a new E.D.L.I. (Euro Disneyland Imagineering) base, is merely for the team working on the new Dreams nighttime show?

davewasbaloo

yep

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

When they say TSPL is a failure - in what respect, how do they gauge this? I'm guessing they they had marketing based around it and numbers didn't increase during that time or general attendance in WDS didn't increase with TSPL? It does of course coincide with a period of massive financial hardship all over Europe. Not that I'm trying to defend it as on our last trip we only went as far as Cars - partly because Lucas was too young to go the rides and partly because from my perspective it didn't look that interesting. I'd rather fill up my memory card with even more photos from within Disneyland Park than any from TSPL.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

davewasbaloo

A failure in terms of increasing numbers through the gates (similar problem with Star Tours 2). It is not an issue about the artistic integrity (or lack of imho), insufficient capacity, issues with weather related or technical faults, or a lack of compulsion as these attractions can be found in other parks around the globe. Although i would hope that would help.

CafeFantasia

The thing is, not every area or attraction has to increase the attendance levels of a park to be worthwhile.

While Toy Story Playland may not have achieved what they designed it to achieve (i.e. increase attendance), it does still increase the range of experiences available at the Walt Disney Studios park, and it does provide the park with its first fully-immersive land that is themed through 360?. Plus it has increased the capacity of the rides in the park, which should help reduce the wait times for other attractions (such as Crush's Coaster).

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Very true, and in this economic climate who's to say that it didn't help sustain attendance which would would have dropped without it? It did look very busy when we were there.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

CafeFantasia

Right. Attractions need to be added and updated over time, not necessarily to increase attendance but to sustain attendance and to maintain the quality of the park.

As you said on your podcast, Star Tours should be updated to The Adventures Continue not necessarily to increase attendance at Disneyland Park, but to maintain a certain standard of experience. The older the original Star Tours gets, the crappier and more "broken" it will seem to guests, which will have a negative impact on their entire experience at the park, and ultimately reduce guest satisfaction levels.

davewasbaloo

I am simply reporting back some internal info. Does not mean I agree. After all, I believe the lack of maintenance over the previous years coupled with a reliance on meet and greets have hurt the place with flat attendance, while merlin, Europa park, phantasialand and efteling have been posting record growth.

davewasbaloo

Along with my well publicized view that TSPL was a huge waste of money and land.

DopeyDad

Yay :) a TSPL discussion! Now where did I leave my poking stick :-"