Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15yearsofMagic2008

Ooops ! Sorry  :(
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Riebi

After a look at the new google earth pics I ask myself where the ratatoullie darkride should take place. They wrote somewhere behind cars and TAODA. But There´s just this little green gras area where ToyStoryLand should be. So do they place it in the imagination building or behind it or....???

Maybe like RnRCj expected in the toy story land topic?

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Whoknew?

what about the backstage topic this september about the costume building? may the building will be demolished to make way for an even bigger expansion of the toon studio and to avoid the collision of toon studio and hollywood boulevard like you've drawn on the map...

Riebi

:) The colored map is from RnRCj. But I ask myself also if the want to make something with the imagination building since the costume department could (rumoured) move away from there.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

phantom247

Lets forget Ratatouille even though it was a great film with theme Parks relying on marketing and merchandising it would be more prudent for the resort to get Monsters Inc ride and go seek.  Why do you say that because Monsters 2 will be released 2013 which means lots of cross over advatising of all things monsters related.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "phantom247"Lets forget Ratatouille even though it was a great film with theme Parks relying on marketing and merchandising it would be more prudent for the resort to get Monsters Inc ride and go seek.  Why do you say that because Monsters 2 will be released 2013 which means lots of cross over advatising of all things monsters related.

Where's the Disney Press Release saying Monsters Inc 2 2013?
It doesn't exist... The Creation of Monsters Inc 2 is still nothing but Internet Hype and Fan boy wishes...  
Monsters Inc Ride... I wouldn't plan for it until After Ratatouille is constructed as Ratatouille is supposed to be Unique to DLRP until someone whips it for another resort!

Anthony

I can't see where they would whip it for another resort... luckily... except maybe France at Epcot?

A Ratatouille ride would go down better at WDS than Monsters Inc, and also allows for more fanciful theming. Monsters Inc would be great also, true, but it'd also be a factory-style building sitting at the back of the park.

Also, it seemed like Imagineering was lining up a big next-generation Pixar dark ride for each resort/country -- Toy Story Midway Mania for the US parks, Monsters Inc for Tokyo and Ratatouille for Paris.

phantom247

I never said that Ratatooille is not still going into WDS I just mean't that comercially Monsters Inc would make a better decision.   And yes Captain Pan there is no official anouncement on Monsters 2 for 2013 yet! but that does not mean that they have been working on the project for quite a while now and that it is not sceduled for Summer 2013.  Do we take it that Toy Story Playland is not going ahead as Disney have not released any press release on the project no Disney releases information when they feel it is financially prudent.   As Disney has UP to promote this year and don't want to detract from this Marketing for doctors next cinema release they don't want to talk about his future projects untill maybe the fall of 2009.

Willow

Ratatouille makes more sense to be in the studios than Monsters Inc. Ratatouille is set in France after all!

There are already Monsters Inc rides at various Disney parks, its about time that Paris gets a totally unique ride.

Ice101

Quote from: "phantom247"I never said that Ratatooille is not still going into WDS I just mean't that comercially Monsters Inc would make a better decision.   And yes Captain Pan there is no official anouncement on Monsters 2 for 2013 yet! but that does not mean that they have been working on the project for quite a while now and that it is not sceduled for Summer 2013.  Do we take it that Toy Story Playland is not going ahead as Disney have not released any press release on the project no Disney releases information when they feel it is financially prudent.   As Disney has UP to promote this year and don't want to detract from this Marketing for doctors next cinema release they don't want to talk about his future projects untill maybe the fall of 2009.
That doesn't make any sense.  Okay, well Ratatouille premiered the same year as 3 Finding Nemo attractions.  Just because they have a different movie opening up doesn't mean it stops them from building the attraction.

phantom247

my comment is partly based on Disneys own Research which was caried out with young children on which films they remember and the characters within them.  The conclusion of this research was that children only remember properties for 5 years.   This is why Disney has produced a short for Cars to be placed in front of a variety of animated features this year as well as a short series for the Disney channel.  Disney is rereleasing Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D to generate enough take up with new fans and film patrons alike to support Toy Story 3.     Ratatouille Attraction will come out 5 Years after the film came out and there is no intention to carry on with this brand in future films and does not have a long life span in terms of merchandise which needs to support most new attractions.

Anthony

Quote from: "phantom247"The conclusion of this research was that children only remember properties for 5 years.
They must be very, very young children...

And anyway, isn't it parents who ultimately decide to go to DLRP? I'd say Ratatouille was very much a "parents'" film, and would appeal much more than Monsters Inc. The Parisian theme would make it feel very special and unique to DLRP.

Actually, after seeing how they added the Eiffel Tower to the Tower of Terror marketing in the UK, I think they'd love to have a very Parisian feature within the resort to market. Stops people from leaving the resort to visit the city. :wink:

15yearsofMagic2008

If this rumour isn't true , I wonder who started these ?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Yesitsme

It was confirmed ages ago by a senior member of staff in the Disney company (one of the high up American ones but can't remember who)

He stated in an interview with msbc that the Disney company is working on a Ratatouille ride for the Paris Studio Park. Of course plans can change but I really hope we see this Ratatouille dark ride in Paris. It is so sad how so many wonderful attractions have been designed for this park but never built.

Kristof

Hong Kong Disneyland is getting a trackless ride as well.  I guess it's cheaper to buy 2 instead of just a single ride system...

Quote from: "Hong Kong Disneyland"Inside Mystic Manor, a trackless ride system enables vehicles to move "freely" about the attraction as the story unfolds. Audio-Animatronic® figures and special visual and audio effects help tell the story of mystical phenomena.